Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread

Go down 
+25
Svengo
MetalRob331
exact33
T-Roy
kmorg
AchrisK
Chairman_Smith
scottmitchell74
mc666
Schbopo
SuprimuS
metalken
DallasBlack
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Thrasher73
MetalH
manny
TheGooch
thejokeriv
XYZ
sam
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:10 pm

detuned wrote:
The stereo in Lars' car probably costs more than all of my personal belongings...

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Lars is a dick.

Probably costs more then my house
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:13 pm

sam wrote:
detuned wrote:
The stereo in Lars' car probably costs more than all of my personal belongings...

Plus I'm sure Lars is deaf...if he wasn't then why would he choose that snare drum? lol!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:15 pm

detuned wrote:
sam wrote:
detuned wrote:

Plus I'm sure Lars is deaf...if he wasn't then why would he choose that snare drum? lol!

It makes such a nice sound...like popcorn on a cool evening.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:11 pm

Wow, this album has topped the charts for three straight weeks. Maybe metal is making a comeback in America. just kidding
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:39 am

xyz wrote:
Wow, this album has topped the charts for three straight weeks. Maybe metal is making a comeback in America. just kidding

I saw that too- glad to see they have had 3 weeks at number 1
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:52 am

thejokeriv wrote:
xyz wrote:

I saw that too- glad to see they have had 3 weeks at number 1

there was been a few metal, hard rock albums topping the US charts this year what with Slipknot and Disturbed and now Metallica
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:00 pm

Metal never went away and now with sales slummping it looks like music industry may have it' s bacon saved by not only Metallica, Distrubed, and Slipknot which all are platinum or approaching platinum, but also they expect big sellers from Staind, AC/DC, and of course Guns n Roses if that ever sees the light of day, and even thou Journey is not a metal band they do have a loyal following from hard rock/metal fans that has done very well, as has Judas Priest, Def Leppard, and better than average sales is also expected for the Queen/Paul Rodgers set.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:04 pm

Everything is a cycle...styles vanish from the charts for awhile...then they return. This has happened countless times since the late 60's.

Hell, even King's X hit the billboard top 200 with XV...that's the first time since Ear Candy in 1996.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:40 pm

Schbopo wrote:
For once, Lars may just be right.
Oh? I don't recall other metal bands having albums that sound like that.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 3:35 pm

detuned wrote:
Everything is a cycle...styles vanish from the charts for awhile...then they return. This has happened countless times since the late 60's.

True.

1000 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
For once, Lars may just be right.
Oh? I don't recall other metal bands having albums that sound like that.

there are a few out there. Remember those bands with no recording budget?
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 11:13 am

I thought this thread would have died by now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 11:30 am

MetalH wrote:
I thought this thread would have died by now. Laughing

Thanks for keeping it alive angry

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 2:12 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Anybody have a clue what James is talking about here?

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvaB2na9HDs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvaB2na9HDs[/quote[/url]]

BS...something about a cleansing of something. turds maybe... bad acid perhaps.. not quite sure.

there breaking it down way too far.. way too much disection and insight of how they made a new album its gayness. DM is good but are the spokespeople for Metallica (Hetfield< Ulrich) slightly retarded or what... my head hurts
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 5:22 pm

[quote="DenimAndLeather"]Anybody have a clue what James is talking about here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvaB2na9HDs[/quote]

I'll state this, I have at least one mannerism of James, he moves his arms all over the place when he talks. I've been told that I probably wouldn't have the ability to talk if I didn't have any arms (LOL)!

I wil state this about James, since his time in therapy, he tends to get very analytical. I don't mind this out of people, because that's the way I see myself to an extent, but like most who go down this avenue in life...they tend to repeat themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 6:01 pm

[quote="metalinmyveins"]
DenimAndLeather wrote:
Anybody have a clue what James is talking about here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvaB2na9HDs[/quote]

I'll state this, I have at least one mannerism of James, he moves his arms all over the place when he talks. I've been told that I probably wouldn't have the ability to talk if I didn't have any arms (LOL)!

I wil state this about James, since his time in therapy, he tends to get very analytical. I don't mind this out of people, because that's the way I see myself to an extent, but like most who go down this avenue in life...they tend to repeat themselves.

i dont mind it either... i love metallica... james is pretty cool... thats me just being a smartass!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:00 pm

Well just got my Death Magnetic Coffin Box Set. Ive been listening to the demos and I must say they are actually pretty good and the production isnt that bad. I dont really have a problem with the official album myself except for the day that never comes. Anyway its interesting to hear how these songs were originally done. I havent gotten through the whole thing yet but so far its pretty cool and for this alone it was worth the purchase.

P.S. This thread will never die!!!! lol!

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:35 pm

It's one of the few threads with some actual conversations going on, so I won't complain about it's daily return from the dead.

In a related note: One of my friends back in Virginia mentioned that the Metallica "mastering debate" actually made the business section of the local newspaper in Virginia Beach. They were discussing the need for Metallica to release the "Guitar Hero Mix" to the public for sale on CD...then fans could choose the version they want. This debate seems to have ranged outside the normal venues.

I also read the recent Rolling Stone article on the topic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:04 am

\'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:09 am

🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:27 pm

MASTERED BY MUPPETS

End of session day, Rubin works away:
I'm your source of song-destruction
Tunes that hurt you ear, poor sound engineer
Leaving spikes on my instruction
Trust me you will see
Volumes all you need
Dedicated to
How I'll limit you

Compressing faster
Limit your Master
Your albums sell faster
With a loud Master
Master

Mastered by muppets, brickwalling your dreams
Clipping, distorting and smashing extremes
Ruined by me, you can't hear a thing
Just spiking snares, and auto-tuned screams
Mastered
Mastered
Rubins my name, and I'll hear you scream
Bastard
Bastard

Need to mix this way, never you dismay
Loud makes death magnetic clearer
Gain monopoly, ritual Waves L3
Squash your tracks til its severe
Gate and you will see
More and more dB
Dedicated to
How Im killing you

Compressing faster
Limit your Master
Your albums sell faster
With a loud Master
Master

Mastered by muppets, brickwalling your dreams
Clipping, distorting and smashing extremes
Ruined by me, you can't hear a thing
Just spiking snares, and auto-tuned screams
Mastered
Mastered
Rubins my name, and I'll hear you scream
Bastard
Bastard

Master, Master, where's the version I've been after?
Bearded, Bastard, you promised only lies
Blaster, Blaster, recorded on a ghetto blaster?
Laughter, laughter, laughing at those highs
Spike to me!

Lars aint worth all that natural kick and hats
Kirk adds wah without a reason
Never ending phrase, Jaymz goes on for days
Rob, your shirt is out of season
Ill record til 5 (then)
I will help you buy
Sandals that suit you
Now you look cool too

i did not make this up. its off blabber. i think its amusing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:31 pm

On a sort-of related note, the paper sez it's Robert Trujillo's 44th birthday today.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
On a sort-of related note, the paper sez it's Robert Trujillo's 44th birthday today.

44 huh? I would've thought younger. Well, Happy b-day, Bob.

I finally got my copy from e-bay and I gotta admit I'm liking what I hear. My ear isn't as finely tuned as others, so the mixing issue doesn't bother me. It's leaps & bound better than St. Anger (and really, how could it not be?). My only criticism at this point is Unforgiven III. Was this really necessary? Eh, whatever. It's better than I expected it to be. $6 well spent.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

He's been around a long time. I saw him play with Suicidal Tendencies almost 20 years ago!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

He's been around a long time. I saw him play with Suicidal Tendencies almost 20 years ago!!

Now that you mention it, I saw him with Suicidal (or was it Infectious Grooves?) years ago opening for Ozzy's "No More Tours" retirement tour back around '91 or '92 I guess.

PostSubject: Re: The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread   The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Metallica - Death Magnetic Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next