Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Five Finger Death Punch

Go down 
+17
DeathCult
Hamer12
powermacho
XYZ
MetalFRO
nevermore
MetalRob331
7thSaviour
metalhead777
Troublezone
Lurideath
mc666
sheets
MetalGuy71
sam
tohostudios
ultmetal
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Five Finger Death Punch - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:35 pm

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from Toho.

A lot of people feel that way.

Personally, I've always liked the growling vocals in music. From thrash - to death - to black metal.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:47 pm

I actually like Shadows Fall and was really into 'The War Within', I think Shadows Fall have a great combo of classic thrash metal roots combined with a modern metal sound.

But Five Finger Death Punch IMHO are horrid, cancer to the ears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:58 pm

I'm not hearing the Shadows Fall connection. SF has solos and and not just the chugs like FFDP is doing.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:59 pm

FFDP is a little more 'groove' metal oriented. This is true.

I like em. To each his own ...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:14 am

tohostudios wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Well, anyone who is not into modern thrash stuff like Shadows Fall wouldn't like this.

For those who are though ... need to check these guys out.

A valid point.

I generally hate thrash vocals and that's what I hear here. A bunch of "Wooooaaarrrrgh" vocals which I hate. Different from deathmetal but still sounds more or less the same to me.

The band sounds like they have talent but the vox just kill it for me.

iVAN can sing his ass off Toho. The man has some amazing lungs and is really versatile IMO. He can sing them slow and hard and very melodic. One of the better sings in the hard rock/metal genre...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:48 pm

It's nice to see that at least someone else here likes this band.

I'm very surprised at all the hate I see towards these guys.

It's not like they are nu metal or anything. Heck, they're not even metalcore.

They are currently touring with Shadows Fall, and for good cause. Some of the reviews I'm reading are saying that FFDP is stealing the show at times!

Anyway ... I think I am gonna pick up their new album. It's one of the better new albums to come out lately.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:40 am

Well I bought their first album to see if it measures to their live show. It doesn't. They are so much more intense live, and The Way of The Fist seems so.... lifeless! Their vocalist sounded so pumped and full of charisma at the show and here on the CD its like.... okay I guess its time to put down vocals....

I'll see if it grows on me though, i've had albums do that.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:41 pm

I don't have any of their albums yet, but I was pretty impressed with them when I saw them live.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:05 am

WOW! I can't believe this post still is here. Five Finger Death Punch - Page 3 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:19 pm

That song that was recently posted reminds me of an attempt to mix Hatebreed / Machine Head with some death metal elements.

It's O.K. , I'd rather finish my Hatebreed discography than buy that album (not saying that it's bad, I just prefer Hatebreed).
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:22 pm

I saw the new Five Finger Death Punch in Best Buy yesterday.

I almost picked it up ... but somehow decided against it. Maybe some other time.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:23 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I saw the new Five Finger Death Punch in Best Buy yesterday.

I almost picked it up ... but somehow decided against it. Maybe some other time.

I fear I'm going to be doing that myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Five Finger Death Punch
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3