Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

United Abominations LP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

United Abominations LP Empty
PostSubject: United Abominations LP   United Abominations LP Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 7:59 am

I ordered it off Amazon, it should be pretty cool to own. The only other one i have is TWNAH and for some reason I can't find their early albums.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations LP   United Abominations LP Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 8:09 am

How much was it?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations LP   United Abominations LP Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 8:17 am

ultmetal wrote:
How much was it?

A little over 20 bucks

http://www.amazon.com/United-Abominations-Megadeth/dp/B000Q7ZJK8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_9/105-9425573-2310017?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1187353004&sr=8-9
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations LP   United Abominations LP Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 8:43 am

I see very little Megadeth vinyl around here. I did manage to get Killing is my business, Peace Sells... and the No More Mr. Nice guy single for about 5 bucks a piece but those are the only 3 I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations LP   United Abominations LP Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 10:33 am

Thats strange because in europe on any metal market you can find those 80s MEGADETH albums on vinyl easy and cheap.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations LP   United Abominations LP Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 10:46 am

I was at a flea market last weekend and there was a vendor selling a ton of vinyl. All genres, but I only looked through the metal. I'm not a collector and no longer have a working turntable, but I was curious to see what he had. I'm pretty sure I saw some older Megadeth in there, along with Priest, Killer Dwarfs, Def Leppard, etc.

He had alot of cd's too, but was charging $12-$15 for used cd's. Nothing particulary rare, but still too expensive for the flea market crowd. People want bargins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations LP   United Abominations LP Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 5:08 pm

hmm must be a regional thing. I see very little metal except a little bit of Priest, Scorpions and stuff from that era.

You gotta be kidding Metalguy, 12-15 for used cds? For that kind of price they should be extremely rare or at least brand new. There was a metal cd vendor at the flea market here and they had a hell of a hard time selling cds for $5 each and they really had some decent stuff. They ended up selling all their cds to one guy for an average of $3.50 each just so they didn't have to set up anymore.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations LP   United Abominations LP Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 6:54 pm

My guess is cassttee tapes were more dominate in the US by the 80s, i'm able to find 70s early 80s albums easy, but late 80s on vinyl is very hard to find for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations LP   United Abominations LP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 1:09 pm

firestar wrote:
hmm must be a regional thing. I see very little metal except a little bit of Priest, Scorpions and stuff from that era.

You gotta be kidding Metalguy, 12-15 for used cds? For that kind of price they should be extremely rare or at least brand new. There was a metal cd vendor at the flea market here and they had a hell of a hard time selling cds for $5 each and they really had some decent stuff. They ended up selling all their cds to one guy for an average of $3.50 each just so they didn't have to set up anymore.

Thats what I thought. For example, I was looking at some Accept cd's. I forget which ones in particular, but they were all priced at $11.99 each. And they were obviously used (no shrink-wrapping, worn cases). I think I heard the guy say that he had just closed up his shop, so he was selling off stuff. Maybe that was his 1st time there, I dunno. Next time I go, with any luck, he'll be reducing prices.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations LP   United Abominations LP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 4:23 pm

Could those prices have been wrong? Maybe just left over price tags?

Unless it is something pretty rare my top price for used cds at a flea market is about $5, of course there are somethings I am willing to pay more for here and there.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations LP   United Abominations LP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 7:17 pm

firestar wrote:
Could those prices have been wrong? Maybe just left over price tags?

Unless it is something pretty rare my top price for used cds at a flea market is about $5, of course there are somethings I am willing to pay more for here and there.

Nope. There was a $5 bin with a bunch of crap cd's, then a posted sign "All cd's $5 & Up. Priced as marked". I'm used to scavaging the racks for $2 or $3. Over $10 bucks for a used cd? Forget it!

There was other vendors there as well. I picked up Frank Zappa's double-cd Shut Up'n Play Yer Guitar for $7. I coulda got Joe's Garage as well (both together for $12), but stupid me passed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations LP   United Abominations LP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 9:45 pm

Well maybe that vendors prices will change when he doesn't sell anything.

Those are 2 good Zappa albums, i've learned not to pass on odd stuff if the price is fair enough because its not the kind of stuff you come across to much used.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations LP   United Abominations LP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

United Abominations LP
Page 1 of 1