Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Messiah "Final Warning" question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Messiah "Final Warning" question Empty
PostSubject: Messiah "Final Warning" question   Messiah "Final Warning" question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 5:19 pm

So I was just wondering, is this album legitamately on CD or only vinyl? I know there is a Hot metal records bootleg floating around but I would like to get the actual CD press if there is one. Anybody know?
Back to top Go down
Metalhunter
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalhunter

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Messiah "Final Warning" question   Messiah "Final Warning" question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:24 pm

Stender wrote:
So I was just wondering, is this album legitamately on CD or only vinyl? I know there is a Hot metal records bootleg floating around but I would like to get the actual CD press if there is one. Anybody know?

As I know this one was just official released on vinyl. Never see any cd release beside the Hot Metal release. By the way it's a great album
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-treasures.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Messiah "Final Warning" question   Messiah "Final Warning" question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:03 pm

Metalhunter wrote:
Stender wrote:

As I know this one was just official released on vinyl. Never see any cd release beside the Hot Metal release. By the way it's a great album

Thanks metalhunter. I heard the opening track on youtube and liked it so I hope I can track down the boot sometime. thanks again for the info.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Messiah "Final Warning" question   Messiah "Final Warning" question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:16 pm

I purchased my CD copy from one of the band members a long time ago. It's an indie release, but I don't think it's a bootleg either.

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Messiah "Final Warning" question   Messiah "Final Warning" question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I purchased my CD copy from one of the band members a long time ago. It's an indie release, but I don't think it's a bootleg either.

There is no recording company name or anything on it?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Messiah "Final Warning" question   Messiah "Final Warning" question Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:13 pm

Messiah "Final Warning" question 83628

Stender -- if you're still looking for this on CD, Retroactive Records has re-released it (and GOING INSANE by the same band)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Messiah "Final Warning" question   Messiah "Final Warning" question Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:15 pm

I dont even remember who this band is now..hahahahhahahahahaha. Embarassed

but thanks freddy, you rule bro. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Messiah "Final Warning" question   Messiah "Final Warning" question Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Hahaha, it's all good. I just got the CD in the mail from Brutal Planet/Retroactive and on a whim searched their name to see if there had been any discussion of them that I'd missed out on. This thread appears to be the only time they've been mentioned. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Messiah "Final Warning" question   Messiah "Final Warning" question Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:22 pm

ah okay, I think my dad told me about this band a long time ago. Let me know how you like the reissue bro...I may pick it up at some point.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Messiah "Final Warning" question   Messiah "Final Warning" question Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:24 pm

I probably won't be able to listen to the full album till tomorrow or the next day but that YouTube clip sounds pretty cool in a retro/fuzzy sorta way.

By the way... is that album cover uglier than hell or what? Good grief. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Messiah "Final Warning" question   Messiah "Final Warning" question Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I probably won't be able to listen to the full album till tomorrow or the next day but that YouTube clip sounds pretty cool in a retro/fuzzy sorta way.

By the way... is that album cover uglier than hell or what? Good grief. Laughing very hard

no kidding...that one demon has a total upskirt view of that beefy angel dude...hahahhahaha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Messiah "Final Warning" question   Messiah "Final Warning" question Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:29 pm

Messiah "Final Warning" question Messiah-FW

It was the early 80s. Cheez such as this was rampant in metal at the time. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Messiah "Final Warning" question   Messiah "Final Warning" question Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:22 pm

Stender wrote:
Let me know how you like the reissue bro...I may pick it up at some point.

Okey dokey, I've been listening to both Messiah CDs on and off all day so I have formulated a "first spin impression" of 'em...like to hear it? Here it go.

Apparently they were quite the Midwestern concert draw in the late 70s/early '80s due to their flamboyant stage shows which were "inspired by the sound and theatrics of Alice Cooper, Kiss and Black Sabbath." Ummmm....okay! Music-wise Messiah seem like pretty basic late '70s style chugging hard rock, decent solos and catchy choruses. The vocalist actually reminds me of Roger Daltrey of the Who (!) at times. Nothing spectacular but they don't suck either.

I can sorta hear the Sabbath influence on some tracks here (mostly in the guitar) but overall I am reminded more of Blue Oyster Cult, Messiah seem to be trying to cop the same "weird but epic" sort of feel that B.O.C. had.

This kinda stuff was already pretty well out of date by the time FINAL WARNING was released in '84 and was totally yesterday's news when the GOING INSANE EP came out in '86, so maybe that's why they never caught on biggy styley.

As a side note, it seems that original pressings of FINAL WARNING are rare-as-hell collector's items that go for stupid $$ amongst the "tr00 arcane steele vinyl" crowd nowadays. Betcha someone we know who used to post here "has eight copies, six still sealed! Ehehehehehehe."

Also, if the artwork hasn't topped somebody's "Worst Album Covers of All Time" list yet, I am officially nominating it here and now.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Messiah "Final Warning" question   Messiah "Final Warning" question Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:38 am

Let me know if you want to get rid of them Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Messiah "Final Warning" question   Messiah "Final Warning" question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Messiah "Final Warning" question
Page 1 of 1