Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Five Finger Death Punch

Go down 
+12
tohostudios
A Handful of Wayne
Dark Horseman
James B.
Wurthless
allthingsmetal
Wargod
MetalRob331
Shawn Of Fire
Chairman_Smith
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Five Finger Death Punch Empty
PostSubject: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:31 pm

Any fans?

I figure a lot of you dig bands like Stone Sour, so a few of you must like Five Finger Death Punch. I think they're pretty awesome. Aggro metal, or whatever you want to call it, but catchy as hell.

Looks like they're doing the same thing Stone Sour did with their upcoming album, releasing it in two parts about six months apart. I'm assuming this helps with sales by keeping the cost down and less people downloading it because a double album is too pricey.

Either way, here's the first single (a stream rip, from the sounds of it) from the first of the two new albums, which features Rob Halford.

In case it's not immediately obvious, because his tone is heavier, Halford does the second verse. Really kick-ass tune!

Oddly, they sound a lot like a band from Maine called Dead Season, who've been around a lot longer.

Love these guys as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:46 pm

I could never get past their faux-tough guy image. ONE Phil Anselmo is more than enough. 5 of them is overkill.

The song with Halford is ok enough. Maybe as an angry young man myself back in the day I'd like these guys, but it's not my thing anymore. Let Revolver Magazine swing from their nuts. I'm sure they'll be up for next year's Golden Gods "Most Awesomest Heavy Metal Band Ever In All Existance" Award.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:49 pm

I liked them live. Occasionally I pull out their first album to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:55 pm

My wife likes their song "I Remember Everything", but I can't say I'm much of a fan at all.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Love these guys.. I don't care about lyrics, it's MUSIC!!! So if he wants to write about kicking peoples ass thats on him, it won't stop me from listening to some killer melodies, solos, and riffs. This band is very good at what they do and Ivan Moody has a killer voice.

My fav track from these guys....
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:00 pm

Not my thing!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:03 pm

I agree with "metalrob"--the lyrics are goofy but they do make great music (nice drumming, good riffs/solos, lots of hooks) and the singer is excellent at what he does.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:41 pm

Meh, the only thing I really don't like is the vocals. I can handle stupid lyrics, this band just doesn't do anything for me.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:51 pm

That tune Ken posted (with Halford) sounds like a Nickleback tune with crunchier guitar and a bit more aggressive drumming. If it came on the radio, wouldn't change the station. Though it isn't something I'd be interested in purchasing.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:50 pm

James B. wrote:
That tune Ken posted (with Halford) sounds like a Nickleback tune with crunchier guitar and a bit more aggressive drumming.
So...nothing like Nickelback. Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:26 pm

I can listen to a song on the radio but not sure i'd get through a whole album. Maybe if they ever do a greatest hits.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:15 am

Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:
That tune Ken posted (with Halford) sounds like a Nickleback tune with crunchier guitar and a bit more aggressive drumming.
So...nothing like Nickelback. Gotcha.

The vocal melody in the verses has a Nickleback vibe all over it. Lots of modern music does. So what. That is why it sells (at least the way things sell nowadays anyway) Something can sound like something else and not be
verbatim across the board. I stand by my comment that it sounds Nicklebackish in some aspect, but it sure doesn't mean I say it is a Nickleback clone or anything.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:13 am

Here they are with Rob performing the new song live at the recent Golden Gods awards show. The lead guy curses allot in the begining to show us how tough he is, so be warned...

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:18 am

ohhhhhh, he is tough. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:01 pm

I call this band by another name but I can't post it here hahaha

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Here they are with Rob performing the new song live at the recent Golden Gods awards show. The lead guy curses allot in the begining to show us how tough he is, so be warned...

That gets a big Sleep from me. But did I miss something? Why does Halford come out with a cane? Is it just an affectation or does he really need it?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:33 pm

I couldn't even make it thru the whole track, Halford or no Halford. Not my thang.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That gets a big Sleep from me. But did I miss something? Why does Halford come out with a cane? Is it just an affectation or does he really need it?

He needs it. Recent nerve damage that's supposed to be corrected soon. Been using a wheelchair too.

Otherwise, I get a kick out of FFDP's music but lyrically it's too much straight-forward, obvious, and pretentious h8ing.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:20 pm

I love how perception shades everything. I've never heard anyone here say that Pro-Pain's tough-guy lyrics are a turn-off. Wink
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:24 am

corplhicks wrote:
He needs it. Recent nerve damage that's supposed to be corrected soon. Been using a wheelchair too.

I was wondering about that. He's been using a can now for a few years...it just gets worse and worse. I first noticed it around the release of Nostradamus. He would sit in a chair for entire songs, lean on a staff in his hooded robe and stay in one spot for an entire song, etc. Then I noticed him hobbling on the "Metal Evolution" doc on VH1. Then when I saw him w/ Metallica, it was obvious there was a physical issue going on. He's definitely having a hard time.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:51 pm

Quote :
I love how perception shades everything. I've never heard anyone here say that Pro-Pain's tough-guy lyrics are a turn-off.

But we do laugh at Pantera's tough guy lyrics. We're pretty equal opportunity mockers.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:49 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :
I love how perception shades everything. I've never heard anyone here say that Pro-Pain's tough-guy lyrics are a turn-off.

But we do laugh at Pantera's tough guy lyrics. We're pretty equal opportunity mockers.

For some reason though Pantera has always sounded authentically, sincerely angry to me lol.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:59 pm

Many people are tough guys, though.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I love how perception shades everything. I've never heard anyone here say that Pro-Pain's tough-guy lyrics are a turn-off. Wink

This!! Just another band ppl seem to hate on bcuz of image or the tough guy persona? I dont look at it as a tough guy persona, I look at it as a way to express emotions you are going through. You can say the F bomb all track long but if it has a melody that sticks. I'll listen to it...
Back to top Go down
vgmaster9
Metal novice
Metal novice
vgmaster9

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 8:23 pm

I really dig their music, even though their lyrics can be real clichéd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five Finger Death Punch   Five Finger Death Punch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Five Finger Death Punch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next