Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...

Go down 
+25
Grimmo
James B.
Metalgiant
Conservationist
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
sovdat
325ad
SlaytanicPOWER
MetalFRO
Leatherface
Chairman_Smith
Stender
nevermore
jstate
Required Fields
exact33
stevegarveyfan
TrogDawn
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
stepcousin
kmorg
biddle
ultmetal
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:31 pm

Metalgiant wrote:
I am not sure about the members of HERO from Ak.
I only have an review of their first Demo and in that review only the leadsingers name is mentioned, his first name is Tony, they were 3 piece and from Juneau.
I also know that the played some gigs with BLOODGOOD.

The reason I ask is that both of those guys played on Neon Cross' "Torn" cd and mentioned to me that they were in a band called Hero and not the same band that had
Robbie Brauns and Glenn Rodgers in it back in the late 80's.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:31 am

kmorg wrote:
stepcousin wrote:
I would really like to hear the Moshketeers someday.

I have the tape, and a CDR, but I'd love to have a proper reissue on CD.

I've got the cassette too. A bit nervous about playing it too much, ... in case it stretches and terminates. affraid It's a rare speciman.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi James,
As for HERO (Alaska), I think you are right.
I read in a old HM that the guys you mentioned were playing in PASSION first and before that at least Troy played in HERO before.
And yes I think it was the band from Alaska because I compared old NEON CROSS pics and the HERO pic on the net and yes at least one of the guys can be found on both pics.

Talking about re-releases how about:
BLOOD JUSTICE from NM, MORTAL ENEMY, DERACINATION, LAZARUS (UK), LAZARUS-"Breaking..." and the Thrashy LAZARUS.
There were so many great bands out there, ahh and don`t forget TORAH or the HOLY SOLDIER Demos (the ones with Robby and the ones with Steven)..... or KNIGHTRIOT..

Now, the final question how can we make that all happen, how can we bring this Demos on CD, how can we find the bands and how can we convince them to finally release their stuff?
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:59 pm

Mortal Enemy would be good, if you are speaking of the band from Germany in the mid 90's. 🤘

Last edited by 325ad on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:04 pm

No I mean the US Band.
I am not sure if I`ve ever heard the German one.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Not familar with one from the US Metalgiant, any linkage?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 6:47 pm

Metalgiant wrote:
Hi James,
As for HERO (Alaska), I think you are right.
I read in a old HM that the guys you mentioned were playing in PASSION first and before that at least Troy played in HERO before.
And yes I think it was the band from Alaska because I compared old NEON CROSS pics and the HERO pic on the net and yes at least one of the guys can be found on both pics.

Talking about re-releases how about:
BLOOD JUSTICE from NM, MORTAL ENEMY, DERACINATION, LAZARUS (UK), LAZARUS-"Breaking..." and the Thrashy LAZARUS.
There were so many great bands out there, ahh and don`t forget TORAH or the HOLY SOLDIER Demos (the ones with Robby and the ones with Steven)..... or KNIGHTRIOT..

Now, the final question how can we make that all happen, how can we bring this Demos on CD, how can we find the bands and how can we convince them to finally release their stuff?

I liked Holy Soldier when Robby was up front. Knightriot was great too

Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:34 pm

I got a copy of the HS Demo some time ago, Robby sent it to me but also the Demo with Steven is good, songs like "Lake Of Fire"..... are great.
The band should really re-rlease their old stuff as for example GUARDIAN had done.

As for KNIGHTRIOT, still not know why they haven`t released their stuff yet , their myspace page is huge, they put tons of infos on it.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:06 pm

Metalgiant wrote:
No I mean the US Band.

If you're talking about the Mortal Enemy from the midwest who sounded like a cross between Vengeance Rising and Betrayal (but doomier), then YES!!! The bassist in my old band had a demo of theirs w/ this crazy moshing dude on the cover (he was blonde on the one side, and had jet-black hair on the other). I'd love to see a CD reissue of all their demo material, because I've not heard those songs for years, and they were pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:21 am

MetalFRO wrote:
Metalgiant wrote:
No I mean the US Band.

If you're talking about the Mortal Enemy from the midwest who sounded like a cross between Vengeance Rising and Betrayal (but doomier), then YES!!! The bassist in my old band had a demo of theirs w/ this crazy moshing dude on the cover (he was blonde on the one side, and had jet-black hair on the other). I'd love to see a CD reissue of all their demo material, because I've not heard those songs for years, and they were pretty awesome.

You're talking about Tame the Beast Within. I have another demo of theirs called Blessed Death. They weren't bad, but they were pretty much low- to mid-tier thrash. Neither sucky nor great.
Back to top Go down
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 4:00 am

Oh really have to add one killer Demo:
REVELATION-"Spiritual Wind"

The guys from Florida, who later changed their name to DAUPHIN.
Some of the member also played in a Band called BROTHER GRIMM.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:31 am

Metalgiant wrote:
Oh really have to add one killer Demo:
REVELATION-"Spiritual Wind"

The guys from Florida, who later changed their name to DAUPHIN.
Some of the member also played in a Band called BROTHER GRIMM.

Brother Grimm they were a good band I saw their disc just the other day and thought about getting it.

The Mortal Enemy from Littleton Colorado, can some body post their album cover(s)?
Thanks. I can not seem to place these guys.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:55 am

[quote="exact33"]
ultmetal wrote:
A few I'd like to see released:
Damascus Timeless
Damascus Soon the Doors Will Be Open

Alex

Apparently these exists together on something called "Damascus Anthology II". I have no idea if there ever was a volume 1 though....

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:12 am

One I've wanted to see (though I've heard it's aboutt to be put on disc):

Hammerwitch - Legacy Of Pain

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 7:45 am

IMMORTAL (pre-CIRCLE OF DUST)
ORACLE - 'Captain Crunch' demo
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 7:52 am

Oh, and two other EXCELLENT pieces of power / thrash that I don't THINK have been released to CD are the first two Amboog-a-lard demos from '90 and '91.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Weren't you talking to someone, besides Retroactive, who foolishly backed out, on re-releasing the Oracle stuff?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Thick, thick, thick, thick, thick headed mule... Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 877540

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:59 am

kmorg wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Weren't you talking to someone, besides Retroactive, who foolishly backed out, on re-releasing the Oracle stuff?

Yes...it's still going to happen, but it's in line with other stuff...Divebomb Records, who just released CD's from TKO, SARGANT FURY, SOLITUDE and DOMINANCE is going to do it...but it'll be next year...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:08 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yes...it's still going to happen, but it's in line with other stuff...Divebomb Records, who just released CD's from TKO, SARGANT FURY, SOLITUDE and DOMINANCE is going to do it...but it'll be next year...

That is awesome! I can't wait to finally own a proper version of it!

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:14 am

kmorg wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

That is awesome! I can't wait to finally own a proper version of it!

It's been remastered (well) for the reissue as bonus tracks on the newly remastered Selah...Matt was bummed that his distributors in Europe passed on it, so he let me have the remaster he paid for...class act. Divebomb is going to put some really cool packaging on it, new cover, liner notes, etc...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:16 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
Metalgiant wrote:
No I mean the US Band.

I still have that on cassette.The guy on the cover always reminded me of Allister Fiend. Pretty good stuff though.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:16 pm

I'd love to see Sekel and Order of Chaos released on CD. The production was terrible, but the music was just stellar!
Back to top Go down
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:53 am

As I remember from the ashes of SEKEL and ORDER OF CHAOS came NONPOINT/NONPOINT FACTOR. They are now a very successful Nu-Metal band but back in their Demo days they played a cool mix of Thrash and Power Metal, really like their demos.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:19 am

I'd love to a deluxe remastered reissue of Recon's Behind Enemy Lines, together with demos, rehearsal tracks, and live recordings. If I would've had the money for it, I'd even release it on vinyl, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next