Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD

Go down 
+15
Lari
plancha7
the sentinel
MetalFRO
Wargod
krokus
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
7thSaviour
powermacho
thejokeriv
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:49 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
yea the dvd and cd im picking up both. i went out to get a mcflurry so now i missed another 10 minutes haha
\\

VH1 is showing it again at Midnight - I am buying on Tuesday!!!! With the CD!!!! GREAT movie - loved it!!!!! The 5.1 mix is AWESOME - i love how kevin shirley cranked up the crowd in the mix on the movie when they sang along. Favorite part was watching Rime from the show I attened - I think Pheonix Rising was at that show too!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:19 am

Damn and I was still up I could have watched that one haha oh well i'll be buying it anyway.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:27 am

Yesterday i bougth the double live cd and also the double dvd. I only listen to the cd and its very good because some songs, the chorus (like on WASTED YEARS for exemple) is sung by Adrian Smith only and that make it a little different.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:48 am

I watched both Flight 666 and the concert on Palladia the concert kicks a$$, the documentry is great as well!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:04 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
yea the dvd and cd im picking up both. i went out to get a mcflurry so now i missed another 10 minutes haha
\\

VH1 is showing it again at Midnight - I am buying on Tuesday!!!! With the CD!!!! GREAT movie - loved it!!!!! The 5.1 mix is AWESOME - i love how kevin shirley cranked up the crowd in the mix on the movie when they sang along. Favorite part was watching Rime from the show I attened - I think Pheonix Rising was at that show too!

I caught a little bit of it last night. Why was Bruce wearing pants made from shedded trash bags?

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Saw part of this last night on VH1 - I might have to get this, it looks like an interesting documentary of the tour. AMAZING to see all the fans in India - holy cow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:54 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
I watched both Flight 666 and the concert on Palladia the concert kicks a$$, the documentry is great as well!

Wargod50

They cut out 1/2 of the songs from the DVD on the concert on Palladia - I will be at Best Buy on tuesday for the Blu-ray!!! They have it for $14.99!!!!!! and the DVD is only $12.99
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:13 pm

I saw it last Saturday on VH1 and I thought it was terrific. I will probably grab both CD and DVD soon. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:47 pm

Sheeeeez-nit. I went away over the weekend and had wanted to set my DVR to record "Flight 666" off of VH1 Classic while I was gone... aaaaand of course, I forgot. There don't seem to be any re-runs in the immediate future either.

They have re-run the "Somewhere Back in Time" live special a couple of times already, so I was able to record that. Guess that'll tide me over till I can check out "Flight 666"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Sheeeeez-nit. I went away over the weekend and had wanted to set my DVR to record "Flight 666" off of VH1 Classic while I was gone... aaaaand of course, I forgot. There don't seem to be any re-runs in the immediate future either.

They have re-run the "Somewhere Back in Time" live special a couple of times already, so I was able to record that. Guess that'll tide me over till I can check out "Flight 666"

I just picked up my copy on Blu-Ray at Best Buy for $14.99!!! They have the 2 disc DVD for $12.99!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:04 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I just picked up my copy on Blu-Ray at Best Buy for $14.99!!! They have the 2 disc DVD for $12.99!

...which is all well and good but I'm a cheap ba$tard and would've rather recorded it off of VH1 Classic for nothin'. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

...which is all well and good but I'm a cheap ba$tard and would've rather recorded it off of VH1 Classic for nothin'. Laughing

LOL!!! Well, the VH1 Classic concert part leaves out 1/2 of the songs that are on the DVD, inculding Rime, Moonchild, The Clairvoiant, etc
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:09 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

LOL!!! Well, the VH1 Classic concert part leaves out 1/2 of the songs that are on the DVD, inculding Rime, Moonchild, The Clairvoiant, etc

Meh, makes no nevermind to me. I dont' go outta my way to buy a lot of DVDs (concert or otherwise) nowadays cuz I never have time to watch'em. At most, I sit thru 'em once or twice and then they just sit on a shelf and collect dust...

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 12:40 am

I never get around to watching DVDs that aren't of TV shows (I've had The Wrestler on DVD for over a month now and have yet to watch it) so I will wait on this one. I have about 4-5 concert DVDs that I have yet to watch and several movies I have yet to see. I don't know why this is, I guess TV shows are just easier to digest for me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 1:19 pm

I'm with FF. I just don't watch the concert videos much. I bought Tesla's and made it all the way through once and just parts a couple times. Same with 'deth's That One Night and they're both very good.
Back to top Go down
plancha7
Metal novice
Metal novice
plancha7

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:03 pm

I've had both the DVD and the CD for about a month, and while they're both fantastic, i've only watched the DVD once.. the CD however, has been on almost constant rotation. Maiden really have got the knack of recording live down to a fine art, the mix of guitar, vocals and crowd is exactly right. Clear, but not 'glossy', heavy, but not muddy. 'Revelations' sounds awesome on this tour. What an amazingly underrated song.

All the band on the documentary seem like such good guys, which isn't always the case on metal docs.

Long Live The Irons.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:01 am

I just watched the movie over the weekend. I have the DVD, but didn't get around to watching the concert part just yet. It seemed like there was too much live footage in the movie anyway. I felt it was kind of bland and superficial - very little actually interesting things happened on that tour. If you want a good look at behind the scenes, you're much better reading the Run to the Hills book. Or if you just want an informative documentary to watch, get the Early Days and Live After Death DVDs.

Anyway, as a fan I had to get it, and it was still fun to watch, I have to say.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:25 pm

VH1 Classic aired the "Flight 666" movie again this past weekend (I forget if it was on Friday or Saturday night)... and of course, though I meant to set my DVR to record it (again), I forgot about it (again). Sheeeeeeeeeez-nit!!!!

Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:08 am

The last few years, Maiden have always released a double live CD in between studio releases ... not to mention another compilation release every 4 years ... or so, I'm starting to run out of storage room for my Iron Maiden discography Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 4:34 pm

manny wrote:
BTW I heard Sam Nunn was working on Rush Doc, has anyone else heard this?

Yeah it's supposedly gonna be released later this year!! It should be just as good as the Maiden flim and the 'Metal: A Headbangers Journey'.... I'm very excited about that. Maybe will get some live 'vault material'....

the Maiden film was fantastic. I really dug it quite a bit. I've got all the other maiden DVD's so this one fits in just fine....

headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:01 am

I finally saw this last night, excellent film! Watching all the different crowds and how they react was the most fascinating part to me. Plus the band sounds fantastic here, I'll have to buy this one (I rented it from Netflix).
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:45 am

detuned wrote:
I finally saw this last night, excellent film! Watching all the different crowds and how they react was the most fascinating part to me. Plus the band sounds fantastic here, I'll have to buy this one (I rented it from Netflix).

The only bad thing is there are no shots of me and Phoenix Reign at the NJ show!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:16 am

I've had a free promo copy of this dvd for awhile now and haven't even taken off the wrapper. Part of me wants to hold onto it, but in reality, I'll probably never watch it.

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:20 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've had a free promo copy of this dvd for awhile now and haven't even taken off the wrapper. Part of me wants to hold onto it, but in reality, I'll probably never watch it.

Your buddy in Florida would like it. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:26 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Your buddy in Florida would like it. Smile

Make me an offer, bud. greedy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD   IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IRON MAIDEN: 'Flight 666' To Be Released On Blu-Ray, DVD
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next