Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trouble has new record in the works.

Go down 
+9
rattpoison
manny
chucksteak
nevermore
MetalGuy71
mc666
candlemass
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:40 am

I went on youtube last night, and Kory Clarke's voice sounded terrible with Trouble, maybe he was drunk.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:47 am

Quote :
maybe he was drunk.

That and who knows what else...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:13 am

detuned wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I thought SIMPLE MIND CONDITION was kinda flat compared to Trouble's earlier stuff... and by all indications Eric Wagner had become the weak link in the band... he just sounded like he didn't wanna be there on that album. So who knows, maybe fresh blood is just what they need.

I feel the same way...

While we're on the subject of people whose voices are completely shot...please sample this:

Trouble with Kory Clarke

I've seen it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:54 pm

I want to clarify. I think Trouble could be fine with a new singer, I just don't think it's Kory.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:44 am

detuned wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I thought SIMPLE MIND CONDITION was kinda flat compared to Trouble's earlier stuff... and by all indications Eric Wagner had become the weak link in the band... he just sounded like he didn't wanna be there on that album. So who knows, maybe fresh blood is just what they need.

I feel the same way...

While we're on the subject of people whose voices are completely shot...please sample this:

Trouble with Kory Clarke

That may be Kory's form live but this is his form in the studio recently.

Listen to "She's Glaswegian".......

http://www.myspace.com/warriorsoulinfo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:02 pm

detuned wrote:

Trouble with Kory Clarke

He sounds all ragged out. Sounds like he's down with a terrible case of ragweed allergy. I like Eric Wagner infinitely better than this ragamuffin. This is the clown who we're getting on a new Trouble studio release? Shat.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 5:59 am

Marc Mason wrote:
detuned wrote:

Trouble with Kory Clarke

He sounds all ragged out. Sounds like he's down with a terrible case of ragweed allergy. I like Eric Wagner infinitely better than this ragamuffin. This is the clown who we're getting on a new Trouble studio release? Shat.

MM are you familiar with Kory Clarke and Warrior Soul?.........

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 7:40 am

Now I remember this band, think I had this lp in the early to mid 90's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:44 am

I've seen Kory Clarke twice. First time with Warrior Soul (opening for Soundgarden/Danzig), the second with Trouble.

I have fond memories of the first and wish I could forget the second.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:43 pm

manny wrote:
I went on youtube last night, and Kory Clarke's voice sounded terrible with Trouble, maybe he was drunk.

I haven't seen any video but I've heard half a dozen live shows and he sounded like smurf poo on every one of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:14 pm

rattpoison wrote:

MM are you familiar with Kory Clarke and Warrior Soul?.........

Now I am. Probably a decent group. I just emphatic about my desire to replicate that Trouble lineup from a few years back. But, I guess that's not happening here, son. Hey, ya gotta count ye blessings. And, we about to get a Dio/Iommi collab. Can't have everything. I guess we gunna havta eat a little smurf poo. lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 3:37 am

I'm mackin' on Trouble's Psalm 9 at the moment. Whatta monsterpice.

Can't believe that Wagner is gone. Why even bother doin' another record.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 11:02 pm

Here's the latest news... the funny thing about all this is that they are writing a real doom record now and not when eric was in the band... and with a very undoomy singer like Kory. Rolling Eyes I will still buy it though because i am a huge Trouble fan.

TROUBLE Writing 'Classic Doom' Album - Apr. 3, 2009
Legendary Chicago doomsters TROUBLE have set "The Dark Riff" as the tentative title of their new album, due later in the year.

Commented vocalist Kory Clarke: "I'm really excited about all the new songs Rick [Wartell, guitar] and Bruce [Franklin, guitar] have played me thus far and have been singing them real tough. Really enjoying the power and latitude I'm able to move in lyrically as well as melodically. This going to be classic doom! I love singing this stuff!"

Added Bruce Franklin: "I've written about five songs so far. One of my tests to know if the song is memorable is to not record the riffs and ideas. If I have no trouble remembering the song that I wrote, then that's a good sign. Even if a month or more passes, I should be able to remember the song in full. Of course, that's just the music."

Rick Wartell said: "I am extremely pleased with the new songs, and in the direction this release is taking. It has the vibe of earlier times. If I had to sum it up in one word, the word is DOOM... Having a great time writing for it."

A previous post on the group's web site stated: "As you can tell by the [new album's] title, IT'S HEAVY! The band is resorting to the root of what made TROUBLE in the first place and what they are best at, DOOM! This will no doubt be the heaviest TROUBLE release since the mid-'80s when they crushed the masses with what is now known as 'Psalm 9' and 'The Skull'.:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:13 pm

Any idea who is filling the drummer slot since Jeff Olson bailed?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:14 pm

detuned wrote:
Any idea who is filling the drummer slot since Jeff Olson bailed?

Some dude named Mark Lira
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:25 am

Yeah, Korey Clark CAN"T pull it off. Every song I hear him sing with Trouble sounds atrocious. If they HAD to replace Eric Wagner, they could have found someone much more suitable than that clown.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:42 am

New Trouble song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vFK0RC3Rjg
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 am

The music is AWESOME the vocals suck!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:50 am

Cool riffs, weak drums, horrible vocals. I'd rather put on Psalm 9 again. They'd better kick that Robert Plant wannabe out (sorry Fat Freddy Razz) and get someone else, like Victor Griffin, to sing for them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:30 pm

I don't wanna sound like a band-wagon jumper here, but those vocals are bad. Kory's lost his voice. That's not the same guy that sang on those Warrior Soul discs.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:30 am

Trouble should have hired Dio to do the vocals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:41 am

ugh. That's bloody awful...and painful to hear one of my favorite bands from the 80's sink as low as to have that no-talent drunk as a vocalist.

Sorry Bruce, but this fan since 1984 will NOT be buying the new album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:58 am

I don't think they will go beyond one album with Kory Clarke. Either Eric will return or the band will call it a day. Kyle Thomas was a better choice... Too bad they didn't record with him instead.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:03 am

I think Kory needs another cigarette.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:09 am

I love seeing you Trouble-hards getting your knickers in a knot over Kory. I will admit that live clip his voice is very haggard, but it is live and i think we already know Kory struggles live these days. But in the studio his voice is fine, here's his recent form in the studio.............

She's Glaswegian

http://www.myspace.com/warriorsoulinfo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble has new record in the works.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next