Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Ticket price

Go down 
+7
Runicen
jstate
glassprison
onrypt
Fat Freddy
brokentulsa
11 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 6:01 pm

What was the best ticket price you ever PAID (not free)  ...I remember paying $8 to see AC/DC and Judas Priest...Paid $12 to see stryper with hurricane and white lion...paid $10 to see accept/coney hatch/krokus
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 6:23 pm

$10 bucks to see the Ramones in Staten Island, NY in 1988. My first ever club show, my first mosh pit. Best ten bucks I ever spent. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 11:45 pm

(Going over my old concert stubs)
Whitesnake for $16 9/24/87
Sam Kinison for $17.50 11/25/89
Cinderella $16.50 3/28/89
RATT $13.25 7/24/85
Journey $13.25 7/19/83
AC/DC $14.50 10/10/85
Van Halen $13.50 6/15/84
Iron Maiden $12.50 3/2/85
Dio $12.00 11/16/84
Ozzy/Metallica $14.50 3/29/86
Saw Beck do a Tsunami benefit in Hollywood '05 for $10.
There are more but I can't find all of my stubs right now.
(BrokenTulsa if you've been an Okie for awhile we might have gone to some of the same shows, lol)
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 4:16 pm

$11.00 to see Loverboy and Zebra

$13.50 for KISS/Accept

I'd love to see those prices again.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 4:19 pm

This thread is depressing to read when I'm debating paying $100 for a bad Kiss/Def Leppard seat; and $50 for a general admission Tesla show!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 4:26 pm

I think I paid thirty for a ticket to the Monsters Of Rock Tour at RFK Stadium in 1988. And complained up until show time about the price. Actually I think my big complaint was ticketmaster adding "fees" to the price. Of course it ended up being worth every penny.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 9:00 am

Here's a sad comparison:

I saw Peter Gabriel in DC back in 2003 or 2004 and paid $88 a head for my g/f at the time and I to get as close to the front as possible. We were maybe 8 rows back and dead center.

If you wanted to see him now, those seats would be closer to $300.

That kind of thing blows my mind more than a little.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 10:30 am

On this date in 1986, I saw my first ever concert - Judas Priest's TURBO tour at the Meadowlands Arena in New Jersey. Dokken was the opening act.

Ticket price was a mere $15.50. Damn, times really have changed.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 11:47 am

Haven't been to enough concerts to say. However, I've mostly seen bands at smaller venues so I haven't spent a whole lot on tickets.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
On this date in 1986, I saw my first ever concert - Judas Priest's TURBO tour at the Meadowlands Arena in New Jersey. Dokken was the opening act.

Ticket price was a mere $15.50. Damn, times really have changed.

Some people want time travel to exist so they can see ancient civilizations and solve great mysteries. @#%# that! I just want a time machine so I can see prime Priest for less than $20!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:35 pm

Runicen wrote:

Some people want time travel to exist so they can see ancient civilizations and solve great mysteries.  @#%# that!  I just want a time machine so I can see prime Priest for less than $20!

tr00

T shirts were around $15 too, if memory serves. I bought one from each band for less than it would cost to buy ONE shirt at a concert today. Haha

...it was so long ago that Don Dokken still had his real hair! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:48 pm

$25 paid for both days.

Best Ticket price CA_poster
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:21 pm

Lovecraft wrote:
$25 paid for both days.

That sounds awesome, but where the hell is Califfornia?  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:27 pm

Lovecraft wrote:
$25 paid for both days.

That's about what we paid for this :

Best Ticket price Monsters_of_rock_1988
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:35 pm

Can't remember the ticket prices for most shows back then.... but I do think my first show was under $20. I remember people complaining that tickets to U2 for the Achtung Baby tour were $28 bucks and that the TicketBastard fee of $2.00 was highway robbery.

Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 3:51 pm

Ugh... Ticket fees...

Those things made sense when ordering online wasn't the ONLY option available. It's gotten to the point where I'm more likely to build in a "Plan B" when it comes to travelling for shows so I can buy them in the box office on the day of the show rather than pre-order. Talk about crap business models...
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 12:13 am

I saw a show with headliner Girlschool with opening acts Goddo and Anvil ages ago for $5.70. A local radio station sponsored the show and sold 2 tickets for $11.40, as their call letters and numbers were XL1140.
Any show in the eighties were not expensive at all.
Saw Fugazi in 1999 for ten bucks-no sevice fees.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best Ticket price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ticket price   Best Ticket price Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Ticket price
Page 1 of 1