Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abattoir "vicious attack" question

Go down 
+2
DeathCult
Stender
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Abattoir "vicious attack" question Empty
PostSubject: Abattoir "vicious attack" question   Abattoir "vicious attack" question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:43 am

Wondering if the original 85' pressing of this album was a vinyl/cassette only press. I have heard that the only way to get the album on disc is to get the 1999 century media reissue, is that true?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir "vicious attack" question   Abattoir "vicious attack" question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:57 am

As far as I know, thats true.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir "vicious attack" question   Abattoir "vicious attack" question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:58 am

DeathCult wrote:
As far as I know, thats true.

Thanks bro, owe ya man.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir "vicious attack" question   Abattoir "vicious attack" question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:32 am

I'd say DC is on the money. Back in '85 CDs were still a relatively new thing and they were pretty much reserved for giant major-label acts like Madonna and Elton John. Indie labels didn't get on the CD train till later in the decade.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir "vicious attack" question   Abattoir "vicious attack" question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:44 am

I have the '99 Century Media pressing. I've never seen another pressing. I would assume that the album was only released on vinyl/cassette in '85.

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir "vicious attack" question   Abattoir "vicious attack" question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:04 am

I don't think CDs really started hitting until '87, so this would definitely have been a vinyl/cassette release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir "vicious attack" question   Abattoir "vicious attack" question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:53 pm

I think PriceKillers may have pressed this back in the day. I am almost positive one or the other [or both] ended up pressed during that series. PM Tosh - he could probably tell ya.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir "vicious attack" question   Abattoir "vicious attack" question Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:05 pm

No, they weren't Price Killers, theres only the 20 dics in that series.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir "vicious attack" question   Abattoir "vicious attack" question Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:38 am

DeathCult wrote:
No, they weren't Price Killers, theres only the 20 dics in that series.

Yeah - I was thinking the SPV Low-Price/Mid-Price. Those always get clustered in my peanut brain.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir "vicious attack" question   Abattoir "vicious attack" question Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:12 am

Nope, neither the Pricekillers or SPV Mid-Priced picked it up. The Century Media pressing in '99 is the first disc release it got.

Metal novice
Metal novice
oldskoolcollector

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir "vicious attack" question   Abattoir "vicious attack" question Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 6:20 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Nope, neither the Pricekillers or SPV Mid-Priced picked it up. The Century Media pressing in '99 is the first disc release it got.

100% right!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir "vicious attack" question   Abattoir "vicious attack" question Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:55 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

Thanks Ben, thats what i had thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir "vicious attack" question   Abattoir "vicious attack" question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abattoir "vicious attack" question
Page 1 of 1