Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...

Go down 
+21
kmorg
T-Roy
the sentinel
sam
Required Fields
nevermore
TrogDawn
Svengo
Lurideath
Addy
spiritoradio
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Necrosultan
candlemass
mc666
akeldama
manny
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Empty
PostSubject: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:23 am

Quote :
BLONDE JOVI CHANGE THEIR NAME AFTER LEGAL THREAT FROM BON JOVI:

April 7, 2009

All-girl Bon Jovi covers band Blonde Jovi have changed their name after
being bullied by the Bon Jovi's lawyers and threatened with legal
action.

In what comes across as a complete piece of celebrity
arrogance, Blonde Jovi were issued with a legal letter demanding they
change their name because it "creates a likelihood of confusion" with
the supergroup.

Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... 0407bon

The
letter from legal firm Blakely Sokoloff Taylor & Zafman stated that
"In view of the above, we demand, on behalf of our client, that you and
your band immediately (i) cease and desist any and all further use of
the mark and name BLONDE JOVI, or any other mark or name similar to our
client's BON JOVI mark, in any manner".

The demand was even more pathetic when it stated that, "We
have no objection to your use of the word BLONDE as long as it is not
used in combination with JOVI."

Blonde Jovi will now be known as Blonde Jersey but they could have been called Boob Jovi.

At a posting at their MySpace site (www.myspace.com/blondejovi), in a mood described as "pissed off", the band has issued the following statement:

"Due to threatened legal action by Jon Bon Jovi's attorneys, we
will no longer be using the name BLONDE JOVI. We are temporarily
calling ourselves BLONDE JERSEY, until we come up with a new name. If
you have any name suggestions, please email us! Nothing containing
JOVI, or anything similar to JOVI may be used so BLONDE GIOVI, BLONDE
JOE V, BLONDE JOVIE, are not options. Thanks for your support!"

"Too bad we didn't go with our original name idea of BOOB JOVI!".

Too bad indeed but then again, maybe its better to leave that one for Jon to change his band's name too.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news09/0407bon.shtml

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:32 am

Heard about this a couple of days ago. Pretty pathetic. I love this part:

Quote :
Blonde Jovi were issued with a legal letter demanding they change their name because it "creates a likelihood of confusion" with the supergroup.

Yeah, I'm sure lots of people are "confused" when they go to a bar and grill for a BLONDE Jovi show and find out it's not BON Jovi. Riiiiiight.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:37 am

As if I needed another reason to dislike Bon Jovi.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:39 am

Greed wins out over common sense, I doubt Blonde Jovi where putting a serious dent on Bon Jovi's wallet.

Maybe Bon Scott's estate should have sued Bon Jovi, after all we would not to confuse fans, and the Elvis Presley estate should have sued Elvis Costello, it is almost impossible to tell them apart, god what a silly bunch of bastards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:43 am

Bon Jovi is hands down the LUCKIEST band on the planet...third rate band (and that's me being nice) that should have died out by 1990 but have somehow managed to keep spreading their mediocrity into the new century unabated.

Jon is a BON JERK OFF.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:44 am

They oughta change the name of the band to "JON, BLOW ME"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:45 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
lol! lol! lol!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:46 am

"Oh darn, I bought these tickets to see Blonde Jovi at a local nightclub. I'm so pissed because I thought it was BON Jovi." insane surprised Suspect

At the same time, Bon Jovi may have had nothing to do with it. It could very well have been his management that perpetrated this act.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:56 am

detuned wrote:
Bon Jovi is hands down the LUCKIEST band on the planet...third rate band (and that's me being nice) that should have died out by 1990 but have somehow managed to keep spreading their mediocrity into the new century unabated.

I gotta give Bon Jovi credit for this much. They were smart... when the hair metal movement crashed into the brick wall known as "grunge," rather than try to follow the winds of change, they simply went on hiatus and disappeared for a couple of years. Jon tried his hand at acting for a while, the other guys did solo projects, etc., etc. They were gone just long enough for their fans to miss them, so when they did finally come back, they came back HUGE.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:03 am

I am a fair whether fan of Bon Jovi but I have to agree with detuned, luckiest band in the world, I find it hard to believe that they have managed to hold on to their success for over 20 years.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

headbanger Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... 647664 Monty Python
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:27 pm

i can see Iron Maiden's management team calling their lawyers now.
"there's this girl band out there confusing our fans."

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:34 pm

mc666 wrote:
i can see Iron Maiden's management team calling their lawyers now.
"there's this girl band out there confusing our fans."

Laughing very hard

IRON PETTICOAT
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... 647664 ........and so true!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Necrosultan
Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:46 pm

This is really low... even lower than playing country music.

Jovi should feel honored a band full of nice looking femmes pays tribute to them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:55 pm

Thankfully Led Zeppelin, have a better sense of humor since they have never threatened tribute female act Lez Zeppelin with legal action, and these ladies even released a CD.

And of course AC/DC could careless about the female tribute band AC/DSHE. Blonde Jersey is a cooler name anyway, unless the state of New Jersey goes after them.

http://www.acdshe.com/

http://www.lezzeppelin.com/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:56 pm

This does seem like a douchey move for someone like Bon Jovi, which does make me wonder how much of this action is actually Jon himself and how much is lawyers, agents, public relations people, managers etc. telling him that something should be done. At the end of the day, it's still his name on the letterhead, so he's gonna have to face the criticism.

It makes little difference to me either way. Unless one of those girls is spinning around on a pole during "Living on a Prayer", I'm not supporting them or Jon.

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:04 pm

I liked them through Keep The Faith and my wife has the new one as she likes country.
This doesn't sound like a band thing, they've never done anything like this before but they could tell their lawyers to back off.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:24 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I liked them through Keep The Faith and my wife has the new one as she likes country.
This doesn't sound like a band thing, they've never done anything like this before but they could tell their lawyers to back off.

Love Keep The Faith and various 80s hits but that is as far as I go. After hearing about this I doubt I would even consider giving them any more of my money. Totally lame and just another example of frivolous lawsuits that need to stop.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:33 pm

I feel bad for these ladies, there is nothing worse than to learn that the person that you look up to, is nothing more than a jerk.

Although I do see where people could get confused, I mean look at the comparison:

Bon Jovi
Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Bonjovi

Blonde Jovi
Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Blondejovi
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:47 pm

Is Bum Jovi starving for media attention, I gotta say I like Bon Jovi but after this he's lost points with me
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:52 pm

Well it seems as if these female tribute bands are plentiful. I know 3 AC/DC tribute bands, an Iron Maiden tribute band, Led Zeppeling, Black Sabbath, and more. These girls should start playing their own music sometime.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:58 pm

I'll be interested to see where this leaves all the tribute bands that have used a similar naming scheme for their band in relation to the actual group. This is of course only a scare-tactic to get them to change the name. Whether this would have held up in actual legal proceedings is a different matter.

I guess you're mostly gonna here about this kind of thing in regard to well known bands. You're not likely to hear about Cannibal Corpse suing Cannabis Corpse for a name change.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm with toho, that is SOOOOO lame
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...   Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bon Jovi takes a lesson from Gene Simmons on how to treat fans...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next