Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Swine Flu Virus"

Go down 
+16
kmorg
XYZ
Leatherface
sam
GrandNational
Stender
Required Fields
thejokeriv
7thSaviour
stepcousin
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
INVADERS
candlemass
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:50 am

So wich metal band will be the first to pen lyrics on this buzz topic?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:55 am

Iced Earth or Annihilator.

You should do a a vignette about it in between songs at a Dance On Fire show. Right before "The End".
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:01 am

i think it'll be annihilator.
they write some of the worst cheesiest lyrics ever, although Iced earth may write a concept album about it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:04 am

One Bad Pig! They already penned a song called "Swine Flew". Of course it has nothing to do with the disease, and is a play on words, but everytime I hear the words "Swine Flu" on the news, it reminds me of that song.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:41 am

ultmetal wrote:
One Bad Pig! They already penned a song called "Swine Flew". Of course it has nothing to do with the disease, and is a play on words, but everytime I hear the words "Swine Flu" on the news, it reminds me of that song.

I also immediately thought of the One Bad Pig title as soon as stories about this outbreak started showing up on the news. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:09 am

I can see Jon Oliva's Pain putting something about it in their lyrics... or Tourniquet using it with a medical term twist.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:11 am

I thought a christian metal band might take a stab at this, tie it in w/the apocalypse! grim reaper
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:16 am

candlemass wrote:
I thought a christian metal band might take a stab at this, tie it in w/the apocalypse! grim reaper

Now that you mention it this is right up Steve Rowe's alley. Too bad he already completed his current record. It's a great sign of the times topic.
Back to top Go down

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:17 am

Troublezone wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Now that you mention it this is right up Steve Rowe's alley. Too bad he already completed his current record. It's a great sign of the times topic.

His song would be titled "The Virus That Comes From Dirty Pigs That Makes You Sick For Days, God Rules!"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:19 am

Quote :
Tourniquet using it with a medical term twist.

Yea, but they'd give it an incredibly wordy Latin-derived title that nobody would understand. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:19 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Yea, but they'd give it an incredibly wordy Latin-derived title that nobody would understand. Laughing

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:20 am

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Exactly.

...Cuz they're pretentious as hell.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:21 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
candlemass wrote:

His song would be titled "The Virus That Comes From Dirty Pigs That Makes You Sick For Days, God Rules!"

I feel guilty for laughing but you nailed it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:06 am

Megadeth's currently writing their next record. I'm sure MegaDave could put some kind of political spin on Swine Flu.

Maybe it was created and released from a secret underground military base that houses UFO's (where the virus originated) in order to provide government contracts to pharmaceutical companies and thin out the population? Sounds like a song to me.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:09 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Maybe it was created and released from a secret underground military base that houses UFO's (where the virus originated) in order to provide government contracts to pharmaceutical companies and thin out the population? Sounds like a song to me.

"Return To Return To Hangar 18: Electric Boogaloo"

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Couldn't be any worse than 'Unforgiven III' Laughing

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:19 am

Didnt Steve Rowe already do a song called "Flu Virus"?
Back to top Go down

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:20 am

stepcousin wrote:

Yes he did.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:21 am

stepcousin wrote:

That's right, he did. Smile
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:30 am

Troublezone wrote:
stepcousin wrote:

That's right, he did. Smile

See, he's a prophet after all! humble
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:34 am

SWINE FLEW! SWINE FLEW!

OBP
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I also immediately thought of the One Bad Pig title as soon as stories about this outbreak started showing up on the news. Laughing

LOL!!! Me too!!! I don't have it on CD, otherwise I would have broken it out!

BTW - this is not any worse than a normal flu season, it's just a new strain that there is no vaccine against at this point. It's like last year, when the manufactures and NIH didn't guess correctly at which strain of the flu virus would be popular in 2007-2008 flu season, and people that had flu shots got it.

The difference is it's a new strain not seen before. Plus, the media is loving it because it sells papers.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:16 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

LOL!!! Me too!!! I don't have it on CD, otherwise I would have broken it out!

Same here! \'arry \'eadbanger just kidding

Last edited by 7thSaviour on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:02 pm

I totally put in swine flew the other day just to do it.

Me personally, I think the whole thing is really hyped up. Sure, people are dying around the world but its just a ploy in order to take heat off all the other crazy s*** thats been happening lately namely the tea party deal.

As for it being manufactured who can say, but I wont believe it until theres proof. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Swine Flu Virus" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Swine Flu Virus"   "Swine Flu Virus" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Swine Flu Virus"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next