Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pearls Before Swine

Go down 
+3
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Pearls Before Swine Empty
PostSubject: Pearls Before Swine   Pearls Before Swine Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 12:13 pm

Anyone know of this newspaper comic? These days most of the new comics that get syndicated are unfunny and patheticaly boring. Pearls is the only recent comic that I can really get into (Get Fuzzy is alright but can be a snooze fest sometimes). It basically revolves around two characters, Pig and Rat (yes, those are the names). Pig is nieve, stupid, and a really nice character. Rat is cynical, an a**hole, and a loner. There is Zebra who is always writing letters to lions and crocadiles to make piece, the carnivors of course misconstrue them as an invitation to eat more zebras. There is Goat, the only real smart character. Bob The Duck, a killer guard duck who these days has five o clock shadow, smokes a cigarette, and wears an army helmet. In recent years a ferternity of crocadiles has moved next door to Zebra and are constantly trying to eat him, they always fail however, because they are incredibly stupid. The funniest ones are the ones with Rat and Pig (the real stars of the comic):

Pig: How did the driving test go?
Rat: Terrible the instructor died in the middle of the test.
Pig: Heart attack?
Rat: Car accident.

Rat: Do you think bad things happen in your life for a reason?
Pig: Yes...I'm stupid.

Pig: Oooooooooo...brain freeze...
Rat: Yeah, you gotta watch how fast you drink these slushies.
Pig: I haven't drank any.

Pig: Hey, mister. Is that your parked car that just got hit by that truck?
Man: I don't know. What did it look like?
Pig: It was all smashed up.
Man: BEFORE it was hit.
Pig: It was in pretty good condition

Goat: What are you reading?
Rat: The section of the paper where they give little blurbs on all the guys whose lives have ended.
Goat: The obituaries?
Rat: Wedding announcements
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Pearls Before Swine   Pearls Before Swine Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 12:15 pm

Great strip. I love the crocodiles who are always trying to eat their "Zeeba Nayba"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Pearls Before Swine   Pearls Before Swine Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 12:56 pm

Love "Pearls..." and "Get Fuzzy". They're the only 2 newspaper comic stips I read on a regular basis. My favorite Pearls are the ones where the characters actually acknowledge that they are in a comic strip, breaking that 4th wall. Funny stuff. The crocs are funny too.

Pearls Before Swine Pearls2007080130935
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pearls Before Swine   Pearls Before Swine Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 3:24 pm

Haha. I've never heard of this comic before, but it seems like my kind of humor!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Pearls Before Swine   Pearls Before Swine Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 4:35 pm

me niether, but looks darn funny! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Pearls Before Swine   Pearls Before Swine Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:07 pm

I didn't read it for the longest time. So glad I decided to give it a shot. Its hilarious!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pearls Before Swine   Pearls Before Swine Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:09 pm

Which one is the dirty one with the flies that buzz around him all the time?
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Pearls Before Swine   Pearls Before Swine Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 11:20 pm

Ill read it from time to time if there happens to be a newspaper in the house bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Pearls Before Swine   Pearls Before Swine Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 1:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Love "Pearls..." and "Get Fuzzy". They're the only 2 newspaper comic stips I read on a regular basis. My favorite Pearls are the ones where the characters actually acknowledge that they are in a comic strip, breaking that 4th wall. Funny stuff. The crocs are funny too.

Pearls Before Swine Pearls2007080130935

I LOVE Get Fuzzy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Pearls Before Swine   Pearls Before Swine Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 9:09 am

Pearls Before Swine Pearls2008916800207

Boy, would I love one of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pearls Before Swine   Pearls Before Swine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pearls Before Swine
Page 1 of 1