Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Towers of London?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:47 am

Anyone here heard this British band? A pal from another forum hooked me up with a copy of their BLOOD, SWEAT AND TOWERS disc from '07 and I was pretty impressed. Old-school sounding punk (i.e. Pistols, Ramones) with a slight sleaze-rock edge. The kind of band that makes you want to get drunk and punch somebody. Good catchy stuff. The singer has the most endearing Brit-accented snarl I've heard in ages.

Here's the vid for their single "I'm A Rat"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaoCX_T22SI

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:23 pm

Love that album. Rattpoison recommended it to me awhile back. I like "Air Guitar" and F It Up.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:27 pm

Don't mind them as a band, although not wholly my thing. Enjoyable though. But really, ever since Donny Tourette appeared on Nevermind the Buzzcocks, I just can't take them seriously. I have never seen such an absolute twat - he makes Axl Rose look good.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:30 pm

I didn't realize The Towers had a new album out. Just ordered "Fizzy Pop".

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I didn't realize The Towers had a new album out. Just ordered "Fizzy Pop".

I didn't either, but now I do. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:24 pm

Smindas wrote:
I have never seen such an absolute twat - he makes Axl Rose look good.
The entire band seems like a bunch of douchebags, from what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Hey, don't knock it... it worked for the Sex Pistols, it worked for Axl Rose, and so on down the line... Smile

Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised. From what little I've seen of their 'rockumentary' footage, they seemed like ridiculous, overgrown brats.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:46 pm

Smindas wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised. From what little I've seen of their 'rockumentary' footage, they seemed like ridiculous, overgrown brats.

Fortunately, I'm only interested in their music and not looking to move next door to them so I couldn't care less about their personalities. Which, by the way, are probably pretty typical for this style of music. Can you imagine having Hardcore Superstar, Backyard Babies, Gemini Five, etc, etc as neighbors?

Very Happy

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:00 pm

Smindas wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
You haven't seen the videos where they go out and deliberately pick fights with people? Yeah, they're dicks.

Good band, though.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:16 pm

I'm over them now....when it first came out it was exciting and all but then when Donny got on Celebrity Big Brother that was it for me, he then completely kept making a d*ck of himself in the press and on Nevermind The Buzzcocks. And not to mention the ridiculous documentary of them which basically folllows them around recording all their punch ups and "bad boy behaviour". You really couldn't take them seriously again.

It was also around the same time that i discovered the Manic Street Preacher's Generation Terrorists....it kind of exposed the TOL for the shell of rebellion they were. Here's what the Towers wanted to be but they drunkenly stumbled short through boorish Motley Crue behaviour, because they thought that's what rock n' roll bands acted like.

I don't say this often....but i should of listened to the NME!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:22 pm

rattpoison wrote:
I'm over them now....when it first came out it was exciting and all but then when Donny got on Celebrity Big Brother that was it for me, he then completely kept making a d*ck of himself in the press and on Nevermind The Buzzcocks. And not to mention the ridiculous documentary of them which basically folllows them around recording all their punch ups and "bad boy behaviour". You really couldn't take them seriously again.

It was also around the same time that i discovered the Manic Street Preacher's Generation Terrorists....it kind of exposed the TOL for the shell of rebellion they were. Here's what the Towers wanted to be but they drunkenly stumbled short through boorish Motley Crue behaviour, because they thought that's what rock n' roll bands acted like.

I repeat...I don't care if a band are a bunch of dicks. I listen to a band because I like their music. If I think the new Towers album sucks, I'll say so.

Conversely, if I love the new Towers disc, I couldn't care less if the band is a bunch of assholes; I like the music.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:43 am

That's fair enough Toho, and in most cases I'd share your opinion. But the inconceivable amount of idiocy that spews forth from Donny really puts me off the music - really, the less I have to hear his voice, the better ;P

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 5:30 pm

Freddy,

Check out their new one "Fizzy Pop". The songs are much more memorable than their previous effort. In fact, I'd put this in my top 10 acquisitions for the year.

This one refuses to leave my CD player.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 7:34 pm

rattpoison wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 8:46 pm

Please disregard the Australian elitist. just kidding

Listen to 1984 Nanny Nation and Queen Of Cool and make up your own minds.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=17997548

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 9:37 pm

The good thing about 1984 Nanny Nation is it has a go at the draconian smoking bans in pubs, clubs and other public places.

Naff song but good point!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Towers of London? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Towers of London?   Towers of London? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Towers of London?
Page 1 of 1