Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Black Label Society Album

Go down 
+11
Lari
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
journeyman
BillRoxx
martinsane
Troublezone
Eyesore
MetalRob331
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Black Label Society Album Empty
PostSubject: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:33 am

Catacombs of the Black Vatican  - April 7th

The long-awaited follow-up to 2009′s The Order Of The Black comes after the departure of mainman Wylde’s ‘Evil Twin’ Nick Catanese, who’s been replaced by Lizzy Borden guitarist Dario Lorina.

BLS recently said: “We have amicably parted ways with Nick, and wish him the very best in his future musical endeavours.”

Borden took the loss of his guitarist in good grace, saying: “We’re extremely proud and happy for Dario. I know Zakk, his band and their fans are going to love him as we all do. He will always be one of us and we wish him all the luck in the world.”

New Black Label Society Album Dario%20+%20Arkanator%202

Dude needs to bulk up and grow some facial hair for BLS, doesn't he?  Very Happy

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:42 am

Whoa, give that guy a sammich.
Looking forward to new BLS though.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:18 pm

That guy def needs to eat some more meat. Looking forward to the new album...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:36 pm

Can't wait for this one. Love me some BLS.

And meat.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:44 pm

He doesn't look like he fits in BLS. But if Zakk hired him, he must be ok.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:14 pm

Zakk already has a response for anyone questioning his decision...
New Black Label Society Album L_a4cb4abc0b1b4ef1ad82m712873472874

Razz 

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 10:45 am

Dario certainly is an amazing player, his new solo cd is a shredfest and then some...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:51 pm

martinsane wrote:
Dario certainly is an amazing player, his new solo cd is a shredfest and then some...

He's gonna have to take a back seat to Zakk in BLS!!!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 11:10 pm

Maybe it'll inspire Zakk. I enjoy BLS but he's getting repetitive.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:05 am

Like I said on Facebook (seriously, I'm just copying and pasting it here), "This is all improv, so it doesn't quite fit over the backing track the whole time, but goddamn this is sick! Zakk is a beast on guitar, of course, but this is still pretty amazing to watch."

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:54 am

Eyesore wrote:
Like I said on Facebook (seriously, I'm just copying and pasting it here), "This is all improv, so it doesn't quite fit over the backing track the whole time, but goddamn this is sick! Zakk is a beast on guitar, of course, but this is still pretty amazing to watch."

Zakk is a beast, but 4mins of shredding as fast as he can, gets old after about 30 secs... I did love the part at 1 20!!

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 1:03 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Zakk is a beast, but 4mins of shredding as fast as he can, gets old after about 30 secs... I did love the part at 1 20!!

But shredding was the point.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Shredding isnt always about going as fast as you can. Zakk should of changed it up and it would of made it that much better.. Still love that mans style and his rhythm playing has always been a huge influence on me..
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:34 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Shredding isnt always about going as fast as you can.  Zakk should of changed it up and it would of made it that much better.. Still love that mans style and his rhythm playing has always been a huge influence on me..

The point was to shred. Shredding is playing fast. It's not like this was a song on a BLS album.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 10:51 pm

That was cool. I'd rather listen to that than most the BLS stuff...

But dang whats with those hobbiton/warlock/vampire finger nails on his picking hand. That homeless dude look is wearing really thin imho...
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:40 pm

I am stoked looking forward to this one!!!! Big Zakk and BLS fan right here!

New Black Label Society Album Zakk-Bill-Carrie
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 12:23 am

martinsane wrote:

But dang whats with those hobbiton/warlock/vampire finger nails on his picking hand. That homeless dude look is wearing really thin imho...

He uses the nails while playing. A lot of guitarists do. John Butler uses fake nails.

Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 7:18 am

Eyesore wrote:

Zakk is one of the few guitarist out there today that can do that. He was running through scale patterns and never once got lost or hit a wrong note. Most guitarist do not have that depth of knowledge nor that precision. Merely a practice session designed to show case the guitar and show folks that an Epiphone can sound just as good as a Gibson. A big deal considering the price difference between the two.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 8:39 am

Eyesore wrote:
martinsane wrote:

He uses the nails while playing. A lot of guitarists do. John Butler uses fake nails.

That's what I figured and based on this video that thumb nail is the same/similar...

Still looks creepy. Smile
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 8:57 am

I've never been huge on BLS (despite the fact that Wylde is my favorite Ozzy guitarist and I can never get enough of the riffs on NRFTW and NMT.

I may check this new record out though. I've never understood why I don't get more into BLS.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:04 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Shredding isnt always about going as fast as you can.  Zakk should of changed it up and it would of made it that much better.. Still love that mans style and his rhythm playing has always been a huge influence on me..

The point was to shred. Shredding is playing fast. It's not like this was a song on a BLS album.

The title was a little misleading  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:40 am

I've never been huge on BLS (despite the fact that Wylde is my favorite Ozzy guitarist and I can never get enough of the riffs on NRFTW and NMT. wrote:

Imo he changed over time. The tone for one seems different then those albums and he fell in love with the harmonic squeal.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:47 am

I am looking forward to this. Order of the Black was excellent and I hope the new one matches it. Zakk seems much more focused since he got sober and that was certainly reflected on Order of the Black.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 12:10 pm

Quote :
Zakk seems much more focused since he got sober

Really? When did that happen?

Quote :
But dang whats with those hobbiton/warlock/vampire finger nails on his picking hand.

I couldn't pay attention to what he was playing. All I could focus on was the werewolf fingernails. Gross.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 4:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Zakk seems much more focused since he got sober

Really? When did that happen?

Quote :
But dang whats with those hobbiton/warlock/vampire finger nails on his picking hand.

I couldn't pay attention to what he was playing. All I could focus on was the werewolf fingernails. Gross.

He stopped drinking a couple of years ago. The blood clots in his legs and his wife kicking him out finally got him to sober up.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society Album   New Black Label Society Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Black Label Society Album
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next