Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NHL Stanley Cup Finals

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Empty
PostSubject: The NHL Stanley Cup Finals   The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:07 pm

Detroit Red Wings [2W] vs. Pittsburgh Penguins [4E]

For the first time since the New York Islanders and Edmonton Oilers met in 1982-83 and 1983-84, the Stanley Cup Finals is a rematch. Both teams had very easy Conference Finals matchups (Pittsburgh swept Carolina in four straight; Detroit took out Chicago in only five games). Detroit had some injuries in the Conference Finals, notably to Nicklas Lidstrom, who will be back in the Finals. However, Pavel Datsyuk and Kris Draper will miss Game 1. Pittsburgh's head coach, Dan Bylsma, is the fourth NHL coach who, after being a mid season replacement, led his team to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Prediction: Pittsburgh in six games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Finals   The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:22 pm

Pittsburgh in 6. GO PENS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Finals   The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:30 pm

I'm going with the Pens naturally. It's going to be tough but I think they can pull it off. I think it will go to 6 as well. GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Finals   The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:30 pm

I'm going with the Pens naturally. It's going to be tough but I think they can pull it off. I think it will go to 6 as well. GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Finals   The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:31 am

You guys are on crack. Obviously, the first game has been played, and Detroit won, but I can't go against Detroit in the finals. They are the better team.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Finals   The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:31 pm

Not denying they're the better team. I just think the Pens can pull it off.Anything can happen in a 7 game series.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Finals   The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:48 pm

I like the Pens well enough, but mainly I just want Detroit to lose. It's just fun to root against 'em. Smile
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Finals   The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:40 pm

Yeah, I like to root against Detroit too.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Finals   The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:16 am

2-0 Red Wings baby. No, I'm not just now jumping on their bandwagon. My mom's from Michigan, so I root for the Michigan teams after the Arizona teams (where I live). Since the Coyotes tanked, I'm rooting for the Red Wings (and because there are no other Wings fans on this forum, apparently).
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Finals   The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:59 pm

Again I say anything can happen ! STANLEY CUP CHAMPS BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Finals   The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The NHL Stanley Cup Finals
Page 1 of 1