Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD

Go down 
+15
Lari
plancha7
the sentinel
MetalFRO
Wargod
krokus
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
7thSaviour
powermacho
thejokeriv
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:30 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've had a free promo copy of this dvd for awhile now and haven't even taken off the wrapper. Part of me wants to hold onto it, but in reality, I'll probably never watch it.

Your buddy in Florida would like it. Smile

Make me an offer, bud. greedy

You should hook a brother up!

The 5.1 surrond mix is fantastic on the DVD and bonus live footage. It sounds like you are at the show.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:33 am

detuned wrote:
I finally saw this last night, excellent film! Watching all the different crowds and how they react was the most fascinating part to me. Plus the band sounds fantastic here, I'll have to buy this one (I rented it from Netflix).

What really got me about it was seeing the band get MOBBED all over the world, especially in Latin America, fans of all ages, but then when they come to New York Eddie Trunk slaps Bruce in the face with that "So yeah, you guys are, like, basically doing a little nostalgia act for the old-timers, right?" It's a credit to Dickinson that he didn't tackle that idiot right there.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:35 am

sheets wrote:
Eddie Trunk slaps Bruce in the face with that "So yeah, you guys are, like, basically doing a little nostalgia act for the old-timers, right?" It's a credit to Dickinson that he didn't tackle that idiot right there.

I would pay money to watch someone punch out Eddie Trunk.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:45 am

Eddie Trunk said this!!!!!! Does he not know Iron Maiden have never stopped creating new music?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:07 am

manny wrote:
Eddie Trunk said this!!!!!! Does he not know Iron Maiden have never stopped creating new music?

Yep - he needed to be a**-raped by cyborg eddie's gun!!!!!!!! And before that show, he got up to "introduce" the band and announced that we were "about to see a classic tour from the 80's"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:15 am

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

Yep - he needed to be a**-raped by cyborg eddie's gun!!!!!!!! And before that show, he got up to "introduce" the band and announced that we were "about to see a classic tour from the 80's"

Ya know, I'm generally one to defend Eddie Trunk, I like the guy. But that there is just wrong. What a douchey move for someone that is supposedly "in-the-know" of all things hard rock & heavy metal.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

Ya know, I'm generally one to defend Eddie Trunk, I like the guy. But that there is just wrong. What a douchey move for someone that is supposedly "in-the-know" of all things hard rock & heavy metal.

Yeah I agree. I like 'That Metal Show', it's better then most of the dredge on there, but to make a comment like that... what a putz... Now if it had been Michael Portnoy (I like DT) he would've never made that mistake....

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:22 pm

Another thing about that documentary...Nicko McBrain is HILARIOUS...the guy is an absolute genius/weirdo/whackjob.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:32 pm

detuned wrote:
Another thing about that documentary...Nicko McBrain is HILARIOUS...the guy is an absolute genius/weirdo/whackjob.

yes!

He reminds me of the Apostle Peter.... he never knew when to close his yap!!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 5:57 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

I don't know the guy, but it seemed like an odd thing to say for a rock journalist, doubly so now I've read this thread!

Loved the documentary -the full versions of the songs on disc two are awesome!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 12:42 pm

I believe that VH1 Classic is showing "Flight 666" again tonight at 8 PM. Let's see if I remember to set my frickin' DVD recorder to catch it this time... I have forgotten about its past two airings...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I believe that VH1 Classic is showing "Flight 666" again tonight at 8 PM. Let's see if I remember to set my frickin' DVD recorder to catch it this time... I have forgotten about its past two airings...

....aaaaaaand nope. Forgot about it again. @#$%!!!! Didn't think of it till it was three quarters of the way over. So I watched the last half hour of it (it just ended a few minutes ago)... what little I saw looked pretty killer.

However, it's airing again at 3:30 PM, and the recorder is now programmed and ready to go, so Flight 666 shall NOT escape me again!!!

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:48 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

....aaaaaaand nope. Forgot about it again. @#$%!!!! Didn't think of it till it was three quarters of the way over. So I watched the last half hour of it (it just ended a few minutes ago)... what little I saw looked pretty killer.

However, it's airing again at 3:30 PM, and the recorder is now programmed and ready to go, so Flight 666 shall NOT escape me again!!!

Sweet!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:55 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Sweet!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!

I finally got the damn movie recorded (fourth time's the charm! haha!)... now all I have to do is find the time to watch it... Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3