Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spiritual Beggars

Go down 
+8
troublemagnet
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
sam
James B.
Troublezone
Lurideath
Mglaffas81
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Spiritual Beggars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Beggars   Spiritual Beggars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:49 am

Wow, he sounds great on that song, liked his voice with Firewind so i'll have to check out more. I like this new direction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Beggars   Spiritual Beggars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 12:04 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Wow, he sounds great on that song, liked his voice with Firewind so i'll have to check out more. I like this new direction.

New direction for the vocalist or the band? The only reason I ask is because Spiritual Beggars switched to their current Deep Purple-ish sound 10 years ago. I still think "On Fire" is their best overall album.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Beggars   Spiritual Beggars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 12:07 pm

I meant him, singing in more classic rock type band insted of the european power metal of Firewind.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Beggars   Spiritual Beggars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:46 am

First single released...

Bitchin' Spiritual Beggars - Page 2 604261

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Beggars   Spiritual Beggars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:08 am

Good stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Beggars   Spiritual Beggars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:51 am

The new album Earth Blues came out this week. It's on Spotify as well.

Another new song; "Turn The Tide". The opening riff is very close to Supernaut, then once it kicks in we're firmly in Deep Purple territory circa "Burn". That's a compliment.

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Beggars   Spiritual Beggars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:32 am

Quote :
we're firmly in Deep Purple territory circa "Burn"

That description alone merits a buy for me. I only have Return To Zero and still haven't gotten around to giving it a listen. Need to get on it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Beggars   Spiritual Beggars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:56 am

I really the tracks from the new album posted in this thread. Does the whole thing sound like that?

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Beggars   Spiritual Beggars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 12:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I really the tracks from the new album posted in this thread. Does the whole thing sound like that?

Basically. It's their most firmly "70s" album they've made, lots of Deep Purple, some Uriah Heep touches, Rainbow, a little bit of Jeff Beck, some Thin Lizzy....all the good stuff put in a blender.

My only complaint with the album is that at 12 tracks it's a little too long, cut off 3 or 4 and it would have been a much punchier, compact experience. I still think LP length (anywhere from 35 to 50 minutes) is the "sweet spot" for an album.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Beggars   Spiritual Beggars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:27 am

Here is a killer live performance from 2003 filmed during the tour for "On Fire".

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Beggars   Spiritual Beggars - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:34 am

Their latest disc Earth Blues is pretty decent. I need to give it some more spins to let it sink in a little more, but the first coupla listens were pretty promising. If you liked their last couple, this one's not far off the mark.

PostSubject: Re: Spiritual Beggars   Spiritual Beggars - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spiritual Beggars
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: