Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth United Abominations review

Go down 
+24
Orion Crystal Ice
powermacho
Muloc7253
XYZ
DallasBlack
Jedilink
scottmitchell74
zombiewalkin
Hamer12
Todd Jaymz
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
kmorg
TheGooch
thejokeriv
SideShowDisaSter
INVADERS
Wargod
Smindas
ultmetal
mc666
fingers
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Megadeth United Abominations review Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 8:39 am

I just got the new album and its pretty good I've only listened to it once. I think Dave Mustaine and the rest of the band still have got the fire in the band and 500 times more than MetallicA does like I reckon their new album is going to be a dud just a few recycled riffs from their early stuff mixed with some riffs they did for St Anger. The only problem I have with UA is that some of the tracks sound like they mainly recorded for TSHF album anyway still early times for me to make an opinion. What do you all think of the album?

Last edited by on Wed May 23, 2007 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 8:52 am

it's ok. nothing more, nothing less. not worth all the hype it's getting, but not a bad album.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 9:18 am

I like it a lot.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 9:29 am

I think it's great. I'm really liking it due to its somewhat Youthanasia stylings.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 9:30 am

I think it's a good release much better than anything Craptallica has put out in years.

Wargod48

NP: DGM - Different Shapes
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 10:00 am

I think its there best release since 1990's rust in peace . . .
i'm seriously giving it alot of playing . . . . washington's next must be their catchiest song in well over a decade
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 12:22 pm

Got it yesterday, and I'm REALLY enjoying it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 3:23 pm

I wanted to pick it up - ran out to Target today to do some shopping, but it was sold out.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 7:31 pm

wow, you'd think Target would have a well stocked selection of metal. Laughing very hard

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 7:39 pm

mc666 wrote:
wow, you'd think Target would have a well stocked selection of metal. Laughing very hard

Target had a sale on Megadeth CDs. $11.98 I believe. I was actually in
Target yesterday and the Megadeth display had only a handful of copies
left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 8:22 pm

I love the new album. It's not a return to form, but it's still really good.

And I think the next Metallica album will be great if they just write naturally. They've apparently gone back to the way they wrote songs before St. Coffee Can. I know everyone likes to hate on Load/Reload, but I personally think those are killer albums. Maybe not appropriate releases under the "Metallica" name, but they're really good rock albums. And that was the band just being true to themselves. St. Anger was the opposite, at least musically.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 8:41 pm

Load and Reload were mediocre albums they basically had writers block and ripped off alot of riffs from other bands when they wrote the songs on the album. But there are also some hidden gems on those albums like I think the songs Outlaw Torn, King Nothing, Bleeding Me, Fixxxer and Devil's Dance are just as good as their old stuff. Also some of the demo versions of songs like Memory Remains and Low Man's Lyric sound better than the original
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 9:36 am

load and relaod are good albums but what were they doing being released by a band called metallica as well.

i am also going to be controversial and say i like st.anger as look as you look past the dire production (no excuse for it bob rock)

i am concerned that rick rubin will give their new album a too clean production like linkin parks new album (which sucks dont buy it) but apart from that i think it will be pretty good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 1:44 pm

fingers wrote:
Load and Reload were mediocre albums they basically had writers block and ripped off alot of riffs from other bands when they wrote the songs on the album. But there are also some hidden gems on those albums like I think the songs Outlaw Torn, King Nothing, Bleeding Me, Fixxxer and Devil's Dance are just as good as their old stuff. Also some of the demo versions of songs like Memory Remains and Low Man's Lyric sound better than the original
I don't hear anything that sounds like stolen riffs, except for maybe "Ronnie," which sounds like it could be an AC/DC riff. And I also don't think writer's block results in two albums worth of material.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 2:36 pm

How did this turn into a Metallica thread? scratch

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 2:39 pm

Thank Eyesore for that angry

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 1:09 am

I thought the new Megadeth was pretty awful. I wasn't expecting much, but somehow wound up disappointed.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 2:00 am

TheHellion wrote:
I thought the new Megadeth was pretty awful. I wasn't expecting much, but somehow wound up disappointed.
i wouldn't say "awful", but i somewhat agree with what you are saying.

fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 4:58 am

don't hear anything that sounds like stolen riffs, except for maybe "Ronnie," which sounds like it could be an AC/DC riff. And I also don't think writer's block results in two albums worth of material.

If you listen to the song bad seed they completely rip off the Kyuss song Big Bikes and I mean completely not slightly. Also Outlaw Torn sounds familiar to Sabbath Bloody Sabbath but still remains my favourite Metallica song from those albums.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 7:50 am

INVADERS wrote:
I think its there best release since 1990's rust in peace

I agree,even though I did enjoy Countdown and Youthanasia I think this one is a good return to their roots.So far its my favorite 07 release.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 10:36 am

so far my favourite 07 release would be machine heads new album but united abominations is second so far
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 10:49 am

I finally got the new Deth over the holiday weekend. I've only listened to it all the way through one time but so far me likee what me hear!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 4:49 pm

This is not a bad disc, but its not good either. They could have done a lot better on writing this!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 5:27 pm

I got this as soon as it came and lent to a friend before I could listen to it twice. The first thing that stood out to me was that even though the songs, for me, were ok/good at best (not saying I don't like it b/c I do) but the solos (for the most part) absolutely RIP!!
The last two songs really weren't grabbing me but I'm glad I heard them out b/c the solos are great (according to my memory!!)
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 7:13 pm

The new album is reacting big time at Metal radio, glad to see the peeps here who still have faith in the band! For those of you who don't, I also respect yor opinions!-TJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth United Abominations review   Megadeth United Abominations review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth United Abominations review
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next