Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"vintage" metal t-shirts?

Go down 
+8
A Handful of Wayne
Lurideath
Wargod
ultmetal
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
Stender
green_goober
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
green_goober
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

"vintage" metal t-shirts? Empty
PostSubject: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:16 pm

do you guys think 'made to look vintage t-shirts' are
cheating? i avidly collect megadeth t-shirts and im ordering my monthly one
soon... i can't decide between two,

MEGADETH

either the 'overdyed' peace sells one or the shark bomb one.

do you think those overdyed shirts just make people look
like tools?

which one would you get?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:22 pm

I think clothes that are purposefully made to look shredded are dumb, but get whatever you want, its your decision. I think I would probably get the overdyed peace sells because I just like the peace sells art.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:28 pm

Depends on what you look like I suppose. I'm 37, married with kids. If I were to put on one of those tight-fitting, pre-faded Hot Topic t-shirts, I'd look like a Grade A tool. If you're really 21, you can probably get away with it. Although you're not fooling anyone wearing a pre-faded metal shirt. Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe Miley Cyrus really is an Iron Maiden fan.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:41 pm

I don't really like my shirts when they're faded. So I believe it only matters with who wears it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:51 pm

Ehhhh, I don't really care. I have a ton of concert shirts dating back to the 80's and most of them look great. I have so many that I don't have to keep wearing the same ones over and over again.

I have a Loudness shirt from a tour they did a couple years ago here. It's one of those shirts made to look vintage. It's the Thunder in the East design and it's all cracked. Looks cool to me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:07 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Ehhhh, I don't really care. I have a ton of concert shirts dating back to the 80's and most of them look great. I have so many that I don't have to keep wearing the same ones over and over again.

I have a Loudness shirt from a tour they did a couple years ago here. It's one of those shirts made to look vintage. It's the Thunder in the East design and it's all cracked. Looks cool to me.

I'm with Ult here I have alot of shirts so it's easy to choose what to wear!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:16 pm

I have no clue what a person looking like a tool is. I don't get that aspect. I see that a lot on this forum. However, to me I think if you wear what you like, who's to say anything?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:23 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I have no clue what a person looking like a tool is. I don't get that aspect. I see that a lot on this forum. However, to me I think if you wear what you like, who's to say anything?

I agree. I say if the rednecks around me can wear their shirts with race cars and fish on them, I sure as hell can wear a Slayer shirt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:49 pm

You guys just got Spam'd.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:18 pm

"vintage" metal t-shirts? Slayerbasscar

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:29 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
"vintage" metal t-shirts? Slayerbasscar

Looks good. Have them printed up.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:13 am

ultmetal wrote:

I have tons these old ones too. I still have my Thunder in the East from when they opened for the Crue on the Theater of Pain tour
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:55 am

Can't get any more vintage than this:

"vintage" metal t-shirts? Hot

That's me, drunk in 2006, rockin' my Def Leppard concert tee I bought in 1989. lol!
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 11:23 am

I have a cool "Scream Dream" Nugent tour shirt from 1979 or so also a couple from the Intensities in 10 cities tour. I guess I never get rid of anything
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:35 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

I agree. I say if the rednecks around me can wear their shirts with race cars and fish on them, I sure as hell can wear a Slayer shirt.

Hey I take offense to that statement I wear hunting and fishing shirts as well since I do hunt and fish and I am not a redneck!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 4:41 pm

It's your money. If you like the shirt and want to wear it then buy it.
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:52 pm

It doesn't really matter to me, I just bought a Motorhead shirt recently that has that "cracked vintage look". I wear it all the time.

If you like it, and it works for you, I say go for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 9:06 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Hey I take offense to that statement I wear hunting and fishing shirts as well since I do hunt and fish and I am not a redneck!

Wargod49

Yes you are.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 9:19 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Wargod49

Yes you are.

Rednecks don't usually wear purple jammies around the house though.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 9:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Can't get any more vintage than this:

"vintage" metal t-shirts? Hot

That's me, drunk in 2006, rockin' my Def Leppard concert tee I bought in 1989. lol!

I always wanted that shirt when I was younger, but I had the one with the cover of the album I bought in a flea market Sad

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:06 pm

I saw an old ZZ Top shirt at Goodwill a few years back. Wish I'd have bought it. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:11 am

i WOULD GET THE ONE FROM PEACE CELLS. I recently bought one of those vintage lookalike t-shirts from RUSH-212.
My fave real vintage shirt is the one from Metal Church I bought on not great conditions, but I love it
Back to top Go down
green_goober
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:46 pm

im gunna go with the faded peace sells t-shirt. i really like the image so its probably the best choice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Ya know the classic Led Zeppelin World Tour 1977 black T-shirt that went back into print in the past 5 or 6 years or so? My next-door neighbor gave me an original copy back when I was a teen and an LZ addict. They had it stuffed in a draw, all nice like for years. I wore the smurf poo outta that thing. I'd wear it once a week, like clockwork. The thing inevitably fell apart on me. I kinda wish that I too woulda drawed it. Would still have it now. Coulda gave it to my own offspring. But, no. I was shelfish.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:30 pm

Stender wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Wargod49

Yes you are.

Rednecks don't usually wear purple jammies around the house though.

Actually they are not jammies but more like zubaz. And those is fighten words ha ha!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "vintage" metal t-shirts?   "vintage" metal t-shirts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"vintage" metal t-shirts?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next