Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ever seen movies with Gene Simmons

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
INVADERS
JBall_Z
Troublezone
kmorg
fingers
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Empty
PostSubject: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:49 am

Only saw Wanted Dead or Alive with that german actor Rutger Haur.
I thought Gene did a terrific job playing that Arab terrorist. I heard he did some other movies back then any good?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:45 am

I've seen them all. My favorite is "Runaway" with Tom Selleck. But "Wanted Dead Or Alive" is cool too. "Red Surf" is only ok, and "Too Young To Die" (with Gene in drag!!) is not very good.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:51 am

Trick or Treat as "Nuke".
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:20 am

Troublezone wrote:
Trick or Treat as "Nuke".

How the heck did I forget this one?? That is a great/bad movie!

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:22 am

Wasn't he also in "The New Guy" not too long ago?
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:40 am

Wanted Dead or Alive was an excellent film with Simmons in, and he played a good part, although small part in Trick or Treat but i think that's all the films i've seen him in.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:30 am

Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park! 🤘

Very Happy

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:32 am

He's also in "Detroit Rock City" of course but that's kind of a gimme.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:20 am

ultmetal wrote:
Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park! 🤘

Very Happy

🤘 🤘 🤘

Also, Runaway is his best movie. That was on HDNET Movies recently - had to watch it again!!!!!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:43 am

Wow! Runaway. That's a forgotten memory. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:45 am

I haven't seen "Runaway" in years. About all I remember from it are the cool little robot spiders, and Gene's godawful helmet-hair 'do...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I haven't seen "Runaway" in years. About all I remember from it are the cool little robot spiders, and Gene's godawful helmet-hair 'do...

Yea, the spiders shot acid or something didn't they?

I've only seen Runaway and Trick or Treat. I haven't seen Runaway in years. I remember it being pretty cool when I was a teen. Anyone seen it lately? How has it held up?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:49 am

You cools are really diehard KISS fans, I have never liked any of the movies Gene Simmons has acted in, and I am not sure if anyone remembers the show 'Third Watch' he did a few episodes during its final season, he was good on that show, but the storyline blew chunks and the show had already jumped the shark.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:06 am

manny wrote:
You cools are really diehard KISS fans, I have never liked any of the movies Gene Simmons has acted in, and I am not sure if anyone remembers the show 'Third Watch' he did a few episodes during its final season, he was good on that show, but the storyline blew chunks and the show had already jumped the shark.

Well, to be fair, Trick or Treat falls into the 'so bad, it's good' category. Smile And Gene's performance neither made or broke the film. It could have been anyone in that role. I'd have to rewatch Runaway to see if Gene or the movie holds up after all these years.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:13 am

Yea, Gene's appearance in "Trick Or Treat" amounts to little more than a glorified cameo. Same with Ozzy Osbourne's "role" as a TV preacher. The total amount of film time in which they appear is probably about two minutes, combined. That didn't stop the company that released this DVD from putting their names above the title and their faces on the cover though.

ever seen movies with Gene Simmons 51Z0Iu4A%2BuL._SL500_AA240_

Quote :
I haven't seen Runaway in years. I remember it being pretty cool when I was a teen. Anyone seen it lately? How has it held up?

The last time I saw Runaway was probably a good 15 years ago now, when it turned up on HBO one night. It hadn't aged well even then, so I imagine it probably looks even worse now.

I felt sorriest for Tom Selleck after watching it. That poor guy could've been Indiana Jones if he hadn't been locked into his Magnum, P.I. contract. Then his big jump into film-dom after Magnum ended was "Runaway." I hope he smacked his agent around a little.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:21 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yea, Gene's appearance in "Trick Or Treat" amounts to little more than a glorified cameo. Same with Ozzy Osbourne's "role" as a TV preacher. The total amount of film time in which they appear is probably about two minutes, combined. That didn't stop the company that released this DVD from putting their names above the title and their faces on the cover though.

ever seen movies with Gene Simmons 51Z0Iu4A%2BuL._SL500_AA240_

Quote :
I haven't seen Runaway in years. I remember it being pretty cool when I was a teen. Anyone seen it lately? How has it held up?

The last time I saw Runaway was probably a good 15 years ago now, when it turned up on HBO one night. It hadn't aged well even then, so I imagine it probably looks even worse now.

I felt sorriest for Tom Selleck after watching it. That poor guy could've been Indiana Jones if he hadn't been locked into his Magnum, P.I. contract. Then his big jump into film-dom after Magnum ended was "Runaway." I hope he smacked his agent around a little.

I've seen that dvd box at the cut-out bins in Walmart and I cracked up at that pic. Not only are both of those guys barely in the film (Oz especially), but that pic of 'No More Tears'-era Ozzy is about 15 years older than the 'Bark at the Moon'-era Ozzy that actually appears in the film.

Metal student
Metal student
80smetalrocks

Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:14 am

I love Trick Or Treat.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:31 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I've seen that dvd box at the cut-out bins in Walmart and I cracked up at that pic. Not only are both of those guys barely in the film (Oz especially), but that pic of 'No More Tears'-era Ozzy is about 15 years older than the 'Bark at the Moon'-era Ozzy that actually appears in the film.

I bought this DVD at Walmart. When I threw it in our shopping cart my wife sez "What's this movie about?" and I sez "Oh, you're going to HATE it but believe me, I have to own this."

But yea, they picked two of the most unflattering pix of Ozzy and Gene in existence to put on that cover didn't they? Good grief.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:36 am

They should of just kept the original cover with the rocker guy on fire. Oz and Gene are barely in the movie and kids are going to think it's some rock allstar adventure flick.

ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Trick-or-treat-box
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:40 am

Troublezone wrote:
They should of just kept the original cover with the rocker guy on fire. Oz and Gene are barely in the movie and kids are going to think it's some rock allstar adventure flick.

No matter which cover they use, more than likely kids are going to look at it and think "Wow, this movie looks like it sucks"... and they'd kinda be right... though it sucks in a good way. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:42 am

It's one of my favorite 80's films. I guess i like cheesy B movies...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:44 am

Oh yea, don't get me wrong, I love B-Movies too.

Not to mention, similar "rock horror" films like "Black Roses" make "Trick or Treat" look like "Citizen Kane" by comparison.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oh yea, don't get me wrong, I love B-Movies too.

Not to mention, similar "rock horror" films like "Black Roses" make "Trick or Treat" look like "Citizen Kane" by comparison.

Like the long neck demon with boobs scene. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:51 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I recommend sticking with your memories instead of watching it again.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:59 pm

don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ever seen movies with Gene Simmons   ever seen movies with Gene Simmons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ever seen movies with Gene Simmons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next