Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions

Go down 
+2
Lari
Required Fields
6 posters

Who will win the Stanley Cup?
Nashville in four games
The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Vote_lcap0%The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nashville in five games
The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Vote_lcap0%The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nashville in six games
The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Vote_lcap29%The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Nashville in seven games
 0% [ 0 ]
Pittsburgh in four games
The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Vote_lcap14%The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Pittsburgh in five games
The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Vote_lcap29%The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Pittsburgh in six games
The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Vote_lcap14%The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Pittsburgh in seven games
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Empty
PostSubject: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 12:47 pm

STANLEY CUP FINALS

Pittsburgh Penguins (2nd in Metropolitan Division) vs. Nashville Predators (2nd wild card, Western Conference)
The Pittsburgh Penguins, the defending Stanley Cup Champions, are in the Stanley Cup Finals for the second consecutive season. Just like last year, when they faced the San Jose Sharks in the Stanley Cup Finals (the Penguins won the series four games to two), the Penguins face a team making their first ever Stanley Cup Finals appearance. The Nashville Predators have shocked the hockey world with their run, which started off with a shocking sweep of the Chicago Blackhawks in the opening round; the Predators were the first ever bottom seed to sweep the top seeded team in the conference in the modern NHL playoff format. The Penguins hope to become the first team to win back to back Stanley Cups since the Detroit Red Wings did it back in 1997 and 1998.

Prediction:  Pittsburgh in five games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 1:21 pm

An entire week off hurts the Predators and they come out rusty and lose tonight.

I think they've got the better defense for sure, but they lack star quality forwards especially now that RyJo is out and Fisher is probably at 50%.

I also trust Murray more than Rinne. Penguins win both home games, but the Predators are a good home team and might win both at home. My guess is the Penguins steal one of the two road games (possibly in OT) to effectively decide the series, and the teams come back to Pittsburgh and it's handshakes and ceremony time after game 5.

Crosby wins Conn Smythe. Guentzel scores the cup winning goal.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 1:43 pm

Pens in 6.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:42 pm

I'm going with the Pens in 7. Nashville is a really tough team and this should be a great series.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 4:58 am

What a great first game. The Pens jump out to a 3-0 first period lead then let the Predators claw their way back to tie it up. The Penguins were then ultimately able to pull it out with the final 2 goals. Jake Guentzal scored the game winning goal in his first Cup final.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 9:37 am

I hope the Pens win in four because their home games are totally screwing up my bus route. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 10:36 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I hope the Pens win in four because their home games are totally screwing up my bus route.  Smile

I also said the Pens in 4 but not for your commute. Smile

But now that is another reason for it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 10:08 am

An interesting bit of trivia concerning the first game of the Stanley Cup Finals...

Pittsburgh set a record for the fewest shots on net for a winning team in a Stanley Cup Finals game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2712532-pittsburgh-penguins-post-historically-low-shot-total-in-game-1-win
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 10:40 am

martinsane wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
I hope the Pens win in four because their home games are totally screwing up my bus route.  Smile

I also said the Pens in 4 but not for your commute. Smile

But now that is another reason for it.

Thanks! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 12:31 pm

The Predators were the better team, but Rinne lost them the game.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 9:23 pm

Required Fields wrote:
An interesting bit of trivia concerning the first game of the Stanley Cup Finals...

Pittsburgh set a record for the fewest shots on net for a winning team in a Stanley Cup Finals game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2712532-pittsburgh-penguins-post-historically-low-shot-total-in-game-1-win

Wow that is impressive, 12 shots for 5 goals.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 9:41 am

This series is starting to worry me...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 6:40 am

This has been a wild series. Both goalies have looked practically unbeatable at home and pathetic on the road. It certainly has made it interesting.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 9:28 am

007 wrote:
This has been a wild series. Both goalies have looked practically unbeatable at home and pathetic on the road. It certainly has made it interesting.

What have you thought of the Crosby and Subban tussles?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 9:43 am

akeldama wrote:
007 wrote:

What have you thought of the Crosby and Subban tussles?

Eh, it's part of hockey, I guess. Subban's been hounding Crosby all series and I guess Crosby just lost his mind there. He should have had a 5 minute major but they both got 2 minute minors. I'm certainly not going to go overboard and bitch and moan about it, like I've been seeing on social media.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 8:14 am

Crosby wins back to back Conn Smythe Trophies and the Penguins are champions once again.

They got a break with referee Kevin Pollock being a little too quick with his whistle early in the second period. That definitely should have been a goal, but obviously you can't allow it after the play was blown dead already.

The Predators had their chances, a 5-on-3 powerplay among others, but they couldn't get the job done. Especially Colton Sissons must wake up to a pretty bad hangover - a disallowed goal, a missed breakaway and a shot that hit the post.

But that's what separates champions from runners up. That Cup winning goal was awesome and beautiful. Rinne, instead of making the save, slashes Ellis in the beard with his stick. I should make a Windows wallpaper out of that.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 6:09 pm

Happy with the outcome of the playoffs for sure.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 9:00 pm

akeldama wrote:
Happy with the outcome of the playoffs for sure.

For sure. That's my home town team. Been a fan for a long time.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 9:23 pm

Not my hometown team but I've liked the Pens and Hawks since I was a kid. I never change teams and never like CO teams but the Avs changed that for me and that's the only team I like better than the Pens and Hawks.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 8:48 am

Great outcome! My bus route will be back to normal now. Thanks Pens!
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 10:38 pm

Not what I predicted but hey a cup in 6 is alright and it is 2 in a row so hello dynasty...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 11:30 pm

martinsane wrote:
Not what I predicted but hey a cup in 6 is alright and it is 2 in a row so hello dynasty...

The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions 25679 cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions
Page 1 of 1