Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CD store in London!!

Go down 
+3
XYZ
Smindas
scottmitchell74
7 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

CD store in London!! Empty
PostSubject: CD store in London!!   CD store in London!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:42 pm

The wife and I were in Picadilly Circus and I stumbled upon a joint called HMV. It had a Metal CD section. Imagine my joy!! All the Heavy Metal bands I've grown to love there. This was easily the best Metal selection I've ever seen at a store. I decided to get a souvenier cd and picked up Wolf - Ravenous. It was just nice seeing all those cds in the flesh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD store in London!!   CD store in London!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:44 pm

Good pick up, I guarantee you will like that album.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: CD store in London!!   CD store in London!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:07 pm

The problem with all HMVs are, even if they do have a good selection (which is only ever true of the ones in the big cities, I think), they normally charge quite rip off prices. I was looking in the same one you're talking about last week and frequently saw metal CDs at £15, which just isn't right.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: CD store in London!!   CD store in London!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:19 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
The wife and I were in Picadilly Circus and I stumbled upon a joint called HMV. It had a Metal CD section. Imagine my joy!! All the Heavy Metal bands I've grown to love there. This was easily the best Metal selection I've ever seen at a store. I decided to get a souvenier cd and picked up Wolf - Ravenous. It was just nice seeing all those cds in the flesh.

I thought you quit albums for a year.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: CD store in London!!   CD store in London!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:08 pm

xyz wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

It was a souvenir..its different...sortof? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: CD store in London!!   CD store in London!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:00 am

We used to have a HMV in NYC but I dont think it was as nice as the ones in london.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: CD store in London!!   CD store in London!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:50 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
The wife and I were in Picadilly Circus and I stumbled upon a joint called HMV. It had a Metal CD section. Imagine my joy!!

I was in that exact same store about 4 years ago when I went to London. Cool place, but the prices can be a bit high. Did pick up a few goodies when I was there, though, that were marked down for whatever reason.

How did you enjoy my 4 yr. old sloppy seconds? Razz

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: CD store in London!!   CD store in London!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:50 am

Quote :

Stender has the truth of it, it's a souvenier. Counts against my 24, but not against the psychology of my addiction.

Sideshow - four years was apparently enough time for a 2nd virginity to ripen!!

The cds there were VERY expensive, but I figured that's the price I was paying for the locale and the experience.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: CD store in London!!   CD store in London!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:27 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
The wife and I were in Picadilly Circus and I stumbled upon a joint called HMV. It had a Metal CD section. Imagine my joy!!

I was in that exact same store about 4 years ago when I went to London. Cool place, but the prices can be a bit high. Did pick up a few goodies when I was there, though, that were marked down for whatever reason.

How did you enjoy my 4 yr. old sloppy seconds? Razz

I did a similiar thing when I was in London for a brief time a few years ago. I went into a Virgin Megastore, well-knowing that things would be over-priced. But the selection was so killer, I picked up a few things anyway just in case sometime in the future, if the occasion ever arose that a message board was created and I would eventually sign-up and become a member of, I'd have something to contribute.

Looks like things worked out pretty well in that respect.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: CD store in London!!   CD store in London!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:28 am

Virgin Megastore (which later became Zavvi) actually became really reasonably priced over the last few years for metal. I picked up loads of CDs for £5-6, which is a steal over here. Shame they went out of business.

PostSubject: Re: CD store in London!!   CD store in London!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CD store in London!!
Page 1 of 1