Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post Led Zeppelin

Go down 
+5
mc666
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Tall Tyrion
journeyman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 10:48 am

Just curious. What do you think about all of the post Led Zeppelin projects and / or releases like Robert Plant solo, The honeydrippers, The Firm, Page/Plant, Coverdale/Page, Jimmy Page solo. I'm pretty much a Zeppelin freak so I like it all, some more than others. The critics have been pretty rough on post Zeppelin, and are they right. Some of it can be closely linked to Zeppelin like Walking to Clarksdate, but then you have Robert Plant and Alison Krauss which is a long way from the mighty Zep. I favor the Page stuff more than the Plant releases.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 11:17 am

Coverdale/Page is the best, IMO (probably because it's the hardest-rocking), but No Quarter (Plant/Page) was stellar as well.

Some of Plant's solo material was very good, but some not. He never recaptured the Zep brilliance, but for what they were, they were solid albums.

Last edited by on Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 11:18 am

I really like the stuff I've heard from Plant/Page. Other than that - I'm not too familiar with a lot of it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 10:19 am

I dig Coverdale/Page. I also like No Quarter (Plant/Page). Other than
that the rest of it didn't do much for me. I hear stuff like the
Honeydrippers on the radio from time to time and I like it enough to
not change the channel. Very Happy

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 11:03 am

The only post-Zep release I own is Coverdale/Page. The rest of their solo works never interested me enough to purchase anything.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 4:02 pm

i wasn't even a huge Zep fan really. aside from a few songs. so it's no surprise that i didn't dig any of their solo stuff.

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 7:27 am

i am not really a big zep fan as i prefer black sabbath from all those early bands i still have the first two zep albums and the song remains film on dvd but i doubt i would ver get all their albums leta alone solo outings
Back to top Go down

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 12:26 pm

Coverdale/Page is an outstanding album. I wish they'd do a second.

Also, a few months band when I started getting into the Black Crowes, a few people here said the live album with the Crowes and Plant was great. I haven't picked it up yet, though.
Back to top Go down

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 12:26 pm

Gooch, that's kinda how I am too. When it comes to 70s stuff, there really is nothing better than Black Sabbath to me.

I also really like KISS and Rush, but I can take or leave Led Zeppelin. Perhaps I'll get more into them one day - who knows.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 8:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Also, a few months band when I started getting into the Black Crowes, a few people here said the live album with the Crowes and Plant was great. I haven't picked it up yet, though.

It's with Jimmy Page, not Plant, but yea, it's great. Can't believe I forgot about that Crowes album. I even got to see 'em live on that tour.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 8:55 pm

I never was a big Led Zepplin - no denying the influence they had on the rock (and later metal) scene, but not one of my favorites
Back to top Go down

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:54 am

I like the Coverdale/Page stuff and the Page/Plant stuff.

I just ordered the Robert Plant & Allison Krauss cover album. The few songs I downloaded sounded good so I figured I'd give it a shot. Sounds very mellow, plus it has a Tom Waits cover.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 4:42 pm

I like most of the post Zep stuff. I heard the Krauss/Planr cd and IMO not very good!

Wargod48

NP: 1994 - 1994
Back to top Go down

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 5:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

It's with Jimmy Page, not Plant, but yea, it's great. Can't believe I forgot about that Crowes album. I even got to see 'em live on that tour.
That's what I meant! Don't ever correct me again out in the open! I have a reputation to uphold!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 5:04 pm

Coverdale/Page is the only thing post-Zep that has interested me....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 5:17 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

That's what I meant! Don't ever correct me again out in the open! I have a reputation to uphold!

You're sounding like my wife. Now I'm suppposed to know what you meant to say!?!
Back to top Go down

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 5:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You're sounding like my wife. Now I'm suppposed to know what you meant to say!?!
lol!
Back to top Go down

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 10:02 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
I like most of the post Zep stuff. I heard the Krauss/Planr cd and IMO not very good!

Wargod48

NP: 1994 - 1994

I got it in the mail yesterday and like it pretty well. It is super mellow and probably more for fans of Krauss than Plant as it seems like her vocals are showcased more with Plant just doing a light whispery background thing, at least on the majority of songs.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 10:20 pm

I bought the Krauss/Plant cd on the road and ended up leaving it in the cd player of the rental. I still have the case. Wow, was I pissed. It was an impulse buy at Starbucks. From what I heard it was pretty good, but mellow. I loved their version of Please Read the Letter. Page/Plant recorded that song on the Walking into Clarksdale album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Post Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Led Zeppelin   Post Led Zeppelin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post Led Zeppelin
Page 1 of 1