Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...

Go down 
+25
Grimmo
James B.
Metalgiant
Conservationist
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
sovdat
325ad
SlaytanicPOWER
MetalFRO
Leatherface
Chairman_Smith
Stender
nevermore
jstate
Required Fields
exact33
stevegarveyfan
TrogDawn
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
stepcousin
kmorg
biddle
ultmetal
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:38 pm

exact33 wrote:

Vigilance Vigilance

Wasnt this remastered in 2007? I have that on cd if its the same one you're talking about Alex.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:11 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
If Alex don't have it, or hasn't at one time had it, it don't exist [Christian metal wise]. I have, probably, 50 old cdrs that I got from you all those years ago! Talking about it makes me want to pull them out again.

Smile

the old Christian metal on cdr list is still growing!! I just did an update on my list today!

http://exact3.tripod.com/cdrlist.html

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:11 am

thrasher73 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Vigilance Vigilance

Wasnt this remastered in 2007? I have that on cd if its the same one you're talking about Alex.

what are the songs?

Alex

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:05 am

Having an official version of No Life Till Leather would kick ass.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:20 am

All the demos by Death. There has been bootlegs, but I'd like to see a actual release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:52 am

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Yeah, why cant' we have the Angelic Force stuff on CD??

Robert wanted to release that stuff on CD. I don't think he could get hold of the master tapes.

Weren't they lost in a fire or something? Nevertheless, there are ways to clean up old cassettes and vinyl too. Wink

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:19 am

kmorg wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Robert wanted to release that stuff on CD. I don't think he could get hold of the master tapes.

Weren't they lost in a fire or something? Nevertheless, there are ways to clean up old cassettes and vinyl too. Wink

No, they were not lost in the fire. Robert actually talked with a couple of the former members of the band and I believe it was the drummer's father has the master tapes. It would be cool to get those old songs onto CD. The old singer, Stacy, is still good friends with Robert and I think is listed in our Top 30 on our MySpace.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:39 pm

I would love to see an Angelic Force cd!!

Alex

Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:52 pm

exact33 wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Vigilance Vigilance

what are the songs?

Alex

"The Time has Come"
Fight(we'll take a stand)
Runnin
Revelation of the Damned
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
TA few I'd like to see released:
PRECIOUS DEATH - Our Stinkin' Demo
RED INK - Raw Meat & Brutal Recompense (although I've seen on Metal-Archives this one was released, though I've never seen it.)
LIVING SACRIFICE - Not Yielding to Ungodly
IMMORTAL - Dead & Buried (pre-Circle of Dust)
THE MOSHKETEERS - The Downward Spiral
RAPTURE - Vacation from Hell

Scott, what can I say. I love you man. Awesome list, and I am in 100% agreement. Matter of fact, somebody should make all the Moshketeers and Rapture stuff into a single collection - THAT would be killer! Also, the "Our Stinkin' Demo" and "Some New Songs" cassettes would be sweet together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:06 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Vigilance Vigilance

what are the songs?

Alex

"The Time has Come"
Fight(we'll take a stand)
Runnin
Revelation of the Damned

that would it! Ill have check out the official release!

Thanks!
Alex

Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:33 am

Girder has that Vigilance Alex.Thats where I got mine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:34 am

I have that Vigilance CD in a drawer somewhere. I swear I got it from either thrasher or exact.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:14 am

SpectreFate wrote:
I have that Vigilance CD in a drawer somewhere. I swear I got it from either thrasher or exact.

Wasnt me bro,I've still got mine
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:43 pm

This is essentially a compiling of Vader's earlier stuff plus it has extras

It's a great listen for any Vader fan. They have some covers in it also (e.g. Hell Awaits by Slayer, Immortal Rites by Morbid Angel)

Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 F_reborninm_ef34ba9
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:58 pm

Hello, This my first official post here! With Firestream dying IE in need of a new server I decided to come over to here. As my first official post I am starting with a plea. I am desperately seeking the following demos in no order I want and need these all:

Tempest : Annihilation of the Wicked
GodHead - The one that was signed to A.R.T.
Antic :
Inborn: These guys did 5 songs with Scott Burns at Morrissound. Was not Released.
Covenant : Not the Aussie band the Georgia one
Drop Dead - Death by Fusion
Red Ink - Both Demos ( Raw Meat and Brutal Recompense)
Ritual : Crematorium of the Deceased
External Decease - Blasphemies Instilled
Palvonta
Korsferd - Yeah I know they went on to become Vaakevandring

I had all of these at one time except for the Inborn and Palvonta. Boo Hoo

HEY ADMIN. Embarassed I just noticed this thread was posted in "Demo Reissues" move it if it does not fit here. Thanks.

Last edited by 325ad on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:18 pm

Deicide-Amon:Feasting the Beast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:22 am

Two must haves for thrash fans:

PAPSMEAR - Music to Kill By CD / DVD - collection of demo / live recordings, great Las Vegas thrash similar to old Dark Angel etc.

ARMOROS - Piece by Piece 3CD BOX - their unreleased '88 album + demo / live recordings, Canadian thrash ala classic Dark Angel, Kreator etc.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 1:04 pm

I dunno if this exactly qualifies as a "demo" CD release because it also includes some live stuff and other odds and sods along with demos, but one of my favorite "etcetera" releases is Raven's RAW TRACKS....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:20 pm

The Papsmear is more of a crossover band. Far from Dark Angel. Still good though!
Back to top Go down
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:46 am

jstate wrote:
Insecticide - Insecticide

They're selling something on CD at their shows... I think it's older material, not sure if it's the demo.
Back to top Go down
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 4:53 am

As for VIGILANCE, the Demo has been offically re-rleased by the band and this is the CD you all have. The also have an unreleased older killertrack on their myspace page, in my opinion better than the 4 song on the demo, check it out. There is also a preview of a new song but this one is not so much my cup of tea.

As for Demos that have to be re-released:
My Number ones would be of course TEMPEST and DROP DEAD in a nice package.
Great would be also a re-release of the H.E.R.O. (California) stuff.
The HERO from Alaska also released an legendary tape called "Risen", maybe this is also good enough for a CD relase.

EZRA-The Choice, a must a killer tape, sadly the band has no longer the masters but a good quality tape copy as source for a re-release would be o.k. I think.

THEE FINAL CHAPTRE-"It is Written..." , I love this tape, could not find the band yet.

ZION/DRAGONNE, I am still hoping for this. ZION were one of the few bands who ever got a full hour show/report on Germany TV.

A CD/DVD package would be nice including the report their Demos, the EP and some live stuff...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:44 am

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

No, they were not lost in the fire. Robert actually talked with a couple of the former members of the band and I believe it was the drummer's father has the master tapes. It would be cool to get those old songs onto CD. The old singer, Stacy, is still good friends with Robert and I think is listed in our Top 30 on our MySpace.

Hey Ult.... 🤘

were those some of the tuneages Robert played at UFTA 2 when David was late and Neon Cross had to cancel ? If so those were great tunes 🤘

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:46 am

Quote :
The HERO from Alaska also released an legendary tape called "Risen", maybe this is also good enough for a CD relase.

Is this the same Hero from Alska with Troy Woody and Dave Starkey ?

Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 3:28 pm

I am not sure about the members of HERO from Ak.
I only have an review of their first Demo and in that review only the leadsingers name is mentioned, his first name is Tony, they were 3 piece and from Juneau.
I also know that the played some gigs with BLOODGOOD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...   Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Thrash & Metal Demos re-released on CD...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next