Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Led Zeppelin

Go down 
+36
glassprison
tohostudios
Required Fields
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
manny
akeldama
MetalH
TheGooch
Mattallica667
metalinmyveins
QuothTheRaven
ramreb
James B.
the sentinel
Tall Tyrion
XYZ
rattpoison
White_Mage
DeathCult
TrogDawn
KissinMaiden
Neuropete
Metal Misfit
journeyman
candlemass
Troublezone
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Rex
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 6:19 am

Any fans?

What's your favorite Zep releases?

Sitting here listening to "Physical Graffiti" and it's sounding absolutely fantastic. Absolutely timeless!

Looking for recommendations on live recordings. I don't have Song Remains the Same yet, but I've heard they have better official live recordings.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 6:28 am

ultmetal wrote:
Any fans?

What's your favorite Zep releases?

Sitting here listening to "Physical Graffiti" and it's sounding absolutely fantastic. Absolutely timeless!

Looking for recommendations on live recordings. I don't have Song Remains the Same yet, but I've heard they have better official live recordings.

I have their boxset and their first three.... but I honestly coulden't tell you my favourites.... i dont listen to them much. I might put their CDs in at work tonight.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 6:32 am

I've never been a big fan no matter how much I try. Plant's wailing grates on my nerves after a few songs.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 7:19 am

Love them! I remember fondly when I went to College @ the University of Akron in 92. I had been a Oldies or Metal guy but missed the whole Classic Rock thing in the middle. Well, they had this Classic Rock channel in Akron that I started listening too heavily and I was simply blown away and sucked into the whole Zep world. For a couple years they were easily my favorite band. I had of course heard many of their songs here and there but didn't realize it was them. Suddenly I can't get enough.

My favorite is still what's called IV....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 7:21 am

I've always loved LZ IV (or Zoso, if you please). The whole thing is just about as classic as an album can get, but my personal favorite is "When the Levee Breaks". The drumming is soooo thunderous and the harmonica wails. The song is just so heavy.

I've always been partial to CODA as well. Even though it was kind of an odds n' ends album thrown together, it perfectly showcased Bonham's drumming. Something about the way they recorded his parts always sound amazing. One of my favorite drummers of all time.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 9:31 am

Dear God, Plant/Page did NOT age well.

Led Zeppelin Danny_celeb_robertplant
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 11:12 am

Led Zeppelin 2007-04-01-robert-plant-01

Led Zeppelin Jimmy-page

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 11:18 am

A more recent pic of Jimmy Page....

Led Zeppelin Page
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 11:46 am

spectrefate wrote:

Led Zeppelin Page

You sure that's not Keith Richards? scratch
Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 11:52 am

ultmetal wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

You sure that's not Keith Richards? scratch

No, Keith Richards looks WORSE.

Led Zeppelin Keith
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 7:16 pm

Ultmetal wrote:

How The West Was Won is a fantastic 3 disc live recording, much better than TSRTS and readily available. I definitely recommend it. Zeppelin are fantastic, my fave. album is "III". Awesome stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 6:16 am

spiritoradio wrote:
Ultmetal wrote:

How The West Was Won is a fantastic 3 disc live recording, much better than TSRTS and readily available. I definitely recommend it. Zeppelin are fantastic, my fave. album is "III". Awesome stuff.

Thanks. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 6:23 am

Houses of the Holy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 6:25 am

LOL that K Richards pic is hilarious! lol!
Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 9:46 am

I would say a very good live album was '69 in texas, but the guy I bought it from said it was a bootleg, and that you can'tt find it in stores. Yeah. Zep rocks. Anyone who says otherwise sureley does not know music. Fy fav is Physical Graffitti. Fanfreakintastic
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 3:45 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Thanks. 🤘

No prob. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 3:57 pm

Wow...He looks old! Shocked I'm a big fan! I don't have any favourit release...But Stairway To Heaven is a masterpiece!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 9:21 pm

Yea I dig 'em, PG probably my fav, though I like 'em all, save for Coda, lame leftovers. Why all the disdain for TSRTS, I think it's a great live lp!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 9:21 am

II
Physical Graffiti
yeah pretty much everything they have ever recorded....

The Song Remains The Same is set for remastered release with four extra songs this november.

Love Zep...

I tracked down the location of the Physical Graffiti album cover and had a picture taken with me on the steps.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 10:32 am

journeyman wrote:
II
Physical Graffiti
yeah pretty much everything they have ever recorded....

The Song Remains The Same is set for remastered release with four extra songs this november.

Love Zep...

I tracked down the location of the Physical Graffiti album cover and had a picture taken with me on the steps.

Was that in NY?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 12:12 pm

Led Zeppelin Dsc00710

96 & 98 St. Marks Place in the East Village.
On the album the 4th floor was cut out to accommodate the album size.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 12:14 pm

The picture cuts off the 5th floor. It was kinda hard to get the whole building in.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 12:09 pm

This is one of those legendary bands that I never really got into (see also: Rolling Stones, Beatles, Black Sabbath).

I'm not saying they didn't have some great songs (D'yer Maker and All Of My Love being my faves), but overall, I wouldn't call myself a fan. I own IV and the Remasters 3-disc box set, but that's all I care to explore from them.

One thing working against them is that I'm absolutely sick of of their more popular songs that you hear on radio. In the last town I lived in, the only rock station in town was stuck on 70s rock (hard/southern/blues) and early-mid 90s alternative, playing the same bands and the same songs all day long. So we got A LOT of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Rage Against the Machine, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden.
Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 7:23 am

I'm a big fan of the Zep, I listen to them everyday, can't say what my favourite song/album is, but i prefer I, II and III over all else.
Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 7:59 am

I have just about all of the studio stuff on CD, and multiple copies of everyone on vinyl.

III and Houses of the Holy are my favorites, and the BBC sessions is an excellent collection that really adds a lot to old favorites.

In through the Out Door gets honorable mention as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Led Zeppelin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next