Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Five Finger Death Punch

Go down 
+6
MetalRob331
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
mc666
Wargod
INVADERS
10 posters
AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Five Finger Death Punch Empty
PostSubject: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 8:12 pm

What do you guys think of this band?

Riffs and vocals are cool, but choruses are kinda metalcore - emoish. . .

what are your opinions of this band...
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 8:26 pm

Saw a video of their's on HBB thought it was ok haven't heard the cd!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 9:29 pm

haven't heard them yet, but have read alot about them.

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 10:15 pm

Got this the other day to review. I frickin' love it! It's got a mix of metal, hardcore and nu-metal. The melodies, to me, are awesome! I don't buy into the lame tag of them being "emoish" as clean vocals is not indicative of something being emo. To me, this band is like a heavier, more metal/hardcore version of "Flaw" (a favorite of mine) and Mower.

For comparison:

FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH - THE BLEEDING (the slow song on the album)
FLAW - WHOLE
MOWER - ROAD RAGE
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 9:57 am

The single that I heard (don't recall the name) on sattelite radio was ok, and while I didn't change the station, it didn't make me want to hear any more. I was interested because of guitarist Darrel Robert's connection to WASP, but this isn't really WASP-like metal.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 11:01 am

INVADERS wrote:
What do you guys think of this band?

Riffs and vocals are cool, but choruses are kinda metalcore - emoish. . .

what are your opinions of this band...

The band name, and your description, along with some of the comments from others, scream to me to stay away from this band.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 12:33 pm

incredible cd in my eyes one of my fav discs of 2007

Just listen to death before dishonor and tell me that wont have u headbanging that song just sounds so much like Pro-Pain thats y i love it.

Cd has tremendous choruses and tons of melody.. I think the production is sometimes weak especially on the leads. Funny i was goin to do a post about these guys..

No Emo or metalcore here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 12:44 pm

I don't think they sound anything like Pro-Pain. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:22 pm

AchrisK wrote:

The band name, and your description, along with some of the comments from others, scream to me to stay away from this band.

Ditto. I've already heard one crappy band with a former W.A.S.P. member in it this year (Temple of Brutality), that was plenty for me, thanks.
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:24 pm

My only exposure to this band was a video on headbangers ball a couple of months ago. I watched it the first time, now, whenever I see it I'm reaching for the fast forward button. Not my cup of tea whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 4:40 pm

that video is from probably the worst song on the cd yea it might be the most radio friendly as well..

O and death b4 dishonor when the singing starts coming in def has a pro-pain feel to it bigtime
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:40 pm

Never heard 'em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 10:48 pm

http://www.myspace.com/5fdp

Giving this thread a bump. I'm listening to the album now. I swear, this album is just killer! It's one of those album that simply gets the blood pumping. Yeah, the lyrical content is of the typical aggro style, but if wanted to beat the crap out of someone, this is the kind of album you play before that. Haha.

I doubt a lot of you guys will dig this, but it is really an awesome record. Take it to the gym and work out to it.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 3:33 am

I love this cd and it was one of my favorites from last year. Awesome hooks and all the songs get the blood flowing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 7:55 am

Despite a few tasty licks and some mostly solid vocal work this band comes off as a little generic. I saw these guys a few months ago and the only word that comes to mind is weak. Although I do see why people would like them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:56 pm

They are generic. But in the case of this band, that's fine. You know what they are right from the first 30 seconds. Generic doesn't mean bad.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 3:36 pm

Eye did you hear that unreleased song they were putting out a little bit ago?
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 3:40 pm

I don't know why I don't own any of this band's material, or why I've only just heard their music now, cos this is RIGHT up my alley! Need to buy some stuff.

Argh, so much music, so little time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 4:29 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eye did you hear that unreleased song they were putting out a little bit ago?
I actually listened to it last night. It's on their MySpace page. It's a good song, has more melodic singing on it than the songs on the album.

They released an iTunes exclusive EP, too, at some point. Been trying to find that. I still refuse to install iTunes.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 6:00 pm

I wont install itunes either. Yes i seen it on there myspace i wonder if this is the direction they might go on a future release. As long as Ivan is singing i will enjoy it..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 6:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
They are generic. But in the case of this band, that's fine. You know what they are right from the first 30 seconds. Generic doesn't mean bad.

I agree I do enjoy some generic bands, however in this case its not doing it for me.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 3:38 am

I don't think that generic is the right word to use here. To me, generic means that it's similiar to other bands of the style just not as interesting, more boring etc. I wouldn't say this band is in any way boring.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 6:16 am

Yes this band is def not boring, it pumps me up...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 7:37 am

Unfortunately I am familiar with plenty of bands like this and this one in particular makes me wanna sleep. But obviously thats just a few who feel like that. If it was completely truw they wouldnt be as big as they are now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Five Finger Death Punch
Page 1 of 1