Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Actor David Carradine Dead at 73

Go down 
+12
sam
Leatherface
Required Fields
nevermore
thejokeriv
Troublezone
metalinmyveins
DeathCult
Rex
MetalGuy71
manny
Thrasher73
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Empty
PostSubject: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:20 am

“Kill Bill” star David Carradine was found dead in a Bangkok hotel room Wednesday, his manager told FOX News Thursday.

Chuck Binder said Carradine, 73, was staying in Bangkok while shooting a movie. The film crew became aware of his absence when they went to dine out at a restaurant yesterday. When a producer went to his room, he discovered that the actor had died.

A statement on behalf of his family has yet to be released, but Binder called the death "shocking and sad."

While Binder gave no indication of the cause of death, several internet reports have reported natural causes.

Carradine was best known for his role in the television series “Kung Fu.”
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:22 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:25 am

Used to love those 'Kung FU' reruns as a kid. RIP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:26 am

Quite a loss, a great character actor. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:50 am

Quote :
While Binder gave no indication of the cause of death, several internet reports have reported natural causes

I just heard a report that it may have been suicide by hanging. Not confirmed yet, though.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:57 am

Confirmed
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:02 am

Rex wrote:
Confirmed

Sad, but apparently true...

http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20090604/AS.Thailand.David.Carradine/

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:04 am

I normally don't care about dead people, but why live 73 years only to rub yourself out? That's very odd.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:09 am

SpectreFate wrote:
I normally don't care about dead people, but why live 73 years only to rub yourself out? That's very odd.

Add to the fact that he did it while on location shooting a movie in Thailand. Seems odd.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:26 am

It was the government. They had to stop the knowledge of the palm of death.

Seriously though, great actor and a damn shame, but a very odd death.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:50 am

Even though Bruce Lee probably wanted to punch a hole in this guy back in the day, this is sad to hear. It was cool to see that David became relevant in Hollywood again after the Kill Bill movies.

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:22 pm

He had done a comedy recently called "Big Stan". Really sad and a big shock. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:02 pm

Shocking - hanging is such a bad way to go
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:27 pm

Terrible news and sad that he committed suicide. RIP
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:50 pm

He was 72, actually, not 73.

Still, R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:18 pm

RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:58 pm

how tragic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:38 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:18 am

Now the reports is that his death may have been accidental. He was found nude with a rope around his neck & genitals, indicating he may have been doing that weird auto-erotic asphyxiation thing, which just makes things even more sad and creepy.

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:22 am

I've also read that his wrists were tied behind his back, but nothing is certain. No matter what it was an odd way to go out. It taints a good man's accomplishments.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 8:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Now the reports is that his death may have been accidental. He was found nude with a rope around his neck & genitals, indicating he may have been doing that weird auto-erotic asphyxiation thing, which just makes things even more sad and creepy.

Like Michael Hutchence from INXS.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:01 pm

Troublezone wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yup, same deal. And according to The Smoking Gun.com, his last wife divorced him back in '07 (?), in part, because of "weird sexual behavior" or something like that. Which could back up that report. Sad.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:18 am

Sad, regardless of how it happened. Used to watch Kung Fu a lot back when I was a kid with my Dad.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 2:48 am

I'm getting a small group together to watch Kung-Fu in honor of the man. Too bad he went out the way he did, always loved the series and the movie is a classic in my book.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:39 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yup, same deal. And according to The Smoking Gun.com, his last wife divorced him back in '07 (?), in part, because of "weird sexual behavior" or something like that. Which could back up that report. Sad.

Well i guess this proves that old guys don't really lose their sex drive after all... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Actor David Carradine Dead at 73   Actor David Carradine Dead at 73 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Actor David Carradine Dead at 73
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next