Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...

Go down 
+25
Grimmo
James B.
Metalgiant
Conservationist
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
sovdat
325ad
SlaytanicPOWER
MetalFRO
Leatherface
Chairman_Smith
Stender
nevermore
jstate
Required Fields
exact33
stevegarveyfan
TrogDawn
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
stepcousin
kmorg
biddle
ultmetal
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:05 am

Metalgiant wrote:
Oh really have to add one killer Demo:
REVELATION-"Spiritual Wind"

The guys from Florida, who later changed their name to DAUPHIN.
Some of the member also played in a Band called BROTHER GRIMM.

Would you consider all these bands Christian, Olaf?

Revelation is back together, I think. They have released 2 or 3 titles this year!

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:23 pm

kmorg wrote:
Metalgiant wrote:
Oh really have to add one killer Demo:
REVELATION-"Spiritual Wind"

The guys from Florida, who later changed their name to DAUPHIN.
Some of the member also played in a Band called BROTHER GRIMM.

Would you consider all these bands Christian, Olaf?

Revelation is back together, I think. They have released 2 or 3 titles this year!

Just got Revelation - Spiritual Wind on cdr..

Alex

Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:03 am

REVELATION/DAUPHIN were 100% christian, btw the REVLEATION you are talking about has nothing to do with the band I mean.
The Florida guys I mentioned played classic Power Metal in the line of BARREN CROSS, IRON MAIDEN.....

As for NONPOINT/NONPOINT FACTOR, no do not think they were a christian band like NARNIA or STRYPER but came from a christian background and were lyrically more into social things.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:07 am

Metalgiant wrote:
REVELATION/DAUPHIN were 100% christian, btw the REVLEATION you are talking about has nothing to do with the band I mean.
The Florida guys I mentioned played classic Power Metal in the line of BARREN CROSS, IRON MAIDEN.....

As for NONPOINT/NONPOINT FACTOR, no do not think they were a christian band like NARNIA or STRYPER but came from a christian background and were lyrically more into social things.

i like that nonpoint factor demo...

Alex

grandeped
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 4:21 pm

I would also like to see some Scapegoat stuff put out. Kind of groovy and and funny stuff. There has been talk of that over on the HM magazine board, where former members of Scapegoat have been reading and commenting, so that may happen.

The Wickeds End demos were released recently by Glenn Rowlands, for about $3 or something insanely low like that. I don't think they were cleaned up a whole lot, but there were some unreleased tracks on there.

I would second the Precious Death, also. Our Stinkin' Demo + Some New Songs. I have never actually even seen a complete song list for Some New Songs. What is on there? Isn't there a cover song there? I have Our Stinkin's Demo - pretty cool. Maybe someone will trade me a CDR of Some New Song for a CDR of Our Stinkin' Demo?
Back to top Go down
HamburgerBoy
Metal novice
Metal novice
HamburgerBoy

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 5:59 pm

Ulysses Siren's Above the Ashes is excellent, and Have Mercy's The Years of Mercy (while inconsistent, with several vocalists and lead guitarists throughout) has some really great thrash as well.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:39 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
IMMORTAL (pre-CIRCLE OF DUST)

Thick, thick, thick, thick, thick headed mule... Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 4 877540

Thick-Headed Mule was first released on the demo they relesased under the Justifide Rebellion name.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:41 pm

Metalgiant wrote:

Saw my mistake after I posted.

So did Dauphin release anything? Was the Brother Grimm band a Christian band? What did they release?

Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:07 pm

I'd like to see more older Cryptic Slaughter and COC demos/live reissued.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:07 pm

kmorg wrote:
Metalgiant wrote:

Saw my mistake after I posted.

So did Dauphin release anything? Was the Brother Grimm band a Christian band? What did they release?

The Brother Grimm might have been Christian guys but the musics lyrical content was purely fairy tale and fable based.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4