Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deraps - sound familiar?

Go down 
+3
metalken
Troublezone
mikeinfla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Deraps - sound familiar? Empty
PostSubject: Deraps - sound familiar?   Deraps - sound familiar? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 9:12 am

I have no idea who this band is. but the SOUND is familiar, check it out.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Deraps - sound familiar?   Deraps - sound familiar? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 12:16 pm

That’s the new band featuring the guitar wiz kid Jacob Deraps. He’s been a big YouTube sensation for several years doing spot on guitar covers of early Van Halen songs. Same with the drummer Josh Gallagher. They joined forces for this band as a Van Halen inspired power trio.

Jacob lives in Quebec Canada and Josh is from Australia.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Deraps - sound familiar?   Deraps - sound familiar? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 12:36 pm

I like what I hear, glad to see someone doing a classic style. Sure, it's a rip off of VH but howmany bands rip off AC/DC and we love those bands too.
I hope they do more!
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Deraps - sound familiar?   Deraps - sound familiar? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 4:36 pm

Not too shabby at all. Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Deraps - sound familiar?   Deraps - sound familiar? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 9:58 pm

Wow! Not just the guitar, but the drumming (especially as the songs starts) really has an early VH sound to it. Honestly, if you take away the vox, it sounds like a lost VH track circa 1978-1983. Besides the obvious, the Hair band Roxy Blue came to mind, especially the song, Rob the Cradle. A few years back there was that band Klassik 78 or something that sounded just like 70's era Kiss; we could have a Classic VH that does dead on impersonations of DLR era VH. Thanks for the heads up, brother.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Deraps - sound familiar?   Deraps - sound familiar? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 10:55 pm

The one element that is the hardest to imitate is Michael Anthony’s backing vocals. I’ve never heard a VH cover band that can recreate that!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39184

PostSubject: Re: Deraps - sound familiar?   Deraps - sound familiar? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 11:04 pm

That sounds really cool.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9854

PostSubject: Re: Deraps - sound familiar?   Deraps - sound familiar? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 12:14 am

Can hear some Aerosmith vibe in there.

Interesting music.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Deraps - sound familiar?   Deraps - sound familiar? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 9:49 pm

I like this. Up-tempo boogie-shuffle with some killer guitar and nice vocals harmonies. What's not to like? Oh wait, the name. Yea, I get it, it's his last name. Just looks too close to "derp".

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Deraps - sound familiar?   Deraps - sound familiar? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 10:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I like this. Up-tempo boogie-shuffle with some killer guitar and nice vocals harmonies. What's not to like? Oh wait, the name. Yea, I get it, it's his last name. Just looks too close to "derp".

He plays guitar but he also likes De-rap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deraps - sound familiar?   Deraps - sound familiar? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deraps - sound familiar?
Page 1 of 1