Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread

Go down 
+25
Svengo
MetalRob331
exact33
T-Roy
kmorg
AchrisK
Chairman_Smith
scottmitchell74
mc666
Schbopo
SuprimuS
metalken
DallasBlack
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Thrasher73
MetalH
manny
TheGooch
thejokeriv
XYZ
sam
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 6:11 pm

Ride the lightning
...and justice for all
master of puppets
kill 'em all
black album
everything else
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 11:16 pm

Got Death Magnetic the day it came out, but haven't listened to it yet. I heard it in the background when my son played it, but I haven't listened through.

My favorites, in no order:

Kill 'Em All
Ride The Lightning
Master of Puppets
Garage Days Re-Revisited

the end
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:59 am

AchrisK wrote:
Got Death Magnetic the day it came out, but haven't listened to it yet. I heard it in the background when my son played it, but I haven't listened through.

My favorites, in no order:

Kill 'Em All
Ride The Lightning
Master of Puppets
Garage Days Re-Revisited

the end

Considering most people (me included) believe it fits perfectly between ...And Jutice and The Black Album (two albums not on your list), you most likely won't like it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:35 pm

kill
justice
black
mop
ride
death
the rest
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 2:52 pm

master
ride the lightning
justice
kill
black
load/reload
death magnetic

st. anger

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:05 pm

King Nothing *snicker*
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:32 pm

Master of puppets
Ride the lightning
...and justice for all
Kill 'em all
Death Magnetic
Black Album

the rest of their stuff didnt make the list Smile

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:08 pm

Master of Puppets
And Justice For All
Ride the Lightning
Kill em All
Black
Load
Death Magnetic
Reload
St Anger
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 5:28 pm

#1 Master#2 Lightning#3 Justice#4 Kill#5 Garage Inc. #6 Black #7 Death #8 Load#9 Re-LoadDoesn't even get a number : St. Crap And PS my browser formats this post in a strange way... Sorry. 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Does anyone have the link to the Guitar Hero III mix?

:glee:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:57 pm

Just google The Pirate Bay and search for GIII.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:46 pm

Metallica on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!! I Can't wait!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:07 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Metallica on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!! I Can't wait!!!!!!

Next Saturday for me. Looking forward to it.

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:25 pm

You know, I realize a lot of people have issues with these guys now, but I have to admit, this video had me pumped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjDRa_cgNOo

The live experience of the 80s needs to return. How about a frickin' light show! Come on. That would rule.

Anyway, I thought that video was pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:43 pm

The good thing about some of their shows of late has been that the majority of the sets have been songs off of the first few albums.
That alone might make me actually go see a Metallica show for the first time in quite a while.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
You know, I realize a lot of people have issues with these guys now, but I have to admit, this video had me pumped.

The live experience of the 80s needs to return. How about a frickin' light show! Come on. That would rule.

Yeah, I watched it today - Love how they used a live recording and incorporated clips from different live shows - Very well done. I would love to see an official DVD release from this tour 🤘

- And that riff at the 1:00 mark is so darn infectious - Simply AWESOME 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:45 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
- And that riff at the 1:00 mark is so darn infectious - Simply AWESOME 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
It is. In fact, it's probably one of the coolest riffs they've ever penned. But the transition is awkward. It just comes out of nowhere and is jolting a bit. That's my biggest problem with this album. Too many parts don't mesh naturally. It's still a great album, but I wish they spent less time cutting and pasting and more time doing it old school, just banging out riffs until something more natural clicks.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:

They actually do a light show for the first song and was pretty cool. Made me dizzy though haha.

I got a bootleg dvd of the show that I went to. It came out really good. It was done by 3 HD cameras so it looks kind of like an officiall video. They even dubbed in the live cd we got from the show because the sound at the stadium was horrible. They must do a little remixing when they give you the download for the show. Great show and great video.

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:

The video is OK. I hate that in-the-round stage set up they have been using for eternity. That song is sweet. That whole album is.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:

metallica have always been a great live band, one of their best strengths.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:54 pm

I was pleasantly surprised by DM. It's their best CD since TBA, IMO. 8/10
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:12 pm

I love DM but I still can't get into Suicide & Redemtion. It just doesn't hold up well to these ears and is the weakest Metallica instrumental to date. Aside from that this is a great album (though not as good as the others sans the Load albums and St. Anger).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:45 am

I am looking forward to seeing them play the new stuff live on tour in Rocktober! 🤘
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:46 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I love DM but I still can't get into Suicide & Redemtion. It just doesn't hold up well to these ears and is the weakest Metallica instrumental to date. Aside from that this is a great album (though not as good as the others sans the Load albums and St. Anger).
I LOVE S&R! It's nice to hear them do a killer instrumental track after all these years. The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 505193
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:42 am

Suicide and Redemption is my favorite track off the new album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next