Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread

Go down 
+25
Svengo
MetalRob331
exact33
T-Roy
kmorg
AchrisK
Chairman_Smith
scottmitchell74
mc666
Schbopo
SuprimuS
metalken
DallasBlack
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Thrasher73
MetalH
manny
TheGooch
thejokeriv
XYZ
sam
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:25 am

7thSaviour wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
I love DM but I still can't get into Suicide & Redemtion. It just doesn't hold up well to these ears and is the weakest Metallica instrumental to date. Aside from that this is a great album (though not as good as the others sans the Load albums and St. Anger).
I LOVE S&R! It's nice to hear them do a killer instrumental track after all these years. The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 505193

While it's not my favorite instrumental by Metallica (that would be Anesthesia/Pulling Teeth), I will agree that it was nice to hear them going old-school and recording one again.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:42 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
I love DM but I still can't get into Suicide & Redemtion. It just doesn't hold up well to these ears and is the weakest Metallica instrumental to date. Aside from that this is a great album (though not as good as the others sans the Load albums and St. Anger).
I LOVE S&R! It's nice to hear them do a killer instrumental track after all these years. The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 505193

While it's not my favorite instrumental by Metallica (that would be Anesthesia/Pulling Teeth), I will agree that it was nice to hear them going old-school and recording one again.

I can understand that and that could be why I find it weak. They haven't done one in while so I shouldn't expect it to be a classic.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:40 pm

Good points, y'all! For me, it'll always be ORION
and CALL OF KTULU!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:17 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
and CALL OF KTULU!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:19 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
and CALL OF KTULU!

headbanger
OLDSCHOOL METALLICA RULES! 🤘
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:21 pm

Where do you guys think Metallica will go from here in terms of future albums?

I know DM was released barely six months ago, but it's never too early to look towards the future, right?

Best case scenario (imo): They keep Rick Rubin at the helm, find a better mixing engineer, and renew their musical rivalry with Megadeth and try to out-back-to-their-roots each other, creating some 21st century thrash.

Worst case (Fact): St. Anger part 2! or they all die, somehow.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:27 pm

xyz wrote:

I know DM was released barely six months ago, but it's never too early to look towards the future, right?

Best case scenario (imo): They keep Rick Rubin at the helm, find a better mixing engineer, and renew their musical rivalry with Megadeth and try to out-back-to-their-roots each other, creating some 21st century thrash.

Worst case (Fact): St. Anger part 2! or they all die, somehow.
Totally agreed, brother! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:27 pm

xyz wrote:

No more sequels to The Unforgiven?

I think they'll keep moving in a positive direction. I think the've got a lot of their more experimental impulses out of their system and are ready to get back with straight heavy metal music. I don't think they'll ever be a cutting edge thrash band again but I get the impression they feel pressed by some of the younger acts out there and want to show they've still got some bite.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:29 pm

sheets wrote:
xyz wrote:

No more sequels to The Unforgiven?

I think they'll keep moving in a positive direction. I think the've got a lot of their more experimental impulses out of their system and are ready to get back with straight heavy metal music. I don't think they'll ever be a cutting edge thrash band again but I get the impression they feel pressed by some of the younger acts out there and want to show they've still got some bite.
PLEASE no more Unforgiven sequels. i thought Unforgiven II was pure filler material.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:18 pm

Metallica doesn't have anything to prove and I don't think they feel any "pressure" to compete with younger thrash bands. They re-discovered their roots but stayed true to themselves and DM is a nice combination of their older style with their mature sound.

I wouldn't get too excited about new music anytime soon though, Lars recently stated in an interview that an album every 5 years is good enough for them.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:27 pm

detuned wrote:
Metallica doesn't have anything to prove and I don't think they feel any "pressure" to compete with younger thrash bands. They re-discovered their roots but stayed true to themselves and DM is a nice combination of their older style with their mature sound.

I wouldn't get too excited about new music anytime soon though, Lars recently stated in an interview that an album every 5 years is good enough for them.
After all, they don't really NEED the money so much anymore. very happy happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:09 pm

I wasn't go to start a new thread for this. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to freak out over another Metallica thread. Uncle Sax should like this. Biff Byford joined the band for a rendition of "Motorcycle Man" in Paris on April 2nd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM6e1pwbq_c

Enjoy...
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:18 pm

Sorry, I already started a thread on that, Metalinmyveins.... Laughing

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/biff-byford-performs-motorcycle-man-with-metallica-t9377.htm?highlight=biff

Though, your video is better..
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:39 pm

This is what happens when you go on hiatus for a couple of weeks.

I'm so far behind! Damnit!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:03 pm

I hope they don't play more than 4 tracks from DM at their ATL show!
Back to top Go down
Critique Oblique
Metal novice
Metal novice
Critique Oblique

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:19 pm

7thSaviour wrote:

You didn't care for it? I thought it was huge for them to come back like that with a release like DM. It almost seems too good for a band like Metallica who had fallen so far to rebound with something of this quality. I have a feeling that they've had some outside help. And, more than just a talented producer.

As for the live show, I saw them a few months back and they played the first selections tracks from DM, along with Cyanide and The Day That Never Comes. This tracks sound amazing live. Tight as tight can be.

And, the rest of the set was all top shelf. Not one song from the sonic monstrosity that preceded DM. The rest was pretty evenly distributed between Lightning and Puppets. One each from Black and Grey, Sad But True and One. I can't think of anything they did from the Load albums. Then they gave us a couple from Kill 'Em All and bowed out. Superb show.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:22 pm

Critique Oblique wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

You didn't care for it? I thought it was huge for them to come back like that with a release like DM. It almost seems too good for a band like Metallica who had fallen so far to rebound with something of this quality. I have a feeling that they've had some outside help. And, more than just a talented producer.

As for the live show, I saw them a few months back and they played the first selections tracks from DM, along with Cyanide and The Day That Never Comes. This tracks sound amazing live. Tight as tight can be.

And, the rest of the set was all top shelf. Not one song from the sonic monstrosity that preceded DM. The rest was pretty evenly distributed between Lightning and Puppets. One each from Black and Grey, Sad But True and One. I can't think of anything they did from the Load albums. Then they gave us a couple from Kill 'Em All and bowed out. Superb show.
I didn't say I didn't like it, but it doesn't hold a candle to Testament's last CD! I think it's the best Metallica album sibce TBA, but that really isn't saying a lot.
Back to top Go down
Critique Oblique
Metal novice
Metal novice
Critique Oblique

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:01 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
I didn't say I didn't like it, but it doesn't hold a candle to Testament's last CD! I think it's the best Metallica album sibce TBA, but that really isn't saying a lot.

I've been telling everybody for months now that the new Testament beats out the latest Metallica. But, it's also the last two Exodus discs as well. Put up Shovel Headed Kill Machine against The Formation of Damnation. Pretty even. And, both of 'em slaughter Death Magnetic. Funny how the tables have turned twenty years down the road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5