Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bootlegs

Go down 
+11
kmorg
ensiferum2k
Fat Freddy
pricekillers001
SideShowDisaSter
stormspell
SAHB Healer
ultmetal
AchrisK
Required Fields
sovdat
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

Bootlegs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs   Bootlegs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 8:45 pm

Thanks for all the help and courtesy guys. It's good to see you ensiferum2k, and again thank you again for the links - the info (including your post about The Chasm) has been really helpful so far 🤘 !
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18982

Bootlegs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs   Bootlegs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:38 am

I have a CD by Agent Steel called Swarm Over London and I've been wondering if it's a bootleg or not. I don't see the name of a label on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

Bootlegs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs   Bootlegs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 7:26 pm

bump
Back to top Go down

Bootlegs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs   Bootlegs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:01 am

kmorg wrote:
Turns out my Heavy Load discs are bootlegs too.

all the heavy load cds are actually bootlegs. even the japanese pressings(which were made from the japanese vinyl pressings).the band never authorise any to reissue their stuff in cd and never saw a penny for them. and none cared a lot to contact them to get a permission(yes they speak english with maybe bad accent but that's not a problem i guess). thankfully it appears that none of these "industries" have their unreleased album.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Bootlegs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs   Bootlegs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:13 pm

I got this Anthrax cd a while back of Fistful Of Metal. Its a Russian version so most likely its a bootleg what does everyone think? It doesnt really matter at this point since I got it so long ago on ebay or somewhere it just came into mind when I read this. Heres some pictures. Funniest thing is in the booklet instead of having a picture of the line up that was on this album theres a picture of the Belladonna line up.
Bootlegs - Page 5 P5220034
Bootlegs - Page 5 P5220036
Bootlegs - Page 5 P5220037

Bootlegs - Page 5 P5220038
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Bootlegs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs   Bootlegs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:37 am

I think that is a German pressing, PRD

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Bootlegs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs   Bootlegs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:14 pm

It has russian writing on it though. On the bottom of the back tray it says For The Sales In Russia Aand CIS Countries Only
Back to top Go down

Bootlegs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs   Bootlegs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:15 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
It has russian writing on it though. On the bottom of the back tray it says For The Sales In Russia Aand CIS Countries Only

I have an authentic Megaforce issue I'd trade for it if you want. I like those Russian Boots.

Looks like this one:

http://www.mothermetal.com/links/fistfulofmetal.html
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Bootlegs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs   Bootlegs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:35 pm

Why whats so special about the Russian version?
Back to top Go down

Bootlegs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs   Bootlegs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:37 pm

I would say nothing is special. Alot of peeps don't like the Russian presses. I like them because they are more interesting.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Bootlegs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs   Bootlegs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:47 pm

I got a couple of other Russian cds but this one is the only one I dont care much for. If you want to trade thats fine. Just PM me your address again. I'll get it out on Saturday when I go back to work.
Back to top Go down

Bootlegs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs   Bootlegs - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:00 pm

sovdat wrote:
Maybe we should do a thread with a list of bootlegs and photos attached?
Well, I was searching the ebay and I found this -

http://cgi.ebay.com/MANDATOR-initial-velocity-CD-KREATOR-Sodom-exumer_W0QQitemZ120116750387QQihZ002QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As you can see, it was "released" by Speed Attack Metal Series - Russian (not 100%, though) CD-R bootleg. Don't know how many albums did they cover, the only other one that I've seen was the second Mandator album.

At least Vendetta and Artillery albums should also exist in this version - I was buying some stuff from a Russian guy cca. 2 years ago and he was saying that all of it are original pressings, but was fair enough to say it just before sending money, that they are just well done boots.

I also believe that I've gotten Cyclone - Inferior to None bootleg CD - the disc looks slightly different as here : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200096370396 + the seller thallos81 wrote in his latest auction "beware of the boot". Well, gotta see the CD again, but if I remember correctly, the center (the plastic around the whole) isn't totally transparent in my version. However, bootleg or not, it's done in a very professional way!

P.S. - Anyone knows the thrash band Bootlegs? They were from Iceland and released an album called W.C. Monster Smile

A little late but whatever, I´m a member of the Icelandic band called Bootlegs and we have http://www.myspace.com/bootlegs for more info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bootlegs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs   Bootlegs - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bootlegs
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5