Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Led Zeppelin Discography

Go down 
+22
Svengo
Troublezone
sam
SAHB Healer
scottmitchell74
journeyman
kmorg
sheets
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
rattpoison
DeathCult
EvyMetal
candlemass
James B.
stepcousin
Lari
Schbopo
iamrockerfun
manny
XYZ
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:48 pm

Led Zeppelin - Mothership
Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 55463000led_zeppelin__mothership_advance_2007

And finally:

In 2007, the remaining members of Led Zeppelin decided to perform live for the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert, honoring the death of the old Atlantic Records executive. To mark the event, Plant, Page, and Jones released Mothership, a greatest hit package put together by the band.

The album has two discs (or 4 LP's) and are split between the Fourth Album and Houses Of The Holy. There are really no surprises on the disc, as every song on the album has always received major radio airplay. Can't really say much more about the album since the music has been reviewed.

Overall, it's a great representation of one of the greatest early heavy metal bands ever.

My rating:

10/10

Boy, this was fun reviewing all these great albums. I think I'll review Van Halen next; however, I think detuned has a Black Sabbath thread to get through. Hurry up, bro! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:53 pm

Patience grasshopper. Black Sabbath forthcoming later today or early tomorrow.

By the way, EXCELLENT job on this thread buddy!!! Top notch!

Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 505193
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Excellent job XYZ , nice amount of research and well written. I enjoyed reading your take on each album and everyone else's opinions.

Like detuned stated top notch. 🤘
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:14 pm

Thanks guys Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 604261
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:36 pm

I've got a copy of How the West Was Won (cd) on it's way to me, based on some of the high praises it received here. It better be good!! :kickbutt:

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:21 am

Damn... I was away for a couple of weeks and missed almost all of the Purple and Zeppelin threads. I'll try and get on board the Savatage and Saxon ones.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:05 am

Lari wrote:
Damn... I was away for a couple of weeks and missed almost all of the Purple and Zeppelin threads. I'll try and get on board the Savatage and Saxon ones.

Lari you could post your response to Led Zep and dep Pur threads if you like.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:15 am

xyz....... get's an A

how is that for full circle?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:37 am

manny wrote:
Lari wrote:

Lari you could post your response to Led Zep and dep Pur threads if you like.
I'm going to. When I have a bit more time, that is. Now I'm at work.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:33 pm

Thanks for all the praise, guys. I really had a blast.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've got a copy of How the West Was Won (cd) on it's way to me, based on some of the high praises it received here. It better be good!! :kickbutt:

My copy arrived in today's mail, listening to it now. I bought it used very cheap off of Amazon, but I gotta question. It's 3 discs in a digi-case with no booklet or outer sleeve, right? Everything seems to be in order, but I'm just asking. Seems a little sparse on packaging and I just want to make sure nothing is missing.

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:11 pm

That's the same version I have.

How are you liking it so far?
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:19 pm

There is no booklet I bought it new, and it didn't come with one. I figure the music on the cd's is more than worth the price though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:39 pm

detuned wrote:
That's the same version I have.

How are you liking it so far?

Love it. It brings some new energy & life to songs that fell into "classic rock radio burnout". The only complaint (and it's very, very minor) is that there aren't any rareties or cover songs like that Live at the BBC. But I'm not complaining. The material that is represented is very strong.

XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:38 pm

Led Zeppelin - For Badgeholders Only
Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Fbo-a

Disc 1

1) Since I've Been Loving You
2) No Quarter
3) Ten Years Gone
4) The Battle of Evermore
5) Going to California
6) Black Country Woman /Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Disc 2

1) White Summer /Black Mountain Side
2) Kashmir
3) Trampled Underfoot
4) Out on the Tiles / Moby Dick
5) Guitar Solo
6) Achilles Last Stand

Disc 3

1) Stairway to Heaven
2) Whole Lotta Love
3) Rock and Roll
4) No Quarter (*)
5) Ten Years Gone (*)
6) Battle of Evermore (*)

(*) Bonus tracks from Madison Square Garden, June 11, 1977 (sound board)

This is a bootleg that I found at a local Zia Records store here in Phoenix. I found it for $6.97, so I figured, "What the heck, it's Zeppelin. It's got to be worth it."

I was pleasantly surprised by this record. It was a bootleg recording from June 23, 1977, at The Forum in L.A.. In terms of bootlegs, I found the sound quality to be pretty good. There are some spots where the audio cuts out, but no one ever expects a bootleg to sound a clean as a studio album.

The performances are tight and energetic; the band sounded really good back in '77. The concert also features special guest, drummer Keith Moon. I believe he sits in with Bonzo during Moby Dick and in some of the encore songs. Overall, a good disc.

My Rating:

10/10
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:30 pm

$6.97!!! Man, am I jealous. Sounds like a great disc.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:20 am

One of the mosty famous bootlegs ever (For Badge Holders Only) that used to cost at least $50 in Toronto (it was 2 separate vinyl releases, maybe 4 LP's ? Zep did perfom LONG concerts) in the 1980s when I seen it , seemed rare at the time to me, as I did not see bootleg vinyl often.

What a score for XYZ.

I have been collecting a LOT of Zeppelin live material,and the LA Forum '77 shows are among the faves out there,with
-Pure Blues ,aka Mudlside (1970 Vancouver)
-Earlscourt '75

- and I personally like the Copenghagen, and Earls Court shows from '79
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:29 am

detuned wrote:
I have the "Complete Studio Recordings" boxset (the black box with the albums in their original format), the bonus tracks from the previous Zeppelin boxes were added onto the end of CODA:

Baby Come On Home
Travelling Riverside Blues
White Summer/Black Mountain Side
Hey Hey What Can I Do

Those four bonus tracks are superior to anything on the original release of CODA, which is a poor representation of the band. They ruin "We're Gonna Groove" with the guitar overdubs (the original live version is killer) and most of the other tracks are sub-par quality. The few standouts are the soundcheck recording of "I Can't Quit You Baby" (which is awesome), Bonzo's Montreaux and "Wearing And Tearing".

But it's an album that should probably never have been released in the first place aside from a few songs. Sometimes unreleased material should stay that way.

I LOVED CODA.
That was one of my first Zeppelion albums,and compared to most other bands, even when Zep were mediocre, it was a Million times better than the best bar band.

"Sub-par"? Not for me and all the teenagers around me who always turned the FM radio to full blast when any songs from Coda were played. Not one single bad track...

now if you want to discuss the buried vocals on In Through The Outdoor, I will buy the coffee. Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 9:28 pm

How does Led Zeppelin do 3 hits collections (Early, Latter, & Mothership) and not put "Thank You" on any of them?

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:55 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
How does Led Zeppelin do 3 hits collections (Early, Latter, & Mothership) and not put "Thank You" on any of them?

That's why I never buy collections. With a band like Zeppelin...you HAVE to own all the original albums, it's the only way to fly.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:21 am

When I was a kid my brother had all of them on vinyl all the way thru In Thru The Outdoor. I loved those albums! However, today I am happy with Mothership, the only Zep CD I own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:27 am

Mothership just barely scratches the surface and seems to be made up entirely of songs over-played on the radio, there is so much good material on those album cuts, many of them superior to anything on Mothership. Having that collection would drive me insane.

It's the exact same thing with Black Sabbath and Rush collections, they always miss the real meat by only focusing on the "most well known" songs.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 8:21 am

Zep is an album band......period

gotta play the whole album or don't bother IMHO

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin Discography   Led Zeppelin Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin Discography
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7