Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Veni Domine - Tongues

Go down 
+4
SAHB Healer
Svengo
ultmetal
candlemass
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Veni Domine - Tongues Empty
PostSubject: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:36 pm

One of my favorite bands of all time, I consider their first five releases stellar, top shelf all the way. Haven't quite made up my mind on this one yet....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:11 pm

Never heard past the first 3, but I agree with you...stellar.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:31 pm

Love it. I really like the last couple Veni Domine albums. Sort of a dark vibe. I've reviewed them all on my site.

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:58 pm

This is one of those bands that I'd love to pick up all their releases but it'll probably take me a while due to how expensive most of their cds seem to be.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:07 am

I like this one as much as any of thiers. There are a couple of flat out Trad. metal classics (Rider on the White Horse, The Bell of 1000 Years), as well as some typical V.D. progressive epics. There also is a slight "modern" vibe here and there, just a touch, which didn't bother me at all. It's more accessible than their early classics, which although I love them, may have been just a bit overwrought at times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:27 am

Material Sanctuary = :hails:
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:20 am

The modern vibe started w/The Album of Labor, 23:59 had a bit of a goth feel to it. Those took some time to get aclimated to, but once I got over my expectations I saw them for what they were, great works of art! This one sound like a combonation of current and early VD, the songs haven't quite clicked w/me yet though.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:40 am

Meh, they are just copying Queensrÿche and Candlemass. Nothing original here. That stuff will only fly in the CCM.

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:54 am

kmorg wrote:
Meh, they are just copying Queensrÿche and Candlemass. Nothing original here. That stuff will only fly in the CCM.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:09 am

C'mon now, it's obvious they we're influenced by both those bands, as well as a few others, but they certainly have their own sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:31 am

I remember some marketing sticker called them "Epic Metal like Sanctuary and Queensryche" and I was like, they SO do not sound like Sanctuary!! LOL!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:04 pm

The only resemblance to Q is their singer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:18 pm

candlemass wrote:
The only resemblance to Q is their singer.

Yeah, I always thoguht of them as a blend of CANDLEMASS (epic/slower tempo) & QUEENSRYCHE (melodic/vocals)...love them.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:32 pm

The prog/power element may also remind some folks of Q, so much more going on in this band though.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:19 pm

I don't own anything but I have heard the 2 first albums some years ago, I remember they had a 21 minute song which was really good. Where can I get their music
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:07 am

powermacho wrote:
I don't own anything but I have heard the 2 first albums some years ago, I remember they had a 21 minute song which was really good. Where can I get their music

In Sweeden.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:24 pm

I have all of their material, and have been a fan since Material Sanctuary. I was just pulling your leg, cm.

See my website for further info Very Happy

powermacho: try Nordic Mission, Rad Rockers, Ultimatum's distro....

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:11 pm

kmorg wrote:
I have all of their material, and have been a fan since Material Sanctuary. I was just pulling your leg, cm.

No, really? I'm shocked! affraid
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:07 pm

I will try on radrcokers later thanks, Is the band active at the moment?
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:21 pm

I know Torb said they were going to take a break from recording after Tongues, not sure if they're playing out at all.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:14 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Laughing very hard
How did you make the dots appear on top the y when typing Queensryche? I've always wondered how people do that.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:19 pm

They belong to a secret society on the internet, ..com
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:37 pm

Uh, I just hit the ¨ button before I hit y?

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 7:29 pm

..y

Hmmm... didn't work for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:11 pm

7thSecond wrote:
..y

Hmmm... didn't work for me.

I don't know what crazy, outerspace keyboard Kmorg is using, but if you hold down the ALT key and type the numbers 148 on the numeric keypad, you get this symbol ö. Perfect for typing Motörhead. Or Mötley Crue. Or even Löwenbrau.

Google around. Holding down the ALT key while typing different number codes will give you all sorts of wacky symbols.

PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine - Tongues   Veni Domine - Tongues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Veni Domine - Tongues
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: