Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Def Leppard Deluxe Editions

Go down 
+13
spiritoradio
HellRaiser
7thSaviour
MetalGuy71
libertynjustice
Smindas
Troublezone
tohostudios
Schbopo
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
metalinmyveins
A Handful of Wayne
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Def Leppard Deluxe Editions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:47 pm

DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
If they release super-duper deluxe editions of their 1st two albums, I could be interested. As for these, they sound nice, but I'll pass.

Im with ya on this one. Maybe on the Pyro, but I dont like Adrenalize enough to even buy a regular copy of it.

I'd considder the Pyromania one only because that's one of the early DL discs I've never upgraded from cassette tape. But I've gone this long without it and I don't feel I'm missing it.

I bought Pyro on disc when I first started buying albums, and I couldnt tell you the last time I listened to it. I like DL, but except for the first two, Im completely burnt out on them.

That pretty much why I've never upgraded Pyromania to cd. I've seen it plenty of times used for cheap, but I just never made the purchase. 'Photograph' burn-out is harder to get rid of than swine flu.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
If they release super-duper deluxe editions of their 1st two albums, I could be interested. As for these, they sound nice, but I'll pass.

Im with ya on this one. Maybe on the Pyro, but I dont like Adrenalize enough to even buy a regular copy of it.

I'd considder the Pyromania one only because that's one of the early DL discs I've never upgraded from cassette tape. But I've gone this long without it and I don't feel I'm missing it.

I bought Pyro on disc when I first started buying albums, and I couldnt tell you the last time I listened to it. I like DL, but except for the first two, Im completely burnt out on them.

That pretty much why I've never upgraded Pyromania to cd. I've seen it plenty of times used for cheap, but I just never made the purchase. 'Photograph' burn-out is harder to get rid of than swine flu.

Its like glam herpes. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:52 pm

I still love Pyromania, but the CD sounds like crap in my opinion. Still, I won't buy these deluxe editions. I don't want to fork over 20 bucks to get a CD that may or may not sound better than the initial release. I had the Hysteria deluxe edition and traded it for an original press, the "deluxe" part wasn't interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:54 pm

Pfft, 20 if youre lucky, last time I saw that Hysteria one it was like 27 bucks. But, I see what you're saying about quality too, I also noticed none of it says remastered, just reissue, so itll probably be the same crappy sounding issue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:01 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Pfft, 20 if youre lucky, last time I saw that Hysteria one it was like 27 bucks. But, I see what you're saying about quality too, I also noticed none of it says remastered, just reissue, so itll probably be the same crappy sounding issue.

The deluxe editions are re-mastered.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:21 pm

I just wanted to say that I picked up the "Pyromania" Deluxe edition, and it sounds fantabulous!!! I haven't listened to the live gig yet, but I will later today. I got mine at Best Buy. I was surprised to see that there was no discount on the price for a brand new item. Oh well...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:32 pm

Mine are on their way from amazon. Best Buy did have Hysteria Deluxe for $15 a little while back so I picked it up. When I first saw it when it came out I thought it wasnt interesting enough but I was glad when I actually got to listen to it and I enjoyed the bonus stuff.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Mine are on their way from amazon. Best Buy did have Hysteria Deluxe for $15 a little while back so I picked it up. When I first saw it when it came out I thought it wasnt interesting enough but I was glad when I actually got to listen to it and I enjoyed the bonus stuff.

Yeah, I got Hysteria for $15 also from Best Buy on Mother's Day weekend, while visiting family from out of town. My birthday was the week before, so I told my brother I had my mind set on the Hysteria Deluxe edition. When it was only $15, he said, "Grab another CD". So, I also got "Heaven & Hell's" new album. I eventually will get "Adrenalize", but "Pyromania" was a must.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 6:27 pm

Yea Pyromania is definetly a must!

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:38 pm

I have the deluxe on Hysteria and I like it. I will pick up the deluxe of Pyro on Friday since it's one of my fave albums of all time but I will pass on Adrenalize unless I see a cheap used copy somewhere. I am just not a big fan of that album. I wish they would make deluxe editions of the first two though. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Def Leppard Deluxe Editions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2