Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trouble has new record in the works.

Go down 
+9
rattpoison
manny
chucksteak
nevermore
MetalGuy71
mc666
candlemass
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Trouble has new record in the works. Empty
PostSubject: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:07 am

Trouble is my favorite band and they have had a lot of of problems lately but the new one with Kory Clarke is coming along and it's working title is "The Dark Riff". The band is claiming that it's a return to their doom style that made the band what it is and the heaviest thing since the mid 80's. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them.

http://www.newtrouble.com/

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:18 am

I'm cautiously optimistic... as y'all know I'm a major Kory Clarke fanboy as well as a huge Trouble fan, but I still don't think the combination of the two quite works... but the proof will be in the new album, I s'pose.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:19 am

Totally unrelated note, TZ -- is that the chick from "Sleepaway Camp" in your new avatar?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:25 am

I never heard of this guy before, but what a poor choice to replace Eric, as if he could be replaced at all! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:38 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm cautiously optimistic... as y'all know I'm a major Kory Clarke fanboy as well as a huge Trouble fan, but I still don't think the combination of the two quite works... but the proof will be in the new album, I s'pose.

I think Kory will do the psychedelic stuff great but the doom i'm not so sure.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:39 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Totally unrelated note, TZ -- is that the chick from "Sleepaway Camp" in your new avatar?

Yes, it's Angela from Sleepaway Camp.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:49 am

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I think Kory will do the psychedelic stuff great but the doom i'm not so sure.

Yea, I could see his voice workin better on stuff similar to the 1990 S/T, MANIC FRUSTRATION, PLASTIC GREEN HEAD, etc... not so much on the doom style early material. That's why I find it surprising that they've announced the new stuff will be in the doom vein.

Quote :
Yes, it's Angela from Sleepaway Camp.

Angela! That's it! I couldn't remember the crazy broad's name. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:07 pm

Quote :

Freddy, have you seen the sequel yet? It's hilarious...

Trouble has new record in the works. Return_to_sleepaway_camp-350x495

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:10 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Freddy, have you seen the sequel yet? It's hilarious...

Nah, the original "S.C." was one of the worst movies I'd ever seen so I have mostly ignored the sequels... I believe I saw a few bits of "S.C. 2" years ago but that was enuff for me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Yea, I could see his voice workin better on stuff similar to the 1990 S/T, MANIC FRUSTRATION, PLASTIC GREEN HEAD, etc... not so much on the doom style early material. That's why I find it surprising that they've announced the new stuff will be in the doom vein.

If Trouble is "really" going to return to their early sound, then I'm interested (regardless of Kory "too drunk to stand up" Clarke). It makes perfect sense to me though, they know there isn't a chance in hell that they are ever going to be a "mainstream" band, so they might as well go back to their pre-Rick Rubin sound.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:18 pm

Quote :
they know there isn't a chance in hell that they are ever going to be a "mainstream" band, so they might as well go back to their pre-Rick Rubin sound.

And retire with their cult legend status...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:38 pm

looking forward to some heavier stuff again.

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:00 pm

Didn't someone here just tell me that these guys were now defunct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:57 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
Didn't someone here just tell me that these guys were now defunct.

Not defunct, but missing Eric Wagner & Jeff Olsen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:35 pm

Love the fact they are going back to the old sound, I miss it, but there is no way Kory can pull it off in my book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:29 am

I am betting that, in the studio anyways, Kory does a fine job on TROUBLE music...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:37 am

I'd be interested in hearing this. I'm slowly building my Trouble catalog and I haven't heard a bad tune yet. The early doom stuff to the later stoner stuff is all good to me. My only concern is Kory's singing voice. It seems pretty shot in any live clips I've heard recently. But I guess with the right songs and some studio magic, anything is possible.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:22 pm

I'm interested in hearing this while being very cautious about it at the same time.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:56 pm

nevermore wrote:
I'm interested in hearing this while being very cautious about it at the same time.

ditto

All the shows I heard with him were horrendus. I didn't even make it through most of them, if any, hell I think I threw the discs away. Yeah it was that bad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:02 am

I'm a recent convert to whatever religion Trouble is practicing. I had no idea that this band even existed just a few short years back. Now I'm preaching the good word to anyone who'll listen. I'm down with whatever kind of title they choose to bestow upon us. But, I don't wanna be missing key personnel. Ya got your Franklin and Wartell, sure that's nice. But without Wagner and Olsen we're just not up to par for delivering another 'SMC'. I say meet their demands whatever they might be. If they want more weed, I say get more weed.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 4:48 am

While Olsen is a good drummer his not being involved doesn't bother me as much as Wagner's asbsence. Two of my favorite Trouble albums didn't even have Olsen on them (s/t and manic frustration).

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:12 am

Quote :
But without Wagner and Olsen we're just not up to par for delivering another 'SMC'.

I don't agree with this at all. The music is controlled by Wartell/Franklin...it'll rock. Vocally, I love Eric and am a big fan, but his voice on SMC was ragged out...the live stuff I've seen/heard with him prove that he's really not that great a singer...his low register is fine, but his upper register is shot like Joe Elliot's...he's just who we know so I can understand us all missing him...but to think/say that the band is not "up to par" with a new singer is kinda presumptuous, especially since we've heard not a single new note. Also, I don't know what kinda homework Kory did in prep for their last tour, but there wasn't a lot of time between announcing him and then throwing him out on the road...the Warrior Soul stuff is good and he sounds good on it so I'm holding out that he can do something good for Trouble as the line-up progresses...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:38 am

I thought SIMPLE MIND CONDITION was kinda flat compared to Trouble's earlier stuff... and by all indications Eric Wagner had become the weak link in the band... he just sounded like he didn't wanna be there on that album. So who knows, maybe fresh blood is just what they need.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I thought SIMPLE MIND CONDITION was kinda flat compared to Trouble's earlier stuff... and by all indications Eric Wagner had become the weak link in the band... he just sounded like he didn't wanna be there on that album. So who knows, maybe fresh blood is just what they need.

I feel the same way...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:30 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I feel the same way...

While we're on the subject of people whose voices are completely shot...please sample this:

Trouble with Kory Clarke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble has new record in the works.   Trouble has new record in the works. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble has new record in the works.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next