Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...

Go down 
+5
zombiewalkin
TrogDawn
mc666
arttieTHE1manparty
Fat Freddy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Empty
PostSubject: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 9:11 pm

Ian Christe, author of the (EXCELLENT) heavy metal history book "Sound of the Beast: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal" and a columnist for numerous metal magazines, is also owner of a blog site called "Bang Bang Blog," which is devoted to old-school thrash & death metal demo tapes from the 80s. Ian has got about 20 demos posted on this blog so far (available for download) and new ones are being added every week. Ian promises that he'll eventually get around to digitizing all of the demos from his personal collection (apparently he was a big time tape trader back in the day so his collection is quite huge) to preserve the music for future generations. There are some interesting obscure little goodies there, such as Forced Entry's THRASHING HELPLESS DOWN demo and At War's EAT LEAD tape, among a few others... check it out and enjoy...

http://bangbangblog.info/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 10:02 pm

Nice find! Ice Age is a killer band. Definitely download it.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 10:33 pm

Have them all...but there are some good ones there...

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 10:35 pm

Ooops...I lied. I don't have Tormenta....

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 1:01 am

great stuff, thanks for the link Fred

TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 3:06 am

Nice ACCEPT R&W demos! 🤘
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 9:14 am

Oooooooooh At War's Eat Lead! Totally cool! Reminds me I need to get in touch with Paul Arnold and see what is up with these guys.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 9:28 am

I have two AT WAR 7" vinyls coming my way.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 9:35 am

zombiewalkin wrote:
Oooooooooh At War's Eat Lead! Totally cool! Reminds me I need to get in touch with Paul Arnold and see what is up with these guys.

I was just listening to that one in the car this morning. I had forgotten about their classic anthem to female empowerment, "Rape Chase"
lol!

Glad y'all are digging these finds!! Eyesore, you are right, that Ice Age stuff was pretty killer... I remember seeing reviews of their tapes in Metal Forces and other 'zines back in the day but never checked'em out back then. Better late than never eh?
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 2:19 pm

Stigmatador uploaded a ton of demos to one of those file share sites bakc when this board was at EZBoard. It may still make sense to grab these. If they were recoded by a different person, they may be of better or different quality than these that I already have.

ack
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 10:05 pm

The newest addition to Ian's blog is the IN THE GRIP OF EVIL demo by Belgian thrash legends Cyclone, if anybody is interested.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:58 pm

Dang, this is an old thread. Took me a while to find it...

Just wanted to mention that Ian Christe's blog is still goin' strong, under a new name ("Bazillion Points") and it still has that sweet archive of classic demo downloads...

http://blog.bazillionpoints.com/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:20 pm

Nice dude! I used to go to bazillionpoints all the time...but lost the link...thanks for bumpin this freddy, your a saint sent from on high to guide thrashers back on the narrow road brother.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Cool, I have to look into it when I have more time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:55 pm

Stender wrote:
Nice dude! I used to go to bazillionpoints all the time...but lost the link...thanks for bumpin this freddy, your a saint sent from on high to guide thrashers back on the narrow road brother.

🤘 10/10!!! headbanger \'arry \'eadbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...   Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cool Ol'School Thrash Demos on Ian Christe's blog...
Page 1 of 1