Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted

Go down 
+14
Rex
James B.
Schbopo
rattpoison
Shiney
tohostudios
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
candlemass
kmorg
kethdredd
sam
Cliffy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:31 pm

Ok I see, this thread is only for praise and adoration of Cliffy and his band, carry on.

I garuntee you if I did the same, writting my "own material" using The Doors sound.....I'd get raped! :glee:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:35 pm

This sounds great to me!! I'm a sucker for Bon Scott-era AC/DC and this is the closest thing I've heard to that sound since the first two Rhino Bucket albums.

Get over it Candlemass. You think it's a ripoff. We get it.

MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 692390:

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:44 pm

I'm gonna say it and I don't care, but once again Candlemass crawls out of the woodwork...a$$hole crown a blazing. very few folks irk me here to the point where I'll say something, but tghis cat always does.

Cliffy, it sounds f***in awesome...sounds like ac/Dc, BFD...There is NOTHING new under the sun anymore.

Ignore Candymask...

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:45 pm

candlemass wrote:
Ok I see, this thread is only for praise and adoration of Cliffy and his band, carry on.

I garuntee you if I did the same, writting my "own material" using The Doors sound.....I'd get raped! :glee:

Wrong again, sir...the 2nd poster in this thread, sam, stated that he liked the music, but not the vocal and that was a perfectly fine thing to say.

Here's where you go wrong...you're mean, nasty and smarmy and you have no reason to be so. You seem to expect fellow posters to rally behind your "criticisms" while refusing to give deference to the very clear and detailed responses I've posted in regards to what we are doing with this album.

If you knew even the slightest bit about my work throughout the 90's and into the 2000's you'd understand why I do what I do. If you knew how to write music yourself you'd clearly understand that ripping off AC/DC we do not do.

But hey...I say take this further and contact the boys in AC/DC...tell 'em to sue us for copyright infringement!

later...Cliffy

Last edited by Cliffy on Mon May 25, 2009 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:53 pm

Then they'd have to sue:

AIRBORNE
RHINOBUCKET
BROKEN TEETH
AB/CD
STAMPEDE QUEEN

and about 50 others before they even got to Cliffy and crew.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 5:16 pm

Cliffy, better hope Candyass never finds out about The Huntingtons. I can hear it now.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 5:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Cliffy, better hope Candyass never finds out about The Huntingtons. I can hear it now.

haha...my thoughts exactly, except that I wouldn't derog his handle that way.

later...Cliffy

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Yeah, I normally wouldn't either but I'm in a lousy mood today. \'arry \'eadbanger

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:12 pm

Keep up the good work Cliffy!

This sound is right up my alley and I'll be buying the new CD as soon as it's available.

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:40 pm

Its Rock N Roll, not rocket science...
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:50 pm

It is quite a sweet album...maybe I'll get to catch them live this time...they played last fall near me...on my wedding Anniversary...and I couldn't go...(or there would have been no mud for the turtle for along long time I fear Laughing )

Still great stuff, Cliffy!!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:54 pm

Thanks, Shiney and Shawn...exactly!

later...Cliffy

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:57 pm

I was just listening to the MySpace tracks again. I swear, this sounds just like something the 70s era AC/DC would have produced (minus the double entendres of course). Great stuff! I, for one, like this change in musical direction.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:59 pm

Hey Cliffy,

Is there any way to get an autographed copy of the new CD?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:26 pm

Hey Cliffy, if you knew how to write music, you'd write your own! lol!

I don't think it sounds bad, on the contrary, I think it's quite good, but hardly original.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Shiney wrote:
I'm gonna say it and I don't care, but once again Candlemass crawls out of the woodwork...a$$hole crown a blazing. very few folks irk me here to the point where I'll say something, but tghis cat always does.

This is great, my goal here is acomplished.......good day! MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 647664
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:32 pm

candlemass wrote:
Hey Cliffy, if you knew how to write music, you'd write your own! lol!

I don't think it sounds bad, on the contrary, I think it's quite good, but hardly original.

I'm not now, nor have I ever been, interested in original.

Everything good in rock-n-roll has already been done.

I just care about rockin' and writing good hooks to go along with the rockin'.

I do what I do.

Continue doing what you do.

later...Cliffy

rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:40 pm

Cliffy wrote:
.....and still another (also not posted) sounds like Bon Scott singin' for The Cramps.

Interest officially piqued......where can i hear it?
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:41 pm

Look, if I really liked AC/DC, I'd probably buy it, it sounds good, but it is what it is. Much like New Jerusalem, they were not influenced by AC/DC and Led Zeppelin, they sounded exactly like them! Your band sounds exactly like AC/DC, Living Sacrifice's first lp sounds exactly like Slayer, they even refer to it as their "Slayer" lp. I don't think I was being mean and nasty, don't reacall calling you stupid or saying your band sucks, but it's a parody band. I would say there is very little new under the sun, nothing is a bit misleading. I don't expect bands to re-invent the wheel, and there's nothing wrong w/wearing your influences on your sleeve, I just expect bands to inject a little of themselves into their music.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:49 pm

candlemass wrote:
Look, if I really liked AC/DC, I'd probably buy it, it sounds good, but it is what it is. Much like New Jerusalem, they were not influenced by AC/DC and Led Zeppelin, they sounded exactly like them! Your band sounds exactly like AC/DC, Living Sacrifice's first lp sounds exactly like Slayer, they even refer to it as their "Slayer" lp. I don't think I was being mean and nasty, don't reacall calling you stupid or saying your band sucks, but it's a parody band. I would say there is very little new under the sun, nothing is a bit misleading. I don't expect bands to re-invent the wheel, and there's nothing wrong w/wearing your influences on your sleeve, I just expect bands to inject a little of themselves into their music.

AC/DC ripped off Nazareth anyway. Get over it.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:49 pm

candlemass wrote:
Look, if I really liked AC/DC, I'd probably buy it, it sounds good, but it is what it is. Much like New Jerusalem, they were not influenced by AC/DC and Led Zeppelin, they sounded exactly like them! Your band sounds exactly like AC/DC, Living Sacrifice's first lp sounds exactly like Slayer, they even refer to it as their "Slayer" lp. I don't think I was being mean and nasty, don't reacall calling you stupid or saying your band sucks, but it's a parody band. I would sat there is very little new under the sun, nothing is a bit misleading. I don't expect bands to re-invent the wheel, and there's nothing wrong w/wearing your influences on your sleeve, I just expect bands to inject a little of themselves into their music.

Worldshaker sounds exactly like 70's period AC/DC with elements of Joan Jett's boom years and sprinkles of Hanoi Rocks/Cinderella and The Cramps.

This is me...me is TOTALLY injected into this album.

Do you complain like this about Rhino Bucket? Because if you don't then you need to.

When you continue to refer to my band as a parody band...dude, that is being mean and nasty.

How 'bout this...see how good you are at writing and recording an album that sounds like Jim Morrison resurrected, wrote a bunch of new songs and got the Doors back together...see how well you do. On top of all that, our angle was that Bon Scott got saved...so we had the daunting task of writing lyrics that sounded as if Bon would've actually written them after getting saved.

Still, man...there's a bottom line here...you don't like what we're doing and that is perfectly fine. I just don't understand what all this going on and on about it does for you.

later...Cliffy

Last edited by Cliffy on Mon May 25, 2009 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:55 pm

Schbopo wrote:
candlemass wrote:

AC/DC ripped off Nazareth anyway. Get over it.

Nah it was the Aztecs and the Coloured Balls!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:06 pm

Recording "new Doors" material would be a bit more of a challange, hope your not putting AC/DC in the same league as The Doors! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:10 pm

Cliffy wrote:

When you continue to refer to my band as a parody band...dude, that is being mean and nasty.
On top of all that, our angle was that Bon Scott got saved...so we had the daunting task of writing lyrics that sounded as if Bon would've actually written them after getting saved.

That is the very definition of a parody band!
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:12 pm

candlemass wrote:
Recording "new Doors" material would be a bit more of a challange, hope your not putting AC/DC in the same league as The Doors! Laughing very hard

Yeah, man...whatever...AC/DC sucks.

okay

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted   MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAIN LINE RIDERS - 4 tracks from Worldshaker posted
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next