Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah"..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah".. Empty
PostSubject: So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah"..   So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah".. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:12 pm

And is it just me, or does Zakk sound nearly identical to Ozzy on that track? It's scary, I heard the song and I seriously though it was Ozzy..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah"..   So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah".. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:26 pm

As his voice got stronger, and he actually started singing in a strong clean tone, he had that Ozzy sound. He had it all the way back on the first BLS album, but around 1919 Eternal it began showing up more.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah"..   So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah".. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 4:22 pm

Yea, it's definately been a progression. I didn't notice it as much on the 1st BLS, but the last few, it's been more noticable. Pretty soon he won't need Ozzy. He writes the music, plays guitar, now he'll do the vocals on Oz's next cd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah"..   So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah".. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 8:23 pm

Im a huge BLS fan & at times i think Zakk has got some vocal coaching off Ozzy.......there are some songs though where i think Ozzy is doing back up vocals on BLS songs like "in this river" but it might be Zakk sounding like Ozzy.................now if only Zakk gave Ozzy some songwriting lessons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah"..   So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah".. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:13 pm

Nah, that's all Zakk (except on "Stillborn," of course). If you listen to Sonic Brew, it's there. "Mother Mary" it's probably most obvious. The thing is, back then his clean tone had a "scratchy" exterior. That's the sing of a singer that just isn't strong enough to push his vocals into that clean-only zone. With power, of course. We knew he can do the quieter, more mellow clean style with ease.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah"..   So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah".. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 1:23 pm

I've always heard the Ozzy influence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah"..   So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah".. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I was listening to "Suicide Messiah"..
Page 1 of 1