Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slash's Solo Album

Go down 
+19
7thSaviour
tohostudios
MetalH
T-Roy
Eyesore
MetalRob331
TheGooch
skullsmasher
arttieTHE1manparty
powermacho
manny
Getizzyback
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
sam
Gilbert
Addy
Troublezone
akeldama
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:38 pm

I have to agree with MG, some of the line up sounds interesting, and Fergie is a beautiful woman, I am sure she can sing but a remake of a G n R classic?

The first taste of Slash’s solo project has some fans losing their appetite for destruction. Yesterday the Velvet Revolver guitarist released a Japan-only two-song single featuring Cypress Hill and the Black Eyed Peas’ Fergie on a WTF version of the Guns n’ Roses classic “Paradise City.” That bizarre (albeit rocking) song and the single’s A side, “Sahara” — a collaboration with Koshi Inaba — quickly appeared on YouTube by day’s end.
“Until now, not too many people have heard Fergie sing rock & roll but she sings it better than most dudes I know. She’s a screamer at heart,” Slash wrote on his Twitter yesterday. This isn’t the first time the Duchess has attempted to out-Axl Axl Rose. Back in July 2008, Fergie and Slash performed “Sweet Child o’ Mine” together on several occasions. Fans turned off by the “Paradise City” remake needn’t worry: “This Japanese release will not be on my record in the West, which is all new original material,” Slash tweeted.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:14 am

this should make Metal Rob a happy man:

Slash has announced that Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy will front his band on the upcoming solo tour.
Says the guitarist of the choice: “I want to announce that Myles Kennedy is going to be fronting the band for the upcoming tour. Something I’m really stoked about.
“Myles sang a killer track [called Starlight] on the record and I think he is by far one of the best rock and roll singers out there today. I’m really honored and proud to be working with him.
“I will announce the other band members shortly.”
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:43 am

The more I hear about this solo album, the less enthusiastic I am about actually hearing it. Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_sad

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:26 pm

manny wrote:
this should make Metal Rob a happy man:

Slash has announced that Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy will front his band on the upcoming solo tour.
Says the guitarist of the choice: “I want to announce that Myles Kennedy is going to be fronting the band for the upcoming tour. Something I’m really stoked about.
“Myles sang a killer track [called Starlight] on the record and I think he is by far one of the best rock and roll singers out there today. I’m really honored and proud to be working with him.
“I will announce the other band members shortly.”

You are right and I do think Myles is the best rock singer out there. But, I wish he was working with Mark and the boys on the new Alter Bridge album. I am getting this album on Myles being on it alone.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:49 pm

Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Slashcover

01. Ghost (Ian Astbury, feat. Izzy Stradlin) (3:34)
02. Crucify The Dead (Ozzy Osbourne) (4:04)
03. Beautiful Dangerous (Fergie) (4:35)
04. Promise (Chris Cornell) (4:41)
05. By The Sword (Andrew Stockdale) (4:50)
06. Gotten (Adam Levine) (5:05)
07. Doctor Alibi (Lemmy) (3:07)
08. Watch This Dave (Dave Grohl, Duff McKagan) (3:46)
09. I Hold On (Kid Rock) (4:10)
10. Nothing To Say (M. Shadows) (5:27)
11. Starlight (Myles Kennedy) (5:35)
12. Saint Is A Sinner Too (Rocco De Luca) (3:28)
13. We're All Gonna Die (Iggy Pop) (4:30)

Bonus UK tracks:

14. Baby Can't Drive (Alice Cooper, Nicole Scherzinger)
15. Paradise City (Fergie, Cypress Hill)

"By The Sword", the first single from Slash's first true solo album, simply entitled "Slash", will go for radio adds on March 1. The track was co-written by and features a guest appearance by Andrew Stockdale of the Australian retro-rock combo WOLFMOTHER.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The more I hear about this solo album, the less enthusiastic I am about actually hearing it. Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_sad

Well, I take that back. Seeing the line-up now has me a little more excited about this album. Aside from a few names I don't know or care about, I like the guest-list. Time will tell if it's a hit or a disaster I suppose.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Id like to get it
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:06 pm

I'm interested in what he came up with musically but i'm not a fan of every guest vocalist on the album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:44 pm

Too bad the entire album won't sound like this.

Quote :
"By The Sword" is now available for streaming at AOL's Spinner. It can also be heard below.

"'By The Sword' is a favorite of mine off the album," Slash tells Spinner. "I really enjoyed meeting and working with Andrew Stockdale. It was a solid collaborative effort and his voice is fantastic."

Fan-filmed video footage of Slash performing "By The Sword" with WOLFMOTHER on November 24, 2009 at the Wiltern in Los Angeles can be viewed below.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Quote :
"By The Sword" is now available for streaming at AOL's Spinner. It can also be heard below.

"'By The Sword' is a favorite of mine off the album," Slash tells Spinner. "I really enjoyed meeting and working with Andrew Stockdale. It was a solid collaborative effort and his voice is fantastic."

Fan-filmed video footage of Slash performing "By The Sword" with WOLFMOTHER on November 24, 2009 at the Wiltern in Los Angeles can be viewed below.

Not a bad song but man his voice sometimes irritates me. Slash shines on this song though especially the solo part.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Quote :

Sounds pretty cool, but you're probably right.

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:47 pm

Listening to samples on Amazon, some decent stuff but Fergie? WTH? And going from Adam Lambert to Lemmy is weird. The song with M. Shadows is what surprised me, I really like it and David B.... I mean Iggy sounds good here.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Man, is there some emotion laced in that solo or what?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:24 pm

When will the album be released?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Album comes out next month
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:57 pm

I'll be getting this one... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:10 pm

MetalH wrote:
I'll be getting this one... Smile

Me too; I've liked everything I've heard from it.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:11 pm

Here is a little news from the people on the other side of Myles touring with Slash...

We would also like to remind you that Myles will be touring with Slash this summer while the rest of us are touring with Creed. We have also been told that, on the Slash tour, Myles will be singing old GNR songs that Slash has not performed since that band broke up. We think that will be worth the price of admission alone. Along with Slash's new material, we are also told Myles may sing an AB song or two.

Slash told The Pulse of Radio that he's really pleased to have Myles Kennedy singing on the tour. "He was one of these sort of youngish rock singers that I wasn't real familiar with, who is probably one of the best, you know, young new rock singers around," he said. "There's actually two songs on the record that he did, and he can basically perform any other songs on the record, plus he knows how to do all the Guns N' Roses stuff. So it's worked out nicely."

So there you have it. Slash knows what we in AB have known for a while. Myles is simply one of the best, if not the best, rock singers around today. And this summer, Slash will also find out what an incredible musician he is as well. That tour will be a sight to behold.

Sounds like it might be a show to see....
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Slash's Solo Album   Slash's Solo Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:20 pm

I just checked out a lot of the clips from this album and I must say that Starlight and Beautiful Dangerous sound amazing. Fergie slays on that clip and Starlight sounds so emotional and deep.