Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope

Go down 
+7
XYZ
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Schbopo
MetalRob331
MetalH
BillRoxx
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Empty
PostSubject: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:06 am

Got my tickets yesterday !

I am a big Ozzy and Zakk fan if you didn't know!

And a Sevendust fan too!

Anyone else here going?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:08 am

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm a huge BLS fan. Wish I could go!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:46 am

Awesome show like all those bands. Each one of those bands have 1 album in my top 50 all time.

BLS - Stronger Then Death
Sevendust - Hope and Sorrow
Dope - Life
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:00 pm

Oh, man, no Albuquerque show. Sad

I'm a huge fan of both BLS and Sevendust, so it sounds like a killer show.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:11 pm

I like BLS, but I'm not a fan of Sevendust or Dope. I did read that Zakk did some guitar work on at least one song on the new Dope album. I know they started off as kind of a Marilyn Manson knock-off, but maybe they're changing their style a bit more these days. I dunno.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I like BLS, but I'm not a fan of Sevendust or Dope. I did read that Zakk did some guitar work on at least one song on the new Dope album. I know they started off as kind of a Marilyn Manson knock-off, but maybe they're changing their style a bit more these days. I dunno.

They have some really cool songs that just get the blood flowing, Dope that is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:06 pm

Why would a band as good as BLS play with a bunch of nancyboys like Sevendust?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:16 pm

I like Sevendust.

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:58 pm

Ugh.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 11:04 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
Ugh.

How much Sevendust have you actually heard? I appreciate the vocals most. Lajon has a great singing voice. I don't care as much for his screaming, but when he sings he has a ton of soul. Also, the band is heavy yet incorporates a lot of melody.

ult

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 11:09 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
Why would a band as good as BLS play with a bunch of nancyboys like Sevendust?

BAH! Mad

Sevendust is awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 11:50 pm

To each his own, right. But, I pretty much detest all things mainstream. And, I give everything an ample shot before I think about talkin' shmack about it. I just took their 'Best Of - Chapter One' out of the local library system, and didn't get past more than the first three tracks. Just not a big fan of Nu-Metal thing. And BLS is a completely different style of Southern Fried, Bluesy and Sludgy Metal. The pairing doesn't seem natural.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:39 am

To detest all things mainstream really means you dont like some very huge bands in the world. You might not like it now but I'm sure in your time you enjoyed it.

As far as Sevendust goes they are a great band. Great Vocals, tons of melody. awesome songwriting, and have some really heavy tunes.

Sevendust aren't Nu-Metal IMO and get lumped in that category because they came out at that time. They just come off as metal to me.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:15 am

Quote :
Lajon has a great singing voice. I don't care as much for his screaming, but when he sings he has a ton of soul.

The screaming is my problem with this band. Did they ever put out an entire CD of actual singing?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:38 am

Marc Mason wrote:
To each his own, right. But, I pretty much detest all things mainstream.

Yes, to each his own. So do you hate Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Metallica, Megadeth, etc.? These bands are all mainstream. Actually, Black Label Society are pretty mainstream as well, at least as mainstream as Sevendust.

Quote :
And, I give everything an ample shot before I think about talkin' shmack about it. I just took their 'Best Of - Chapter One' out of the local library system, and didn't get past more than the first three tracks.

How can you say you gave them "an ample shot" then go on to say you only listened to "the first three songs". That best of album is in chronological order, so basically you heard three songs off their first album from over ten years ago and that's it. That's hardly giving them "an ample shot", especially of a band that has been around for over a decade and has around 7 or so releases out. I'm not saying you or anyone else has to like them, I just hate when people claim to know a band's music but haven't truly given them an ample shot.

There are some bands I don't like based on a handful of songs. Godsmack comes to mind. However, I just honestly say, I haven't really given then a fair listen, but don't like the handful of songs I have heard.

Quote :
And BLS is a completely different style of Southern Fried, Bluesy and Sludgy Metal. The pairing doesn't seem natural.

I hear that a lot. I don't hear anything "Southern" about BLS. A good band, no doubt, but what makes them "Southern fried"?

I think the two bands gel together pretty well. Both use heavily distored, downtuned guitars, modern riffing, pop hooks, etc. They have their differences, but their sounds are not so far off that they won't appeal to a similar crowd of fans.

Last edited by ultmetal on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:43 am

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :
Lajon has a great singing voice. I don't care as much for his screaming, but when he sings he has a ton of soul.

The screaming is my problem with this band. Did they ever put out an entire CD of actual singing?

Lajon never came off as a screamer to me, he just used a more aggressive vocal style to fit the heavier parts of the song and to get that anger feel. Its more Morgan Rose the drummer that screams. I would suggest there newest album its killer and I think its there best.

Check out songs like

Inside, Hope, Scapegoat, The Past, Sorrow, and Contradiction off the new album all insanely good.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:12 pm

[quote="ultmetal"]
Marc Mason wrote:

I hear that a lot. I don't hear anything "Southern" about BLS. A good band, no doubt, but what makes them "Southern fried"?

I think the two bands gel together pretty well. Both use heavily distored, downtuned guitars, modern riffing, pop hooks, etc. They have their differences, but their sounds are not so far off that they won't appeal to a similar crowd of fans.

Alright, ya got me on the mainstream thing. I shoulda been more specific. I detest all things mainstream from the last ten years. The first three tracks on that 'Best Of' screamed Nu-Metal to me, and I can't stand that stuff. Reminds me of my buddy, Rick, who listens to, and records, nothing but. Him and Sevendust are just plain wrong to me. Goes against the fundamental spirit of Metal to be so Pop-oriented....And, if you can't hear the blues-basis with a band like BLS, then ya gotta get your blues button and corresponding gages and levels checked. There might be an imbalance in the system, son. lol.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:53 pm

[quote="Marc Mason"]
ultmetal wrote:
Marc Mason wrote:

Alright, ya got me on the mainstream thing. I shoulda been more specific. I detest all things mainstream from the last ten years. The first three tracks on that 'Best Of' screamed Nu-Metal to me, and I can't stand that stuff. Reminds me of my buddy, Rick, who listens to, and records, nothing but. Him and Sevendust are just plain wrong to me. Goes against the fundamental spirit of Metal to be so Pop-oriented....And, if you can't hear the blues-basis with a band like BLS, then ya gotta get your blues button and corresponding gages and levels checked. There might be an imbalance in the system, son. lol.

I think you are really missing out on a great band. Sevendust again aren't Nu Metal IMO they are just modern metal and even just hard rock. As far as the pop reference, you are being mislead as to what he means. What he is stating is that Sevendust dont forget the melody in there songs. This is a must for me all songs need melody and that memorable hook. Sevendust does it within themselves very well. As for you hearing the first 3 songs on there greatest hits none of those songs are close to Nu Metal.

Also I dont hear any blues in BLS either and they are a band I really dig. Sometimes a few choice licks in his solos but not his riffs for the most part.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:07 am

Sevendust are ok, but Dope & BLS i cannot stand. yes, i do own albums from both bands.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:11 am

mc666 wrote:
Sevendust are ok, but Dope & BLS i cannot stand. yes, i do own albums from both bands.

I've yet to hear Dope.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:24 am

Quote :
I've yet to hear Dope.

I doubt you'll like them ult. I like BLS and Sevendust i can tolerate but Dope sucks.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope   B L S Black Label Society Bash w / Sevendust and Dope Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:26 am

ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I've yet to hear Dope.

I like Dope they're an in your face modern metal band with hints of industrial on very few tracks. They are labeled Nu Metal really for there first cd. I dont think you would like them but if you were to start somewhere start with Life its an amazing cd IMO. Below are 2 songs off of life that I think rock.