Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Veni Domine

Go down 
+5
kmorg
candlemass
GrandNational
Mglaffas81
ultmetal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:27 am

Anyone have the latest Veni Domine CD? It's titled "Tongues" and was release a couple months ago.

Veni Domine 176_07_17_2007_7_49_32_tongues

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:38 am

I am thinking about buying it, but they are not one of the highest of priority...I can snag it for 12 dollars at least...is it worth it ?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:45 am

I don't know. I haven't heard it yet myself. I am expecting a copy in the mail eventually. Their last album was good, but is not traditional heavy metal or progressive doom, like their first few albums. Very experimental but still very good.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 11:03 am

ultmetal wrote:
I don't know. I haven't heard it yet myself. I am expecting a copy in the mail eventually. Their last album was good, but is not traditional heavy metal or progressive doom, like their first few albums. Very experimental but still very good.

Yes, I read your review. I made me curious, but I somehow didn't bother buying it. I think I will snag it with the new one. Thanks, anyways
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 2:51 pm

Ult, I have it. It's heavy as usual. I liked the last album more for some reason. I just haven't given Tongues much of a spin to really know how I feel.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 4:41 pm

I'll pick it up eventually, one of my favorite bands! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:03 pm

I have it. It is pretty simlar to the last 2

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:04 pm

I'm interested in getting this. I don't have any of their albums, but they are a band I could see getting into in the future.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:08 pm

Haven't gotten it yet, although I have all of their other cd's.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:39 pm

I've got everything but this newest one. I'd like to pick it up eventually. The first three are definitely my favorites, though the last two weren't bad.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 6:58 pm

I love it. I think it's the heaviest and most accessible (least complex) thing they've ever done. VD traditionalists might not like some of the modernizing tech stuff (some downtuning, etc,) that they've done on this album; but I think it adds to the crunch of the thing. I expect this will turn out to be my favorite VD album yet, and that's saying a lot. The only thing I don't like is the tedious ending to the album (the title track). The song itself is ok, but it goes on and on and on. Luckily being the last track, you can just pull the disc at that point.
Back to top Go down

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 10:25 am

I remember hearing "Fall Babylon Fall" years ago. A friend of mine had it. I was very impressed.

Is their new stuff along these same lines?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 12:39 pm

blackieboy wrote:
I remember hearing "Fall Babylon Fall" years ago. A friend of mine had it. I was very impressed.

Is their new stuff along these same lines?

Yes and no. It's the same band alright, but the music is not as powerful any longer, in my opinion.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:02 pm

I disagree with Kmorg completely, but as I said, veteran fans might object to the approach being somewhat more modern on "Tounges". "23:59" was less powerful than the early stuff, yes...but "Tounges"...no.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:09 pm

The power metal tag doesn't fit anymore, but the prog/doom certainly does, they have retooled, but gracefully done and in good taste! 🤘
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 2:13 am

If said my two cents here, so I won't clog up the thread with a review, but I'll post one now in the review section of "Tounges" if anyone is interested.

p.s.-don't let Eyesore get wind of the fact that this thread is redundant (I started one several weeks ago). We don't want Ult to get kicked off his own board! lol!
Back to top Go down

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:02 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
If said my two cents here, so I won't clog up the thread with a review, but I'll post one now in the review section of "Tounges" if anyone is interested.

p.s.-don't let Eyesore get wind of the fact that this thread is redundant (I started one several weeks ago). We don't want Ult to get kicked off his own board! lol!

laughing
Back to top Go down

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:17 pm

I have just heard this band for the first time.

I got Fall Baylon Fall in a trade and cannot believe that I have lived without this band for so long. These guys are awesome. I have to get more of their stuff! Their style is such a cool mix of elements.
Back to top Go down

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:30 pm

their 4th album delayed very long due to a flood of the mighty thunderload studios of brothers walhquist. then they had to face a surgery in the vocal chords of the singer. bad luck. now they're back but the magic is lost...
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 3:20 pm

syrus wrote:
their 4th album delayed very long due to a flood of the mighty thunderload studios of brothers walhquist. then they had to face a surgery in the vocal chords of the singer. bad luck. now they're back but the magic is lost...

Seez who? I've enjoyed all of their LP's! 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 3:36 pm

candlemass wrote:
syrus wrote:

The magic is lost? Hardly! Their last two CDs have been incredible IMO.

ult

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 3:48 pm

I had Fall Babylon Fall from way back when it hit our shores till just recently when I sold it and I could never really get into it. Don't know why, I think it did too much plodding for me.

I've not heard any of their other stuff......
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 7:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
candlemass wrote:
syrus wrote:

The magic is lost? Hardly! Their last two CDs have been incredible IMO.

I agree. I would take their last three over their first three.

ult
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Veni Domine
Page 1 of 1