Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

Go down 
+8
Todd Jaymz
Invader
MetalGuy71
ghost
mc666
GrandNational
SideShowDisaSter
thejokeriv
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 9:16 pm

Any fans? This new album is going to be sick! Looks like this one is going to be pretty heavy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkF4JD2rO3Q 🤘
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 10:04 pm

I can't wait - one of my favorite bands. The only album I don;t like is falling into infinity
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 11:09 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I can't wait - one of my favorite bands. The only album I don;t like is falling into infinity
They've yet to let me down. I can't listen to them all the time, but I think they're a killer band. Train Of Thought is my favorite, and these two songs—"Constant Motion" and "The Dark Eternal Night"—I've heard from this album so far seem more like Train Of Thought than any other album.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 12:09 am

I can't freakin' STAND this band. Technical wank-fest at its finest. I literally get bored to tears every time I have given this band the time of day.

I like precisely 1 tune from DT, and that is Pull Me Under. Other than that.....icky blech from me.

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 12:36 am

I've always been a fan of the band and will check the new one out but
they've been going overboard on the more recent albums with the showing
off.

The song Sacrificed Son is a great example. It starts out as a
good ballad but for some reason they decided to put a long instrumental
section that completely ruins the song for me.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 12:41 am

I've gotta admit, I have all of DT's albums but the last one did not much interest. Hopefully this one will be better.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 1:04 am

GrandNational wrote:
I've gotta admit, I have all of DT's albums but the last one did not much interest. Hopefully this one will be better.
same here, but Train Of Thought was badass. humble

ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 1:15 am

I can’t always listen to them but sometimes I get them out of the shelf and really enjoy the music. But usually after 2 or 3 CDs they start to bore me. I have 5 of their albums, so I’m not sure if I want to get the new one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 10:01 am

I find that I have to be in the right mood to listen to them, otherwise I get bored. I don't have all of their releases, but of the 5 that I own, "Train of Thought" probably gets the most play.

The new one will probably fall into the "I'll pick it up eventually" category.

EDIT: I just watched/listened to that first song. I'm digging it, which just bumped them up on the "want list". When is the new album due out?
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 10:25 am

Great band. Can't wait for their new album.

MetalGuy71 wrote:
When is the new album due out?

June 5th
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 2:28 pm

The new cd is heavy, well heavy for DT. Is close to a Metal album as their going to get. I've always enjoyed playing Dream Theater, they really have a interesting mix of fans. I often have members of really heavy bands refer to DT during interviews. After all they are top notch players, also a interesting band to be on Roadrunner. In the past 5 years the Metal labels have really diversified the types of bands they sign. Has anyone heard the DT Master Of Puppets bootleg??-TJ
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 2:48 pm

Quote :
Has anyone heard the DT Master Of Puppets bootleg??-TJ

Yes, I have it. It's a really cool idea and they play the album flawlessly. It's a really cool bonus for the fans, especially for the ones in attendance (what an encore!!) and equally cool that they release it for everyone else. I have not heard the Iron Maiden/Number of the Beast or Pink Floyd/Dark Side of the Moon releases, but I would guess that they too are excellent performances.

That being said, I have one criticism of the "Master..." tribute. I listen to it, then wonder "Why don't I just listen to the original?" DT does a fine job, but James LeBrie isn't James Hetfield. I imagine the same could be said for the Maiden tribute as well. With Floyd, James' vocals might work better.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 3:06 pm

I guess it because it was fun to hear a Progressive band playing a classic ass kicking Metal record! I haven't heard the other ones either-TJ
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 3:27 pm

Todd Jaymz wrote:
I guess it because it was fun to hear a Progressive band playing a classic ass kicking Metal record! I haven't heard the other ones either-TJ

It's interesting, no doubt about that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 3:59 pm

mc666 wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

MC666, Train of Thought did have its moments for sure. I guess Scenes from a Memory is so good, everything after just hasn't been the same.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 4:42 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I can't freakin' STAND this band. Technical wank-fest at its finest. I literally get bored to tears every time I have given this band the time of day.

I like precisely 1 tune from DT, and that is Pull Me Under. Other than that.....icky blech from me.

Phew! I thought I was the only one who felt that way about Dream Theater... I'll admit that DT are amazing musicians, no doubt about that, but they just bore me to tears. I guess I just don't "get" them.
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 6:52 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

I could not agree more.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 9:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Has anyone heard the DT Master Of Puppets bootleg??-TJ

Yes, I have it. It's a really cool idea and they play the album flawlessly. It's a really cool bonus for the fans, especially for the ones in attendance (what an encore!!) and equally cool that they release it for everyone else. I have not heard the Iron Maiden/Number of the Beast or Pink Floyd/Dark Side of the Moon releases, but I would guess that they too are excellent performances.

That being said, I have one criticism of the "Master..." tribute. I listen to it, then wonder "Why don't I just listen to the original?" DT does a fine job, but James LeBrie isn't James Hetfield. I imagine the same could be said for the Maiden tribute as well. With Floyd, James' vocals might work better.

I have the DT TNOTB - it's good, I like it better than the Master tribute - Jame LeBrie isn't hetfield - he does a better of job withe the Maiden tunes. I wish they would have done Piece Of Mind instead of TNOTB (since it's my favorite Maiden CD). I read an interview with the DT's drummer that they wanted to do Piece of Mind, but decided on TNOTB since it's better know and the album that broke them into the big time.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 9:44 pm

GrandNational wrote:
mc666 wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

MC666, Train of Thought did have its moments for sure. I guess Scenes from a Memory is so good, everything after just hasn't been the same.
yeah Scenes was phenominal. Train is just my fave though simply because it is their overall heaviest album. it showed that progressive rock can have balls.

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 11:31 pm

I like Dream Theatre... surprise right?

this stuff does remind me of 'Train of Thought'... honestly that was the first album I purchased by them. I remember 'when Dream and Day Unite' came out... I didn't like it at all. Everyone told me 'they sound like Rush'.... no they don't....

I loved 'Train' it's the album Metallica shoulda released instead of 'St. Crapola'.....

Octavarium had it's moments.... Live at Budakan version of 'In the Name of God' SIMPLY DESTROYS..... what a great melody riff and performance..... humble

has anyone heard 'Cygnus and The Seamonsters' ?????
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 1:34 am

mc666 wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
mc666 wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

yeah Scenes was phenominal. Train is just my fave though simply because it is their overall heaviest album. it showed that progressive rock can have balls.
That's exactly why it's my favorite. Of course, I know a lot of bands that play a very heavy progressive style, so the style isn't anything new. But for DT it was a big surprise.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 8:39 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/SystematicChaos/

E-Card with 2 songs - the one on youtube and the one they had as a free mp3 download - can't wait for the CD to come out
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 8:59 am

You can see how I rank them in the new topic I just did. One of my favorite bands and until now, I liked everything I've heard them do. I was however, disappointed in SC. It is not a bad album and it is growing on me, but I figured after 3 good albums they would finally release another masterpiece, but instead it was merely good.

While most get bored with the long instrumentals, I for one don't mind especially when watching them perform (I have all the DVDs except Score, which I will once I am able). I enjoy watching skilled musicians do their work, but I will agree that DT is better when they tone that stuff down a little (mainly because I like LaBrie's voice and, IMO they don't utilize him as much as they should).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos   Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
Page 1 of 1