Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slash's Solo Album

Go down 
+19
7thSaviour
tohostudios
MetalH
T-Roy
Eyesore
MetalRob331
TheGooch
skullsmasher
arttieTHE1manparty
powermacho
manny
Getizzyback
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
sam
Gilbert
Addy
Troublezone
akeldama
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:14 pm

Myles Kennedy sounds great on here!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:28 am

ZetaReticuli wrote:
Myles Kennedy sounds great on here!

Myles sounds great on anything and IMO and a lot of others the best singer in rock toady. He makes that Starlight track standout and Back to Cali is not slouch either...
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:54 am

Myles should be the new singer of Velvet Revolver.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:02 am

i'm listening new fresh SLASH's solo album.
i must say IT IS GOOD, really really good. not perfect but really good.
various vibes of songs and music makes it very good listenable album.
much much better than Snakepit. probably equal as Joe Perry last solo, which is good too.

sharing the emotions with yall

song:
Nothing to Say - power/speed metalish style, which is good, voice fits into it.
Beautiful Dangerous - trash, hate it.
Crucify the Dead - ozz is ozz. best of the best. nothing to say.
By the Sword - is typical Led Zeppelin vibe. sound like Robert Plant on vocals.
Sahara - like something from 80s
Paradise City - hm.. hm.. interesting cover. Sounds like typical Cypress Hill crashed with RedHotChilliPepers mutated with teenie voice like ATeen. i dont like it.
Watch This - should it be the new sound of GnR or Velvet Revolver 2010 ? like the Slash amazing solos.
I Hold On - KiD Rock as guest on vocals. i like Kid Rock's ballads and this one is one of them. fits on album cos its one medium ballad which is needed to be included. vibes of Lynyrd blues southern rock, as we know that KiD Rock likes it very much. just typical influence of KiD Rock.
Gotten - fuc* that faggo* snippet. horrible
Mother Maria - sound like 1st radio commercial single for masses. just average to me. probably US fans know what is goin on. i dont. medium speed leg knocking tune. Slash's solo is like cut from Pink Floyd's The Wall album. i know, this songs really should be included in OST for some kind of movie. yea that exactly right.
Starlight - Jimi Hendrix influence 100% and old early GnR. another slow song. vocals like Iani Lane from Warrant or Axel's new Chinese Demo, maybe Slaughter. dunno...

end wrdrs:
album starts fast fresh and ends very slow. is it good ? is it bad ?
IMO its really good album. worth for spending few $.
id like to see Slash's solo tour over EU.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:48 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
i'm listening new fresh SLASH's solo album.
i must say IT IS GOOD, really really good. not perfect but really good.
various vibes of songs and music makes it very good listenable album.
much much better than Snakepit. probably equal as Joe Perry last solo, which is good too.

sharing the emotions with yall

song:
Nothing to Say - power/speed metalish style, which is good, voice fits into it.
Beautiful Dangerous - trash, hate it.
Crucify the Dead - ozz is ozz. best of the best. nothing to say.
By the Sword - is typical Led Zeppelin vibe. sound like Robert Plant on vocals.
Sahara - like something from 80s
Paradise City - hm.. hm.. interesting cover. Sounds like typical Cypress Hill crashed with RedHotChilliPepers mutated with teenie voice like ATeen. i dont like it.
Watch This - should it be the new sound of GnR or Velvet Revolver 2010 ? like the Slash amazing solos.
I Hold On - KiD Rock as guest on vocals. i like Kid Rock's ballads and this one is one of them. fits on album cos its one medium ballad which is needed to be included. vibes of Lynyrd blues southern rock, as we know that KiD Rock likes it very much. just typical influence of KiD Rock.
Gotten - fuc* that faggo* snippet. horrible
Mother Maria - sound like 1st radio commercial single for masses. just average to me. probably US fans know what is goin on. i dont. medium speed leg knocking tune. Slash's solo is like cut from Pink Floyd's The Wall album. i know, this songs really should be included in OST for some kind of movie. yea that exactly right.
Starlight - Jimi Hendrix influence 100% and old early GnR. another slow song. vocals like Iani Lane from Warrant or Axel's new Chinese Demo, maybe Slaughter. dunno...

end wrdrs:
album starts fast fresh and ends very slow. is it good ? is it bad ?
IMO its really good album. worth for spending few $.
id like to see Slash's solo tour over EU.

Well hearing the whole album myself the standouts here to me are Starlight, Beautiful Dangerous, and Nothing To Say. Fergie sounds amazing on Beautiful and I wonder why you hate it. This album has the potential to be in my top 5 of 2010 based on Starlight alone...
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Slash has said in an interview that after the solo tour that Velvet Revolver will resume their search for a singer
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Addy wrote:
Slash has said in an interview that after the solo tour that Velvet Revolver will resume their search for a singer

Im hoping he doesnt talk Myles into doing it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:53 pm

I've been spinning this for 2 days now. Really like what I'm hearing. I certainly had my doubts about this, but Slash really came through with a good hard rock album. I'm even digging the Fergie track.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:03 pm

I personally think this is a great album, the only track I genuinely don't like is 'Gotten'. The rest of it is fantastic though.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:17 pm

I can't think of any tracks I dislike on the album.

Sure there are some I like better than others, but there isn't a single song on there that makes me hit the skip button. It's a good listen all the way through for me.

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:58 pm

I skip the Fergie track and the one with the dude from Maroon 5. If I ever meet him he's getting slapped with a fish.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:08 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I skip the Fergie track and the one with the dude from Maroon 5. If I ever meet him he's getting slapped with a fish.

I like the Fergie track but I agree about the Maroon 5 track. In fact I think the whole album sort of stalls in the middle but the beginning and ending make it a keeper for me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:45 am

How can you skip the Fergie track? It's one of the best!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:56 am

TheNazgul wrote:

I don't mind those tracks, but that visual is totally worth it. I wanna see that happen. Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 201269

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Dang. I hate when they do this. I typically pass on these type of record company shenanigans, but I might have to pick this one up for that 2nd disc...

Quote :
The deluxe edition of Slash's (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) self-titled solo album will be released on September 28. The three-disc set will include two CDs and a 52-minute DVD featuring behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the album, performance footage from Australia and Los Angeles, video clips and more.

"Slash" deluxe edition track listing:

CD 1:

01. Ghost (feat. Ian Astbury)
02. Crucify The Dead (feat. Ozzy Osbourne)
03. Beautiful Dangerous (feat. Fergie)
04. Back From Cali (feat. Myles Kennedy)
05. Promise (feat. Chris Cornell)
06. By The Sword (feat. Andrew Stockdale)
07. Gotten (feat. Adam Levine)
08. Doctor Alibi (feat. Lemmy Kilmister)
09. Watch This (feat. Dave Grohl & Duff McKagan)
10. I Hold On (feat. Kid Rock)
11. Nothing To Say (feat. M. Shadows)
12. Starlight (feat. Myles Kennedy)
13. Saint Is A Sinner Too (feat. Rocco DeLuca)
14. We're All Gonna Die (feat. Iggy Pop)

CD 2:

01. Sahara (feat. Koshi Inaba)
02. Paradise City (feat. Fergie & Cypress Hill)
03. Mother Maria (feat. Beth Hart)
04. Baby Can't Drive (feat. Alice Cooper & Nicole Scherzinger)
05. Sahara (feat. Koshi Inaba)
06. Beautiful Dangerous (feat. Fergie)
07. Demo #4
08. Demo #16
09. Back From Cali (feat. Myles Kennedy)
10. Fall To Pieces (feat. Myles Kennedy)
11. Sweet Child O' Mine (feat. Myles Kennedy)
12. Watch This (feat. Myles Kennedy)
13. Nightrain (feat. Myles Kennedy)

DVD:

01. Making Of The Album Documentary
02. Back From Cali (feat. Myles Kennedy)
03. By The Sword (feat. Andrew Stockdale)
04. By The Sword - Behind the Scenes
05. Starlight (feat. Myles Kennedy)
06. Mean Bone (feat. Myles Kennedy)
07. Track-By-Track Interview with Slash

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Slashdeluxe

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 4:30 pm

Have to be really cheap, i'm not that interested in a bunch more Myles vocals. Would like to hear the Alice song.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:47 am

Still haven't had the will to pick this album up.

I don't know why...I guess i'm tired of all this GNR thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slash's Solo Album
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3