Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions

Go down 
+4
ultmetal
Svengo
Lari
Required Fields
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Empty
PostSubject: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 9:13 pm

STANLEY CUP FINALS

New York Rangers (Eastern Conference) vs. Los Angeles Kings (Western Conference)

The Rangers and Kings meet each other in the playoffs for the first time since 1981, when the Rangers defeated the Kings three games to one in the opening round of the playoffs. The Kings have made playoff history by winning three seven game series before advancing to the Stanley Cup Finals. They also made playoff history two seasons ago in becoming the first last seeded playoff team to win the Stanley Cup.

The Rangers are in the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time since 1994. The Rangers made history that season in ending the longest drought between Stanley Cups ever, not having won since 1940.

The two teams met twice in the regular season, with Los Angeles winning one game and New York winning the other.

This should be a very defense minded series, as New York have one of the league's best goalies in Henrik Lundqvist and Los Angeles have one of the league's best goalies in Jonathan Quick. who won the Conn Smythe after leading Los Angeles to their first and only Stanley Cup ever in 2012.

Prediction: New York in six games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 9:34 pm

I had the Rangers before the playoffs started.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:15 pm

Is it just me or was the first game one of the sloppiest cup final games in a while? Sure the last minute of regulation was pretty exciting and an overtime goal to win it is always fun but yeesh it's the finals I'd like to see a well executed game by both teams.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:20 pm

2nd OT period of Game two.

I have Pearson/Zuccarello as my picks for the winner...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:25 pm

GO KINGS GO!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:26 pm

Great acting job by Henrik Lundqvist in first OT of game 2.
Must have learned those diving skills from Sidney Crosby and the Penguins.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:53 pm

2-0 Kings.

Disheartening for the Rangers. I think they deserved a split from the first two games in LA. They played real good. It was entertaining hockey. The Kings haven't had a lead for a single second in the final series. Nor did they have one in game 7 against Chicago. And they were down 2-0 in all three games.

Sutter is made of pure f*cking grit, and the Kings are winners through and through. Doesn't matter what you throw against them, never count them out. Down 3-0 in wins against the Sharks... down 2-0 in Chicago in game 7 against the unstoppable force that is the Blackhawks... down 2-0 both games so far in the finals. It'd be easy to do so, but never count the Kings out.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3167

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 9:15 am

I wanted New York to win - after the Bruins lost - but talk about - well - anger -
I HATE watching the playoffs - I get too worked up - and then one's hopes are dashed  !!
 The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions 706602 
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 9:22 am

Even though I'm Canadian, I forget there is such a thing called hockey.
Stopped caring about the NHL a long time ago.
The strikes they had made it even easier.
Still,
as a child, and only knowing the players and the action was fun.
Maybe just me, they all seemed to be cooler and  have more personality back then, like this guy - Rogie Vachon !
The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions 4760502615_2f9856bf71
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 6:43 pm

Interesting how the Kings have a 2-0 lead in the series, yet they have yet to have the lead in a game in the series (so far).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 7:10 pm

It's not about having a lead or deserving to win, it's about how you finish. The Kings are finding ways to win. The whole series for the Kings has been exciting and unreal entertaining. I am constantly on the edge of my seat. It's just great hockey.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Game 5 in LA, score 2-1 Rangers after two periods. Brian Boyle scores a heartbreaker in the last minute of the period to put the Rags ahead.

It's been a tight game so far. That goal might end up being the difference.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:53 am

Kings win it. Martinez with yet another big OT winner.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 1:14 am

It's good to be in LA
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 10:57 am

Good for the Kings. I'm amazed that hockey season lasts this long. Hell,in about 3 months training camp will be starting up again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals predictions
Page 1 of 1