Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?

Go down 
+14
metallicleora
Joe
DallasBlack
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
ryanmetalman
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
Stender
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Rex
die_dead
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
die_dead
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

"flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Empty
PostSubject: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:55 pm

What do you guys think of the new band shirts bands are
coming out with? The ones that have the print all over the shirt, like these:

all over print

do you think they’re too flashy? Do you prefer the
older, simpler designs? Personally I think they’re really cool and they look
nice, but I’ve also heard other people say they’re too busy. What do you guys
think? Would you wear it?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:24 pm

Most of those look overly busy for my tastes. And some just don't look good at all like the red fear of the dark one from Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:55 pm

I rarely wear band shirts anymore so it doesn't make much difference to me. The Maiden one with Eddie's face huge on the front was kinda cool.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:02 pm

I like plain, simple designs. The few band shirts I still own are pretty plain. Black with Motorhead's Snaggletooth or the Ramones Presidential Seal are 2 good examples.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:09 pm

These shirts with screen print covering every inch on the front....are way to Jonas Brothers for me. I saw this dude in town the other day with a giant skull and wings and the whole bit stretching from the top of his shoulders to around the side down to his pants. My wife says, "oh, my husband loves heavy metal too!". The guy turns and looks at me and says, "uh...it's a 'Tap-Out' shirt." Pointing to the logo underneath his dunlop. Might as well be NASCAR.

Just give me the band logo and some skulls. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the Ramones Presidential Seal

The classics never go outta style. "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? 11840

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Damn straight! "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? 29150

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Damn straight! "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? 29150

Yeah I would never where any of those shirts in the link. I'm with you guys, give me the presidential seal or misfits boneman anyday.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Just a thought...how much you guys wanna bet the original post was just a clever SPAM to get us to look at the t-shirts on that web site? Dang. Now I feel all used and stuff. Sad

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:28 pm

The simple ones are fine by me.I dont care for the all over print.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just a thought...how much you guys wanna bet the original post was just a clever SPAM to get us to look at the t-shirts on that web site? Dang. Now I feel all used and stuff. "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_sad

Now that you mention it, I do feel kinda dirty. Although judging by the comments, he's not gonna get much business here. Take THAT, Spam-bot!!

"flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? 810647

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 5:40 pm

I don't mind some of them, the more monochromatic ones are ok. The bright red Maiden one is too much.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Like'em but I agree that Iron Maiden shirt is way too loud.
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:22 am

I guess I'm on the fence. Some all-over shirts are cool, some are too busy.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Yikes! Those are too much.

And yeah, I figured it for spam as soon as the link popped up, but it does make for an interesting question, so I don't feel too abused.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:32 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Yikes! Those are too much.

And yeah, I figured it for spam as soon as the link popped up, but it does make for an interesting question, so I don't feel too abused.

I feel pretty ravaged, making me give up my opinion like that. "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_biggrin

Why are these spammers like this all between the ages of 20 and 25? I just noticed that.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:55 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
....so I don't feel too abused.
I do....i feel yucky. Like.....dirty yucky. "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? 37951
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:45 pm

I love the regular shirts. But that Priest Sad Wings allover is awesome.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:49 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

I actually got that one. All over print band shirts are nothing new. When I became a metal fan in the early 90s they had plenty of them but they died down and are now making a comeback (though these new ones are far inferior looking). I prefer more simple shirts myself but my favorite band shirt from my younger years was a all over print Metallica shirt with a collage of all the Pushead designs (unfortunatly I wore it so much that it practically dissentegrated after repeated use-started out with holes so I turned it into a work-out shirt and then it got more holes and evenutally got torn up so bad no trace of it remains to this day). But of all my current 100+ band shirts all but that Priest one are of the simple design variety.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:01 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

I actually got that one. All over print band shirts are nothing new. When I became a metal fan in the early 90s they had plenty of them but they died down and are now making a comeback (though these new ones are far inferior looking). I prefer more simple shirts myself but my favorite band shirt from my younger years was a all over print Metallica shirt with a collage of all the Pushead designs (unfortunatly I wore it so much that it practically dissentegrated after repeated use-started out with holes so I turned it into a work-out shirt and then it got more holes and evenutally got torn up so bad no trace of it remains to this day). But of all my current 100+ band shirts all but that Priest one are of the simple design variety.

I think its cool when the design takes up most of the shirt with the band name and everything but only if its like the cover art...none of the ghey modern looking dragons or skull + flame generic things that site was offering.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:27 pm

Stender wrote:

I think its cool when the design takes up most of the shirt with the band name and everything but only if its like the cover art...none of the ghey modern looking dragons or skull + flame generic things that site was offering.

I agree, those shirts look too much like all the Tapout, Affliction and other MMA shirts. Give me old school any day of the week and twice on Sundays!
"flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? 604261
Back to top Go down
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:54 pm

me too, I like the classics. Gotta have lots of black space and look like it could be nothing else but a band shirt
Back to top Go down
Taibhse
Metal novice
Metal novice
Taibhse

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:04 pm

I've seen this exact same thread in a few places. Next it will be the 'bullet belts' one, with a link to the same website with some green belts.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:25 pm

I can take them either way. Most of the flashy ones are pretty cool but you can't beat the classic black ones.

Last edited by 007 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:39 pm

I just like to wear the sweater that I was born with..... same with shoes..... I have Hobbit Feet!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?   "flashy" band shirts bs plain ones? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"flashy" band shirts bs plain ones?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next