Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth - Dystopia - Review

Go down 
+6
James B.
MetalGuy71
journeyman
the sentinel
chewie
Witchfinder
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7614

Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 6:06 pm

A new review is up at The Metal Blog of Metal for Megadeth - Dystopia.

http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/2016/02/evil-never-dies.html

Tldr version - I like it as much as Endgame and maybe a bit more.

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 6:13 pm

Reading now...
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 8:42 pm

Very good review, sir Witchfinder. I agree with the idea of some of the songs sounding like unreleased/ leftover tracks from Countdown and Youthanasia. Great to hear Dave back with the "piss and vinegar" vocals and fired up again. Yeah, what is Lee Ving up to these days anyway? Ha. Keep up the great work, brother.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 9:18 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Very good review, sir Witchfinder. I agree with the idea of some of the songs sounding like unreleased/ leftover tracks from Countdown and Youthanasia. Great to hear Dave back with the "piss and vinegar" vocals and fired up again. Yeah, what is Lee Ving up to these days anyway? Ha. Keep up the great work, brother.

Thank you sir!
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 10:36 pm

Good review. Dystopia has been moved up on the list. I missed the BB version, so I was just dragging my feet getting the regular version.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 11:00 am

Nice review (although I happen to like Super Collider Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  19976 ). I wasn't overly impressed upon the first listen, but it's grown on me with repeated spins.

Quote :
Lamb Of God’s Chris Adler (who’s a studio only member or something – he might tour too, whatever.)

It's my understanding that he's currently touring with Megadeth and will continue to do so until there is a conflict with LoG, then Tony Laureano, who played with NILE and DIMMU BORGIR will step in. I'm hoping Adler's behind the kit when I see them in a few weeks.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12645

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 11:41 am

Good review....don't agree with all you said, but that is always okay headbanger

The drumming is what I dig most on the album.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 1:58 pm

James B. wrote:
Good review....don't agree with all you said, but that is always okay headbanger

The drumming is what I dig most on the album.

Thanks for reading James!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 1:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Nice review (although I happen to like Super Collider Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  19976 ). I wasn't overly impressed upon the first listen, but it's grown on me with repeated spins.

Quote :
Lamb Of God’s Chris Adler (who’s a studio only member or something – he might tour too, whatever.)

It's my understanding that he's currently touring with Megadeth and will continue to do so until there is a conflict with LoG, then Tony Laureano, who played with NILE and DIMMU BORGIR will step in. I'm hoping Adler's behind the kit when I see them in a few weeks.

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 2:27 pm

"F*ck yo rocket!" Laughing very hard

Cool review man. I've been meaning to write this one up on my HubPage too, but the writing mood hasn't struck lately. Maybe now that I have the new Anthrax CD as well I can do a "head-to-head" compare/contrast thing between the two. I just need some free time/inspiration to get it all down.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 2:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"F*ck yo rocket!" Laughing very hard

Cool review man. I've been meaning to write this one up on my HubPage too, but the writing mood hasn't struck lately. Maybe now that I have the new Anthrax CD as well I can do a "head-to-head" compare/contrast thing between the two. I just need some free time/inspiration to get it all down.

Thanks! I actually have my Anthrax review finished and I just need to post it. Sadly, there's no model rocketry involvement with Anthrax. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 2:39 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Thanks!  I actually have my Anthrax review finished and I just need to post it.  Sadly, there's no model rocketry involvement with Anthrax. Smile

Judging from your comments in the Anthrax thread it sounds to me like you wanna put the new Anthrax in a model rocket and launch it. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 2:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Thanks!  I actually have my Anthrax review finished and I just need to post it.  Sadly, there's no model rocketry involvement with Anthrax. Smile

Judging from your comments in the Anthrax thread it sounds to me like you wanna put the new Anthrax in a model rocket and launch it. Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25944

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 5:13 pm

Nice review!!! Still need to pick this up at some point.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 7:16 pm

Nice review, great album!

I can confirm Adler is on tour with Megadeth right now as I saw them Friday night in Vegas. With Chris & Kiko, Megadeth sound the best they have since the RIP era band. Kiko is phenomenal live and Chris is a monster on drums - thousands of time better than Drover playing with Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 7:22 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Nice review, great album!

I can confirm Adler is on tour with Megadeth right now as I saw them Friday night in Vegas. With Chris & Kiko, Megadeth sound the best they have since the RIP era band. Kiko is phenomenal live and Chris is a monster on drums - thousands of time better than Drover playing with Megadeth.    

Thanks for reading!

Hopefully they'll come somewhere near me so I can see them.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 7:59 am

Witchfinder wrote:
A new review is up at The Metal Blog of Metal for Megadeth - Dystopia.

http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/2016/02/evil-never-dies.html

Tldr version - I like it as much as Endgame and maybe a bit more.  

Thanks for reading!

Was looking at your pictures of stuff for Dystopia and one of them looks like a VHS tape?????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth - Dystopia - Review    Megadeth - Dystopia - Review  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth - Dystopia - Review
Page 1 of 1