Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Veni Domine

Go down 
+8
ultmetal
DallasBlack
GrandNational
7thSecond
candlemass
Wargod
Shiney
SAHB Healer
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 7:27 pm

I only see passing mention of these guys here occasionally. I think they are absolute geniuses, a unique band. I think one of the reasons that they don't have more of an identity is that they are so hard to pin down. I've seen them described as Prog metal, Power metal, Doom, Goth, and Fates Warning type. I guess it just depends on the song. I finally got 23:59, and it's their most gothic I would say. Another good effort though, too bad about the inconsistent production (not unlistenable, but not up to current post 2000 standards). Also I don't like the abrupt endings (as on Dream Theatre Images & Words) even though I guess it's on purpose. But a great, unique band. Any fans?
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 7:51 pm

I have one of their cds and quite enjoy it...I think it's called 'Fall Babylon fall"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 7:53 pm

Not bad, not great, just ok!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 8:31 pm

Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod48

Once again, you are in error, this is a GREAT band indeed! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:37 pm

Yeah I really like this band a lot. I've got all of their stuff except for the brand new one. I like Spiritual Wasteland best followed by Material Sanctuary.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 11:29 pm

I like them a lot. Only missing their debut album in my collection which is hard toi find these days.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 11:32 pm

GrandNational wrote:
I like them a lot. Only missing their debut album in my collection which is hard toi find these days.

Wich is a fav among many! 🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 11:51 pm

I only have IIII: The Album of Labour and at first I wasn't too impressed but upon further listening I am starting to see why so many people like them. I think the problem was that I was expecting more of a power metal sound (based from previous descriptions). Now I see that they are a doomy prog band and I am interested in seeking out other albums.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:09 am

My feeling is that they require an investment in time, but well worth it. I read the reviews on Ult's & Kmorg's pages, and I laughed because I think they both used the words "catchy or hooky". Well they are, but only after getting a feel for the songs, which takes a few listens because of the complexity. On first listen Veni Domine is one of the least "catchy" bands I can think of. That's a compliment.
I'm missing the debut also. I've never heard it yet. Sad
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:27 am

Falling, Falling, is Babylon the great. Oh great city of Babylon...

Great band. I want to get their latest. No one seems to have it in stock that I usually order from.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:07 pm

I have all of their releases. They are a little hit and miss, and the new one is not as good as the last one. But the last one was way better than the one before that. And so it continues. I still prefer the Material sanctuary album. Imagine if Candlemass and Queensrÿche had a baby, and you might have pinned the sound theses guys are so good at.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 6:03 pm

They are not hit or miss, perhaps to you, I find all their material to be at least very good, above solid, and The Album of Labor by no means takes a back seat to 23:59.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 3:31 am

ultmetal wrote:
Falling, Falling, is Babylon the great. Oh great city of Babylon...

Great band. I want to get their latest. No one seems to have it in stock that I usually order from.

Radrockers is carrying it. That's where I picked mine up, along with the new Ultimatum Laughing
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 7:40 pm

I just ordered what appears to be a new release by them "Tounges". Unless it is a compilation or something. Can anybody fill us in?
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 9:56 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I just ordered what appears to be a new release by them "Tounges". Unless it is a compilation or something. Can anybody fill us in?
Tongues is the new one.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:28 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I read the reviews on Ult's & Kmorg's pages, and I laughed because I think they both used the words "catchy or hooky". Well they are, but only after getting a feel for the songs, which takes a few listens because of the complexity. On first listen Veni Domine is one of the least "catchy" bands I can think of.

I think that is why it took me a while to give it a second spin, the first impression was that they seemed a little off key at first. As I said, I was expecting more of a power metal sound.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 7:34 pm

"Tounges" 2007. Their heaviest and least complex effort yet. Awesome! Mucho guitar power.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 8:59 pm

VD is one of those bands who i really love the first 2 and then have not had much interest in since thrn. They got too atmospheric for my taste and lost me. I prefer the melody and power of FBF and MS...

Alex

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:33 am

No lack of power on Tounges, believe me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:11 am

I have Fall Babylon Fall, which is decent enough, but it's never encouraged me enough to go find more of their stuff. Sure, I'd probably pick it up if I saw it sitting in a used bin for cheap, but that's pretty unlikely.
Back to top Go down

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:25 pm

i love their first 3 cds....unfortunately after that they had many problems such as the flood of their studio (the mighty thunderload one) and problems with fredrick's throat which cause serious delay to their 4rth one....everyone who loves their first 3 cds must check for sure zoic with veni domine and candlemass members...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 4:33 pm

I have Fall Babylon Fall. But to be honest, I haven't played in quite some time. I'll have to get it out and give it a spin.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:04 pm

candlemass wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod48

Once again, you are in error, this is a GREAT band indeed! 🤘

I think not!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Veni Domine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veni Domine   Veni Domine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down