Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted

Go down 
+14
Rex
James B.
Schbopo
rattpoison
Shiney
tohostudios
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
candlemass
kmorg
kethdredd
sam
Cliffy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:48 am

candlemass wrote:
Look, I think it is done well, but I also believe it to be a parody band. Like I said, this will only fly in the CCM universe, because it's all justified under the ruse of "ministry."

Not really. Look at AIRBOURNE. They are getting major airplay world wide with an obvious and blatant AC/DC influence. Then there are bands like Rhino Bucket, Broken Teeth, etc. etc. It's a sound that people dig, not unlike thrash metal. I can name 20 bands that have a huge Metallica influence, some to the point that many would call them "parody".

Like I said above, it's rock and roll. It doesn't have to be anything other than what the artist wants it to be. If they want to create a sound that is similar to AC/DC or The Doors or friggin' Oingo Boingo, go for it. No one is forcing anyone to listen to it. In this case, no one is denying the influence, including the artist.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:50 am

candlemass wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Oh BTW, anyone heard The Tea Party? MAJOR The Doors influence on some of their stuff. I have several of their CDs. I can't remember which one right now, but this description reminded me of that CD..."Jim Morrison comes back from the dead as a devout Buddist."

Great description! The Tea Party albums "Splendor Solis" and "Transmission" do sound like The Doors with a Middle Eastern vibe.

I'll have to look into this. Having another band's vibe is one thing, copy-catting their sound is quite another.

Oh no. Wait till you hear it. It's more than just a slight influence. The vocalist has an uncanny resemblance to Jim Morrison. I think they were purposely going for that sound on a couple of their albums.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:55 am

candlemass wrote:
Look, I think it is done well, but I also believe it to be a parody band. Like I said, this will only fly in the CCM universe, because it's all justified under the ruse of "ministry."

How much you wanna bet this "flies" beyond the CCM Universe? And how much you wanna bet this doesn't even fly that well IN the CCM Universe?

CCM Universe tends to like stuff that speaks their language and I've never been in a band that speaks that language.

Dude...look...perhaps you have a hard time with what words mean, but when you call my band a parody band you are saying one of two things:

1. We are copying AC/DC for satirical reasons (which we are not)
2. We imitate AC/DC so poorly that we are a travesty (that's the mean and nasty part I was referring to in previous posts).

later...Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:10 am

I don't know what you're so fussed about, candlemass...Rock N Roll is Rock N Roll...it sounds the way it sounds...it all came from Chuck Berry anyway. Your attempt to "call them out" as copycats or whatever is making you look petty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:12 am

Cliffy wrote:

Dude...look...perhaps you have a hard time with what words mean, but when you call my band a parody band you are saying one of two things:

1. We are copying AC/DC for satirical reasons (which we are not)
2. We imitate AC/DC so poorly that we are a travesty (that's the mean and nasty part I was referring to in previous posts).

later...Cliffy

Exactly! As I was reading through this thread I kept asking myself if Candlemass knows what the definition of "parody" is? So here it is:

Parody: a literary or musical work in which the style of an author or work is closely imitated for comic effect or in ridicule
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:02 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I don't know what you're so fussed about, candlemass...Rock N Roll is Rock N Roll...it sounds the way it sounds...it all came from Chuck Berry anyway. Your attempt to "call them out" as copycats or whatever is making you look petty.

Shawn...would you like a digital copy emailed to you for possible review? Let me know... cliffenstein@gmail.com

later...Cliffy

Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:29 am

I like it. Yay me! happy
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:49 am

All meanings of words evolve, or have multiple meanings, especially in our culture. I defined what I meant by parody when I said your imitation of AC/DC was done well. You obviously chose to overlook that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:58 am

ultmetal wrote:

Oh no. Wait till you hear it. It's more than just a slight influence. The vocalist has an uncanny resemblance to Jim Morrison. I think they were purposely going for that sound on a couple of their albums.

Just saw a vid on youtube, holy smurf poo, the guy look just like Val Kilmer from The Doors movie! affraid Musically they sound much more modern, and have a heavy eastern influence. Don't hear any blues, psychedelic or jazz though.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:08 pm

candlemass wrote:
All meanings of words evolve, or have multiple meanings, especially in our culture. I defined what I meant by parody when I said your imitation of AC/DC was done well. You obviously chose to overlook that.

Yeah, man...and you suck, but words evolve, so...you know...I don't mean that in a homosexual way...nor do I mean it in a "you're lame" kinda way.

I just mean you like lemonheads...the candy.

I'm just sayin'...you know.

later...Cliffy

candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:44 pm

Yea I know exactly what your sayin' Cliffy.......and you suck too! insane
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:45 pm

candlemass wrote:
Yea I know exactly what your sayin' Cliffy.......and you suck too! insane

Dude...the Supersuckers rock! I think we'll imitate them next time...woohoo!

later...Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:53 pm

Ignore candle, he's upset the voice of Jim doesn't speak to him anymore.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:20 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Ignore candle, he's upset the voice of Jim doesn't speak to him anymore.

Weren't you destroyed by a woman and a couple of Hobbits?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:35 pm

Wow, this thread got ugly since the last time I checked in... yikes.

Cliffy, I review stuff for an e-zine (see my "Fat Freddy Review Column" in the "Hurting Words" forum for some samples), if ya wanna shoot me a digital copy to review I'd be down with hearing the rest of this... the stuff on the MySpace sounds great to me...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Cliffy, I review stuff for an e-zine (see my "Fat Freddy Review Column" in the "Hurting Words" forum for some samples), if ya wanna shoot me a digital copy to review I'd be down with hearing the rest of this... the stuff on the MySpace sounds great to me...

Hit me up with your email

cliffenstein@gmail.com

I'll do it right now.

later...Cliffy

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Jim Morrison is probably Bon Scott's b!tch right now. Razz

But seriously Cliffy, the songs sound great. Might have to buy it.

HEY HEY HEY Now show some respect to two long gone Rock Gods!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:56 pm

Cliffy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Hit me up with your email

cliffenstein@gmail.com

I'll do it right now.

later...Cliffy

Just sent you a PM, Cliffy. Thanx in advance. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:59 pm

Cliffy, I am huge AC/DC fan and a HUGE Doors fan, and I like what I heard, I don't think it is a rip off of AC/DC, sure the styles are similar but so what, you said as much in your description, that it was very influenced by AC/DC in particular the Bon Scott era. It is not like you are hiding your influences (musically) and I think it is sounds great, I donot hear as a parody and certainly donot think being influenced by any artist is a rip off.

Anyone who says that they are totally original is someone who forgot to wipe their ass.

BTW I am huge Jim Morrison fan, no more snide comments on the Lizard King, reserve those snide remarks to those who play Jim Morrison in tribute bands that will never set the night on fire. Smile
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:34 pm

Oh we've set the night on fire more than a few times! MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 875605 Twisted Evil

For the record, I was just havin' some fun, at the same time got this thread up to four pages. Now how 'bout a free CD for my son? I'm sure he'd love you guys! crazy happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:54 am

Hey Cliffy,
I listened to the entire CD at maximum volume in my Mustang yesterday. Sounded great to me. I know I recognize one of those songs. We Are the Ready Ones is re-recorded from the first album, correct?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:58 am

At max volume? How do you even tell what's going on that loud? (Boy, I sound like an old fudy dudy) MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 251456
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:58 am

OK, not MAX volume, but rather, very loud!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:19 am

ultmetal wrote:
Hey Cliffy,
I listened to the entire CD at maximum volume in my Mustang yesterday. Sounded great to me. I know I recognize one of those songs. We Are the Ready Ones is re-recorded from the first album, correct?

Yes...we redid two tracks from the first album...there are 10 brand new numbers on there as well, so we didn't shortchange anyone. We Are The Ready Ones (track 11) and Throwin' Bones To The Wolves (track 2) are the ones we redid.

There are three songs from the record where the drums were recorded in a different studio [tracks 3, 6 and 8]...the cymbal crashes are louder on those numbers (the basic drum tones are the same, but the cymbal crashes are different tonally...they're also louder on those three tracks). It's been buggin' me a bunch. I fixed the issue as much as is possible from a mastering standpoint last night (nothing else is different...just the frequency from those cymbal hits has been lowered...same guitar tone, same amount of bottom end, same vocal placement...everything is the same except the cymbal crashes on those tracks are a bit better sounding now...closer to the rest of the tracks). I'm gonna send you those three tracks to replace the ones you've got. So look for that in the next hour or two.

Glad you're diggin' it, man.

later...Cliffy

Last edited by Cliffy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:05 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:37 am

OK, this stops now. If people wanna comment on the new tracks, fine. But the bickering back an forth (read: what candlemass is doing) stops now! Comprende?

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next